"It's just a small scratch what"..

Ozzie75

What will the HK police do?

HK police will take down statement of both drivers so cannot run away. Insurance will step in next and everything as per usual. Of course if both drivers agree to let it go then no need to call police.

Everything in HK can call police. Vehicle breakdown also call police and they will send someone to direct traffic.

Can always see their TP on the road. Not like in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement

HK police will take down statement of both drivers so cannot run away. Insurance will step in next and everything as per usual. Of course if both drivers agree to let it go then no need to call police.

Everything in HK can call police. Vehicle breakdown also call police and they will send someone to direct traffic.

SG TP outsource others to take video of offence....there is always a price to pay for outsourcing

SG TP outsource others to take video of offence....there is always a price to pay for outsourcing

That's true. I'm just waiting for the whole gahmen to be outsource too. [idea]:D

• Praise 2

Actually, I think calling the police when there is an accident is fairly common, I know they do this also in Taiwan, & certain in Germany, as long as the accident is in dispute. Everything can be settled on the spot.When police is involve, people tend less likely to make false statements also.

But Singapore, unless there is injury, the Police will not act. But then again, to be fair, Singapore is accident Fantasyland, if Police have to act every accident, then they will be very busy.

That's true. I'm just waiting for the whole gahmen to be outsource too. [idea]:D

When ministers' salary is still attractive / high, the posts will not be outsourced and let others enjoy the high pay.

Actually, I think calling the police when there is an accident is fairly common, I know they do this also in Taiwan, & certain in Germany, as long as the accident is in dispute. Everything can be settled on the spot.When police is involve, people tend less likely to make false statements also.

But Singapore, unless there is injury, the Police will not act. But then again, to be fair, Singapore is accident Fantasyland, if Police have to act every accident, then they will be very busy.

Why not TP set up a "commercial" unit to handle disputes between drivers but charge the driver who por-mata? (call in the TP) The charge earned by the commercial unit must be high enough to cover manpower costs etc in this commercial unit.

Woah. They really serve the public. I last time go HK also saw their police patrol and jot log card one.

Singapore one are like ninja. You will never see them, but when u see them they come in uni-directional. If worse, you will only see the police "notice board" haha. I find that super redundant.

And if he complains you let the air out of all 4 of his tyres, you can just say

its only a bit of air what!

:D

Not "a bit of air", but rather, "got meh? Can't see leh!"

• Praise 1

I never saw any TP before when I visited HK. Only see normal police patrolling the street. Their patrolling very frequent along Nathan Road, every 5 min, a pair of officers will walk by the same place.

How I know, I was waiting on the street sitting on the railing while my wife happily shopping. Me dont like shopping so waited at the street for 45mins!!!

I never saw any TP before when I visited HK. Only see normal police patrolling the street. Their patrolling very frequent along Nathan Road, every 5 min, a pair of officers will walk by the same place.

How I know, I was waiting on the street sitting on the railing while my wife happily shopping. Me dont like shopping so waited at the street for 45mins!!!

Nathan road is different mah Tourist area. A lot of police patrol that place.

I also don't like shopping but I like to eat :D Not just eat, I like good food so always going all over the place to eat ^_^

I think the TS not honest in this incident.

Look at the damage and its position, I just don't believe it was caused by an opened door from a slow moving car against a stationary car.

I think the TS not honest in this incident.

Look at the damage and its position, I just don't believe it was caused by an opened door from a slow moving car against a stationary car.

If you can get the footages from the hotel, you will know the answer.

Anyway those are the paint drop from the merc FYI.

Dont call people dishonest just because you think the scratches are too big. Vehicles scratches are accumulated from alot of circumstances.

1. car moving

2. impact of the door on the car

3. the impact that causes the scratches

4. the location of the scratches versus the location of the merc scratches on its door rim.

So.... if you still dont get it, please try asking someone to scratch your car the same way and let us know what is the impact.

If you can get the footages from the hotel, you will know the answer.

Anyway those are the paint drop from the merc FYI.

Dont call people dishonest just because you think the scratches are too big. Vehicles scratches are accumulated from alot of circumstances.

1. car moving

2. impact of the door on the car

3. the impact that causes the scratches

4. the location of the scratches versus the location of the merc scratches on its door rim.

So.... if you still dont get it, please try asking someone to scratch your car the same way and let us know what is the impact

My apology to TS, just realized it was not your car.

To bbpiglet, "naive" is the best word to describe you.

er.....traffic accident over a scratch? A hit and run? If he turns around and ask for proof that the scratch is caused by his car? Or if your insurance excess is $600 and the repair cost is $50 or if it's thrown out cos the other party did not report? The penalty for making a false police report comes with a fine and/or a jail sentence.

Just my thoughts..... best to consider especially in light of making a small matter blown up as it might just backfire at you.

Safe ride

Cheers

It IS an accident and the other driver refused to exchange particulars. My friend made a report like that before (bike hit his mirror, brushed it off by saying no big deal, and left, refusing to exchange particulars) and the TP said it is considered hit and run. You don't have to go through insurance claim. My friend fixed it on his own but the report can maybe prevent that idiot from getting insured in future? Not asking TS's friend to falsify anything.

Ah so, but this incident is slightly different and in your earlier post u mentioned to claim from insurance.

Slight difference is in the biker ride off whilst this merc driver's ride is still in parking lot and one can wait for his reappearance. The driver did not abandon his vehicle unlike some accidents where the driver left his vehicle and fled from the accident scene.

Thanks for sharing your friends account too and what was done after the report? Did your friend managed to claim anything from either insurance?

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

Ah so, but this incident is slightly different and in your earlier post u mentioned to claim from insurance.

Slight difference is in the biker ride off whilst this merc driver's ride is still in parking lot and one can wait for his reappearance. The driver did not abandon his vehicle unlike some accidents where the driver left and fled from the accident scene.

Thanks for sharing your friends account too.

Safe ride

Cheers

Yup, the vehicle was still there. Hence, it seems like the driver already know he can go off scot-free.

My apology to TS, just realized it was not your car.

To bbpiglet, "naive" is the best word to describe you.

Thanks alot.

Same to you as well.

I am very disappointed that people here are even thinking of scratching the offender old car that COE is expiring soon.

We should not think like that.

People should be more gracious and forgiving and just forget about it.

And should just wait and see what new car the offender is changing to.

• Praise 2

I am very disappointed that people here are even thinking of scratching the offender old car that COE is expiring soon.

We should not think like that.

People should be more gracious and forgiving and just forget about it.

And should just wait and see what new car the offender is changing to.

[laugh]:D[laugh][thumbsup]

• Praise 1

if its me... i will walk between both cars.. and 'it just happened i forgot i was holding my key' and aiyah... just a long scratch on his door what....

but it seemed like the black car is parked pretty close to one side of the lot, but again, old hotels maybe has very small lots anyway.

really suck thumb.. :(

Edited by Chrispie
↡ Advertisement