All new 2014 Elantra

Quantum

Create a thread to discuss All new 2014 Eltantra, which will be launched soon in Singapore,

2014_hyundai_elantra_4_1024x768.jpgMY14Elantra_Limited_06.jpg

MY14Elantra_Sport_05.jpg

2014_hyundai_elantra_24_1024x768.jpg2014_hyundai_elantra_46_1280x960.jpg2014_hyundai_elantra_56_1280x960.jpg2014_hyundai_elantra_57_1280x960.jpg

2014_hyundai_elantra_38_1024x768.jpg

2014_hyundai_elantra_43_1024x768.jpg

Edited by Laserjet
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Looks like a face lift. But in above pic, its GDI = 140ps ? = CAT B

Local should be MPI I think, maintaining the 130hp for CAT A.

No rear aircon? How about aircon front seat?

K3 seems to better equiped.

is it in the altis league?

I will get this anytime between this and Altis.

• Praise 3

No rear aircon? How about aircon front seat?

K3 seems to better equiped.

I will get this anytime between this and Altis.

The Elantra version launched here will have rear aircon.

I'm not sure how this car compares to the K3 and for that matter the Altis.

Any current Hyundai, KIA or Toyota owners care to comment.

My take abeit through reading reviews etc is that the Koreans have definitely caught up with the Japs and with the price diff ( I think 120k v 130k) should seriously be considered. That said Toyota has always been noted for their reliability but should taht be the main consideration? Think both the Koreans are now just as reliable right? Lastly between the 2 Koreans, which is better?

• Praise 3

I thought usually the price differences between toyota and korean cars are always about $10K? I remember even way back in 2000s, vios selling at $65K and accent selling at $55k?!

If compared between K3 and elantra. should not have too much differences in term of spec. Maybe see if you like which design more only.

Edited by 13177

I thought usually the price differences between toyota and korean cars are always about $10K? I remember even way back in 2000s, vios selling at $65K and accent selling at $55k?!

If compared between K3 and elantra. should not have too much differences in term of spec. Maybe see if you like which design more only.

No.now's a day the Kia brought in by C & C always have better spec (better equipped ). Just compare the Santa Fe & Sitemap.

Comparing to Altis wise, I won't bother. Both Elantra/K3 win Altis hands down in terms of price & feature & safety. Durablity/branding wise, it's subjective. I am driving a K3 so you know my bet.

Elantra vs K3:

1. Pricing

Elantra has Std and Elite model. Both are more pricey than K3 (based on sgcarmart) currently. When I bought my K3, Elantra Std is comparable to K3, Elite was more expensive.

2. Spec

All 3 almost the same, negligible difference. FC should be almost the same too.

3. Exterior

Very subjective. Elantra has wow factor but if staring long the look become tiring. However, after the tiredness fade away and you look back at it, it again gives the wow look. (Not sure you know what I am saying) K3, quite standard look which some find nice while some find too common.

4. Interior

I find the layout of K3 is nicer than Elantra, again very subjective.

5. Features

K3 win hands down. Elantra std is quite bare. Elite model has a lot more but when compared to K3, is still lagging behind. For example, 16' rim vs K3 17. No paddle shift/cruise control/Bluetooth/dualzone aircon/memory seat, etc. But if you don't need all these, it doesn't matter. But then, K3 is cheaper still with all the features.

Finally, this Elantra feels more complete. When this new Elantra was launched, I cannot get over the ugly centre console design that looks like a robot face due to the low placed small central air-con vents. Now it is better, if it's with rear air-con it is even better. I happen to find out that most Korean cars, they do come with rear foot well-vents as well, which proves to be a comfort for rear passengers.

Edited by Heartbreakid

The Elantra version launched here will have rear aircon.

good to know that...this is one main criteria im looking at for my next ride... [grin]

I'm not sure how this car compares to the K3 and for that matter the Altis.

Any current Hyundai, KIA or Toyota owners care to comment.

My take abeit through reading reviews etc is that the Koreans have definitely caught up with the Japs and with the price diff ( I think 120k v 130k) should seriously be considered. That said Toyota has always been noted for their reliability but should taht be the main consideration? Think both the Koreans are now just as reliable right? Lastly between the 2 Koreans, which is better?

Me sat before the old Altis not the latest one in my colleague's car, we are going out for an appointment. Also, sat in the taxi model I40 during CNY becoz will be drinking beer, so no driving on my own. Dunno the taxi I40 is the same as this model or not. During both times, I am not the driver but as passenger. I find the Altis more stable and quiet. The I40 quiet too but not as stable as Altis, abit floaty and feeling not confident. Maybe, taxis are different. My genuine comment coz I don't own both cars or have I driven both.

Edited by Renegade777

Me sat before the old Altis not the latest one in my colleague's car, we are going out for an appointment. Also, sat in the taxi model I40 during CNY becoz will be drinking beer, so no driving on my own. Dunno the taxi I40 is the same as this model or not. During both times, I am not the driver but as passenger. I find the Altis more stable and quiet. The I40 quiet too but not as stable as Altis, abit floaty and feeling not confident. Maybe, taxis are different. My genuine comment coz I don't own both cars or have I driven both.

I never sat in the i40 taxi before but sat in the 05 altis, i also find the ride quite comfort and stable.

Ya another super-overpriced K car [bigcry] Only Sillyporean willing to buy [furious]

Overpriced? Look at the margin of conti car and then day which is overpriced.... Hehehe..

↡ Advertisement