All new 2014 Elantra

Quantum

no diff from 2013.... K3 anytime better than this

But funny is you dont find many K3 on the road since it has launched. Whereas you able to find quite many elantra.

But funny is you dont find many K3 on the road since it has launched. Whereas you able to find quite many elantra.

As a K3 owner, I like it that way. :D

Ya another super-overpriced K car [bigcry] Only Sillyporean willing to buy [furious]

LOL, this make me laugh so hard. Bro Heartbreakid is right. Our Mr Minister will tell you don't buy if cannot afford.

Looks like a face lift. But in above pic, its GDI = 140ps ? = CAT B

Local should be MPI I think, maintaining the 130hp for CAT A.

Doesn't matter, might as well get a more powerful car since COE of both categories are almost the same

LTA might as well combine the 2 cat into one. They wasted their time and effort for having a feedback session but yield zero results. [shakehead]

I think it's just a gimmick to show us they exist and are working.......doesn't matter if their policies doesn't work. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Atonchia

Perhaps Hyundai should bring in the Elantra 2.0L from Hyundai USA? Uses the 175bhp engine from the i45. Haha.

Still finding it strange why Hyundai don't want to put their 1.6TGDi 206bhp engine in their other lineups besides the Veloster Turbo.

Perhaps Hyundai should bring in the Elantra 2.0L from Hyundai USA? Uses the 175bhp engine from the i45. Haha.

Still finding it strange why Hyundai don't want to put their 1.6TGDi 206bhp engine in their other lineups besides the Veloster Turbo.

1.6TGDi is 186bhp, where got 206bhp?

1.6TGDi is 186bhp, where got 206bhp?

Komoca bring in the lower spec 1.6TGDI. The higher spec one in many country is more than 200bhp.

I believe C & C will bring in the higher spec new Kia Koup 1.6TGDI.

Komoca bring in the lower spec 1.6TGDI. The higher spec one in many country is more than 200bhp.

I believe C & C will bring in the higher spec new Kia Koup 1.6TGDI.

I think LTA will only allow lower spec to bring in, Singapore too small for higher spec car sprinting [:p]

I think LTA will only allow lower spec to bring in, Singapore too small for higher spec car sprinting [:p]

LTA will encourage in fact. More higher spec car = more ARF + more Cat B/Open COE + more Road Tax + more ERP collection + more speeding ticket + more reason to up ERP.

Indirect benefit to gahmen = higher insurance + more petrol sold ---> more tax collected.

Win win. No horse run.

Edited by Vitaminc1231

LTA will encourage in fact. More higher spec car = more ARF + more Cat B/Open COE + more Road Tax + more ERP collection + more speeding ticket + more reason to up ERP.

Indirect benefit to gahmen = higher insurance + more petrol sold ---> more tax collected.

Win win. No horse run.

and also more accident, more ambulance demand :D

this elantra is consider b&b car like the altis... u put turbo makes it more ex and less sellable.. just take the altis example gd enuff liao... the pervious model still with its antique 4 speed auto still selling like hotcakes... rem its b&b car the cheaper with decent power for the mass market...

this elantra is consider b&b car like the altis... u put turbo makes it more ex and less sellable.. just take the altis example gd enuff liao... the pervious model still with its antique 4 speed auto still selling like hotcakes... rem its b&b car the cheaper with decent power for the mass market...

Yalor, B&b car should come with B&b spec, due to the way it's taxed, sg market is not ready for high spec B&b car.. Even Toyota unable to sell 1.8 Altis (not sure how many they sold but I'm sure just a few in sg) when is the basic spec in other country...

Edited by Blackyv

Yalor, B&b car should come with B&b spec, due to the way it's taxed, sg market is not ready for high spec B&b car.. Even Toyota unable to sell 1.8 Altis (not sure how many they sold but I'm sure just a few in sg) when is the basic spec in other country...

Honda civic also only imported 1.6L

Since recently CatA & B, COE almost Same,

Encourage More and more ADs will import 1.8 or 2.0

Hope for the 2014, kmc, will bring in a remapped version of the 1.6GDI.

After all, its only 138hp. Just need to re-tune/map (not power cut) and it will fit CAT A. Eg, 130hp/170nm ? Iwt this is more relevant for Sin.

The same applies for the new SSS.

It has been done b4. Eg, Jazz/City 1.5 .......118hp/145nm.

When they used it on the Freed mpv, they re-tune to 115hp/148nm.

So its re-tune/map, not power cut.

Bring in the 6 speed manual instead.

in the nearly future, manual will be more expensive than auto, and manul have worse FC than auto [:p]

↡ Advertisement