Why Foreign Cars with Dark-tinted glass are allowed into SG?

Hello MCFers;

On behalf of my friend to ask,

he just bought a 2nd hand car last month, now received LAT letter to request inspect, he worry that his car's rear glass solar film too dark to pass the inspect, it's look like attached picture,

if inspection fail, will be fined? if not be fined, he will keep it,

Request for inspection could be due to road tax expiring soon?

If just regular inspection, he may fail the inspection if the tint is too dark. likely have to remove and go back for inspection again..

↡ Advertisement

Request for inspection could be due to road tax expiring soon?

If just regular inspection, he may fail the inspection if the tint is too dark. likely have to remove and go back for inspection again..

I tot the inspection every 2 years happen once, not road tax expiring

Supercharged

Hello MCFers;

On behalf of my friend to ask,

he just bought a 2nd hand car last month, now received LAT letter to request inspect, he worry that his car's rear glass solar film too dark to pass the inspect, it's look like attached picture,

if inspection fail, will be fined? if not be fined, he will keep it,

What did the LTA letter say? Did it state the reason for requesting for an inspection? Eg, to renew road tax, or ....... If its not road tax expiring and no reason stated, call up LTA and ask.

The rear window of that Wish looks really dark.....but I'm not an inspector so I can't comment much more if it can pass....

Talking about security lapses at our border, I am sure most of us have seen many foreign-registered cars with dark-tinted glass driving around on our roads. But the question is why are they are allowed in the first place since this is supposed to be illegal?

Though they are foreign cars, they must adhere to our traffic rules & regulations.....

If happen to go causeway at nite. U see SG car coming back from JB also very happening. U name it dark tinted glass, reflective carplate, red headlight, under carriage light, loud exhaust, all pattern also have. Furthermore these foreign registered car come here and bang our car and we have to lan lan sux thumb. So dark tinted glass is least of my concern.

A side note theseday a lot of poser malaysia car in JB install blinker and siren. a headup for fellow jb mbr

• Praise 1

U mean like police blinkers? I ever saw a black sg car with red and blue flashing. Got police horn sizemore. Was early morning so kena tricked and gave way lol.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

U mean like police blinkers? I ever saw a black sg car with red and blue flashing. Got police horn sizemore. Was early morning so kena tricked and gave way lol.

That one could be an unmarked Police car, driven by undercover Policemen, rushing to somewhere.....

I don't think people here dare to play around with such lights, and a Police horn some more... [:/]

That one could be an unmarked Police car, driven by undercover Policemen, rushing to somewhere.....

I don't think people here dare to play around with such lights, and a Police horn some more... [:/]

Haha hard to believe right. But its an S plate car. 300C. I was also surprised when i saw that.

• Praise 1

there are many SG cars with very dark windows. many SG cars with modified engines and mufflers. so how did these cars pass inspection?

u know, I know, everybody know... [laugh]

Supersonic

Normally how much allowance does the inspection pass for tinted glass ?

If it's within a couple % points, *and* you can prove the film was installed by the authorised dealer when car delivered brand new, they usually pang chan.

Otherwise, they'll often just rip the film right off, and make a total mess of it. You'll be forced to get it redone that way.

Turbocharged

there are many SG cars with very dark windows. many SG cars with modified engines and mufflers. so how did these cars pass inspection?

Either they have not gone for inspection or they have just gone for inspection.. Only during inspection you gotta be Kwai.

But this game mainly for the rich la...

↡ Advertisement