Could Anyone Have Braked In Time To Avoid This Accident?

Jellandross

i have shown the video to my children. i don't believe i will be able to stop in time if i was the driver.

the sad thing is most people here is looking at pointing the finger to the little girl demonstrate the lack of human decency . if she is an adult, i would say that she is reckless and maybe stupid but she is just a kid.

Kid or adult, the fact remains that she is the cause of the accident and should have been more careful. In any case, no one else was injured other than her so that's that.

• Praise 2

your comment looks and sounds stupid. not the kid.

not stupid then waht?

kids are not able to image/understand the potential danger on the road.

i have shown the video to my children

-_-" Edited by Mockngbrd

kids are not able to image/understand the potential danger on the road. from the video, it looks like she was chasing the bus at the other side.

your comment looks and sounds stupid. not the kid.

if your brain is the size of a pea than keep your comment to yourself.

bro, i think most people will agree if she is an adult but she is just a kid.

Kids are capable of learning and following rules, if not there is no point in showing them the video, which you did. Maybe we should blame the parents but for this case, it is not the driver's fault and I think most of us can agree to that.

Kids are capable of learning and following rules, if not there is no point in showing them the video, which you did. Maybe we should blame the parents but for this case, it is not the driver's fault and I think most of us can agree to that.

not driver's fault but becos of this kid's actions, he's not just going to be traumatised by the incident but probably going to be penalised as well.

It's an accident that nobody wish to have.

Hope the girl is recovering well and it's unfortunate that she has to learn this in real life.

I have shown this to my girl (who has just started to travel on her own) and i would urge parents to show this clip to their children, to remind them to be careful when they are on the road.

Situation awareness is very important.

God bless everyone.

• Praise 2

Bloody hell, nearly had the same accident here at ophir road and queens st cross junction, bloody brainless lady dash across with a truck thats making a left completely covering her. Lucky I can brake in time.

Tomorrow first thing is to install car cam..... too many idiots on the road....

Tomorrow first thing is to install car cam..... too many idiots on the road....

So did you????

And if so which model and from where.

Mind you I doubt you did. [lipsrsealed]

So did you????

And if so which model and from where.

Mind you I doubt you did. [lipsrsealed]

Just drove into the shop, left my car there, will be getting the bulls-i etk-b3600

Not challenging you, but myself, have been telling myself to install for over a year already, yesterday incident is the ultimatum....

KNN WTF want build railing but build halfway for f**k? Build along the whole f**king road lah! LTA shit for brains siboh?

Actually they build half way so that drivers can see pedestrian that illegal cross the road, but they didn't really anticipate that a kid of that height will chut such stunt.... Blame the parents, there are too many adults taking road safety for granted and fail to educate their kids... Even a lot of adult themselves are like that!

KNN WTF want build railing but build halfway for f**k? Build along the whole f**king road lah! LTA shit for brains siboh?

Agree with you, really poor design. Want to have the fence extend all the way to the traffic lights lah. Like this is indirectly encouraging people to cross/jaywalk at the end of the fence loh. rather do away with the fence altogether.

Hypersonic

Just drove into the shop, left my car there, will be getting the bulls-i etk-b3600

Not challenging you, but myself, have been telling myself to install for over a year already, yesterday incident is the ultimatum....

Actually they build half way so that drivers can see pedestrian that illegal cross the road, but they didn't really anticipate that a kid of that height will chut such stunt.... Blame the parents, there are too many adults taking road safety for granted and fail to educate their kids... Even a lot of adult themselves are like that!

Nothing is more important than safety. Only 1 life. Careless and it's gone.

Nothing is more important than safety. Only 1 life. Careless and it's gone.

Yes, she's really careless, totally unexpected just like the taxi driver case, normally I will slow down if I pass some stationary vehicle where very likely some pedestrian will try their luck but for this case, totally beaten by her.....

That is why the speed limit in estates is 50 or 60km/h. Even if cannot avoid, the damage will not be so great.

If the car is travelling at 50kmh which is the limit at that road, certainly it may be possible to avoid the collision or at least lessen the injury.

From my estimation the car was going approximately 60-70kmh.

From the looks of it the girl didn't even look at all. I fear she is a goner :(.

Neutral Newbie

sometimes due to blind spot of the surrounding . its really hard to avoid. so drive safe and keep eyes open big big.....

i am pretty sure i could stop in time, with some space allowance too. it's a common sense to slow down a bit and anticipate people running around when passing bus/bus top.

this has nothing to do with speed limit of the road. speed limit defines the max speed allowed. it's not that you MUST drive at the speed limit. all depend on road conditions.

he driving too fast. yes the school girl is wrong too. but if i am TP and make judgement, driver bears 100% liability.