What is 2nd hand car dealers' profit?

Quantum

My friend recently wanted to buy new car, sold his 08 Avente 1.6(M) to 2nd hand car dealer at a low price 30K, the dealer's excuse is manual no buyer, so cannot give higher,

immediately the dealer advetisted the car at sgCarMart price S$41888, and after 2 weeks sold out,

My friend felt "chopped carrot" [knife]

looks like 2nd hand dealers very easy earn $$$, thinking to join this industrial [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

My friend recently wanted to buy new car, sold his 08 Avente 1.6(M) to 2nd hand car dealer at a low price 30K, the dealer's excuse is manual no buyer, so cannot give higher,

immediately the dealer advetisted the car at sgCarMart price S$41888, and after 2 weeks sold out,

looks like 2nd hand dealers very easy earn $$$, thinking to join this industrial [rolleyes]

your friend should have sold it by DIY. Its not the dealer's fault.

your friend should have sold it by DIY. Its not the dealer's fault.

because my friend told me he doesn't want the buyer to know him, in case if any problem in future the buyer look for him,

btw, he told me his car AC compressor going to fail, due for 80k major service, and gearbox "gear biting" in hot condition, [:p]

because my friend told me he doesn't want the buyer to know him, in case if any problem in future the buyer look for him,

btw, he told me his car AC compressor going to fail, due for 80k major service, and gearbox "gear biting" in hot condition, [:p]

even sold car as private seller, the buyer must understand it is bought as "it is".

nothing to fear about and lemon laws does not apply on private seller.

• Praise 1

Nothing to envy on the dealer abt, if he can't sell, his absorbing the installment + interest n road tax as day passes.. Ur fren accept the price willingly! I'm tryin to sell my ride but facing problems wit direct buyer's due to the the downpayment issue.. Dealer manage to sell off the avante is his lobang gd ma.. I'm stuck cos my lobang aint as gd lor lol...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

It is well known that dealers will come out with many "negative faults" on your car, to induce you to sell it at his pricing....the excuses are usually the same! If your friend has confident of his car, he should stand firm and not give in easily.

2nd hand car dealers easy to earn money because they have the lobang to sell it off, at their target pricing. If you got what it takes, you can join this industry too.

Advertise at 41888 doesn't mean sold at this price, nowadays buyers know how to haggle for discounts as prices are getting more transparent now.

Moreover the dealer also has after sales and lemon law to take care while your friend sold it free from encumbrance.

I wonder if anyone sold car to dealer and later found out dealer lost money selling his car will post a pity thread here.

It is an arms-length deal between a willing buyer and seller. :)

It is well known that dealers will come out with many "negative faults" on your car, to induce you to sell it at his pricing....the excuses are usually the same! If your friend has confident of his car, he should stand firm and not give in easily.

2nd hand car dealers easy to earn money because they have the lobang to sell it off, at their target pricing. If you got what it takes, you can join this industry too.

Yes, a fren used to be an used car dealer, he had what it took but targeted only the rich or haolian kias who liked the cars in his showroom. He had the conscience not to whack the B&B crowd. He was literally laughing to the banks!!

However, after a few years of good run, the easy money did get to his head in that he over-expanded, later hit hard when the general economy took a rapid and deep dive. Nearly went bankrupt.

Supercharged

Yes, a fren used to be an used car dealer, he had what it took but targeted only the rich or haolian kias who liked the cars in his showroom. He had the conscience not to whack the B&B crowd. He was literally laughing to the banks!!

However, after a few years of good run, the easy money did get to his head in that he over-expanded, later hit hard when the general economy took a rapid and deep dive. Nearly went bankrupt.

That is his lobang! Others survive well by earning commission in car loans, car insurance, assisting in scrapping cars, etc. Its all about who you know and how you can get things done.

Your friend should have hired you to be his advisor, so you can advise him the proper way to do....eg, don't expand so fast, hire (only) chio SE, invest in online advertising, etc....

• Praise 1

now it's good time for 2ns hand car dealer, since CAT A didn't dive as most expection, B&B crowd all changed direction to 2nd hand market,

That is his lobang! Others survive well by earning commission in car loans, car insurance, assisting in scrapping cars, etc. Its all about who you know and how you can get things done.

Your friend should have hired you to be his advisor, so you can advise him the proper way to do....eg, don't expand so fast, hire (only) chio SE, invest in online advertising, etc....

LOL, if you had posted your post few years back and he read it at the time, he would have offered you 49% shares for you to be his partner, and both of you would have made enough, become influential, and tell LTA what to do today!!!

if dealer mark up $5K and buyer ask for $3k discount?

Dealer made $2K without any touch up watsoever which is very reasonable.

Then the buyer will come to forum KPKB about dealer selling defective product.

And who knows whether the new buyer got trade in at higher price with an equal lemon car?

So many of bashing dealers when original owners got rid of cars because of small defects.

2nd hand dealer take the risk to hold on to the inventory

what if this car is not sold for 6-months or longer?

2nd hand dealer want to make a kill in every deal. they don't know when is the next meal unlike AD ... they are in for long term

while deal with 2nd hand dealer ... spare no mercy nor empathy squeeze until the last drop, if you may ... as they definitely do the same to you

Edited by Wt_know

you can OMO freelance also. Just need some capital.

Buy from seller, sell to buyer and advertised as direct owner/consignment sale. Lemon law does not apply.

But, for manual car, to sell to dealer is a waste. There are a group of buyers specifically eyeing for them since you can hardly find any manual cars now in the market. Once you adertised, easily sell within a week.

you can OMO freelance also. Just need some capital.

Buy from seller, sell to buyer and advertised as direct owner/consignment sale. Lemon law does not apply.

But, for manual car, to sell to dealer is a waste. There are a group of buyers specifically eyeing for them since you can hardly find any manual cars now in the market. Once you adertised, easily sell within a week.

yes, I believe there are a group of buyers specifically eyeing for manual car,

not like those housewife buyers only want auto,

is any manual car club/forum in Singapore?

↡ Advertisement