Why are Singaporeans not interested to buy Malaysian cars?

Quantum

Not just Sporean lah. Ask any Malaysian, if their first choice is Malaysia made car or others. Even their own ppl are not keen to buy. Only those bo pian and really need a cheap mode of transport will get Proton.

as attached,

really unbelievable 2013 whole year, proton only sold one unit in Singapore,

back to many years ago, my boss was proudly driving Proton waja :angry:

maybe Singaporean jealous our northern neighbour has own automobile industry, intentionly boycott thier product [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Not just Sporean lah. Ask any Malaysian, if their first choice is Malaysia made car or others. Even their own ppl are not keen to buy. Only those bo pian and really need a cheap mode of transport will get Proton.

Exactly. Many of my MY friends when first started out working (after graduated), they had to buy Proton or Perdoua. Now job is stable and higher income, all change to Japanese cars.

Exactly. Many of my MY friends when first started out working (after graduated), they had to buy Proton or Perdoua. Now job is stable and higher income, all change to Japanese cars.

yeah... only poor man drive proton [smallcry]

Never driven a proton before but sit in before in saga, waja and perdana before, i could say proton still has a lot of hwk to do.

Dunno about the new proton perdana.

But given at current high coe Kia K3 will be the best choice

Not jealous but look fool driving proton up north with sg plate, the malaysian see u bodoh cos u overpaid the car by 7x

agree your point, not jealous

Singaporens feel shame, lost face, look fool when driving malaysian made proton up north with sg plate, and overpaid 7x myr bought [laugh]

Supercharged

Not entirely true.

Does it mean those who stay in HDB flats, eat at hawker centres and take public transport are poor ?

Not jealous but look fool driving proton up north with sg plate, the malaysian see u bodoh cos u overpaid the car by 7x

It also means we are "richer" than them by 7x.... isn't it ? [laugh]

agree your point, not jealous

Singaporens feel shame, lost face, look fool when driving malaysian made proton up north with sg plate, and overpaid 7x myr bought [laugh]

Won't de....cos SIngaporeans will spend like Kings/Queens there due to the favorable exchange rate !!! Who would look at them and say they are fools and no face leh... [laugh]

I heard last time Dr M also went around in a Proton!!

Btw, do you still remember the stretched Proton Limo? I won't mind having one n register it as a classic plate!! Really CC .... CHEAP-COOL!!

Supercharged

Btw, do you still remember the stretched Proton Limo? I won't mind having one n register it as a classic plate!! Really CC .... CHEAP-COOL!!

Yes, I've seen a Proton stretched limo before, in JB.

But why you need a limo? You want to hold a party in it ?

Not entirely true.

Does it mean those who stay in HDB flats, eat at hawker centres and take public transport are poor ?

Won't de....cos SIngaporeans will spend like Kings/Queens there due to the favorable exchange rate !!! Who would look at them and say they are fools and no face leh... [laugh]

No not richer but 7x more fool than them aha

Not entirely true.

in Singapore cannot tell a people poor or rich by where to eat and what transport to take,

to tell the people poor or rich by where to stay, no matter how rich man never stay in HDB flats [:p][:p]

heard the only sold unit was bought by Sheng Siong supermarket as luck draw 1st prize [laugh]

LOL... LOL... LOL... LOL....

Actually Protons have their followers in the budget, no-frills segment of the car market there. Unfortunateit such cars can't survive in our WEIRD market, no thanks to COE n what-nots!!

Supercharged

shhhhhhh......don't say that ! Wait those who own Proton cars in MCF come and wack you .... :ph34r:[lipsrsealed]

Yes, I've seen a Proton stretched limo before, in JB.

But why you need a limo? You want to hold a party in it ?

Simple reason --- I want to hold a party for bunny girls just like Mr PlayBoy! But bo lui, so the Proton Limo is just nice! In fact I can't afford the real bunny girls, so will make do with Kancil girls. You coming to the party?

Supercharged

in Singapore cannot tell a people poor or rich by where to eat and what transport to take,

to tell the people poor or rich by where to stay, no matter how rich man never stay in HDB flats [:p][:p]

You be surprised there are very rich people who stay in HDB.

Simple reason --- I want to hold a party for bunny girls just like Mr PlayBoy! But bo lui, so the Proton Limo is just nice! In fact I can't afford the real bunny girls, so will make do with Kancil girls. You coming to the party?

Sure, I wouldn't miss it for the world !!! [kiss]

Edited by TVT

I wouldn't want to spend so much to buy a car that will be a car jacker magnet...

demand is too super high...

LOL !!! You mean there are people actually want to steal these cars??!! It's the same jail terms for car thefts, whatever the models, no?

Not entirely true.

don't talk about car, Singaporens always like Kings/Queens in front of Malaysian,

to talk about car singaporean no face in front of Malaysian, they pay a Singaporean altis price in malaysia, can enjoy BMW 5, seriously humiliate Singaporean :D

i also driving a malaysia made car since day 1.. not bad leh..

8 yrs already, body malaysia, engine renault

well, i believe marketing plays an important part..

with our car price and COE, if proton priced themselves half or much lower compared to others, i don't see why singaporeans are not biting it

Agreed

Sadly the COE system n low volume sales are not working in the interest of the brand. The Waja n R3 are quite decent handling cars.

↡ Advertisement