What did I do wrong when parking?

ins1dious

Quick background;

Have 4 kids - 3rd & 4th were twins so have a largish twin pram. Drive an Audi Q7 and the boot door needs a big space for it to swing open upwards. And also cos of the pram, I tend to park with nose in (at least when I can and definitely at home where I have more control). This way there's space to open the boot and load that big ass pram.

Stay in a condo where there's plenty of available parking. Most people have two cars and still there's no complaints on number of spaces available. So choices aplenty for everyone.

I'm attaching a rough layout of the parking under my block. I've marked out where I park the car 99% of the time (sometimes someone gets there before me in which case, I just find another spot). As mentioned above, I park nose 1st and within the lines marked out.

So this morning, I found a note stuck to my windscreen.

Note say that I should have the "courtesy" to move forward when parking if I should come early to give the guy coming behind a chance to park [dizzy]

I'm sorry, what the heck does he mean by having a courtesy to move forward. I get that he wants me to move to the bay in front of me so that way, he won't have to go around the lift bay and park his car. But how the heck does he know what my requirements are or why I do what I do?

If he had the decency to leave his number, I would have explained. But this anonymous bulls**t note saying I'm not courteous cos I'm inconveniencing him by going around the lift block is uncalled for.

Or am I wrong?

post-46412-0-67967700-1393466752_thumb.jpg

post-46412-0-77708600-1393466764_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Maybe u can take pic how u park with ur number blocked. From the way i see ur condo has small parking area

Yep, was thinking of that. Have to be done later tonight. The parking is a bit tight. And the Q7 isn't the smallest car around.

Worse than the width is the length. At 5m, it stick out even if I park the car with the nose in line with the front marking.

Oh this is only half of 1 block space. There's 6 other blocks. And plenty of place here as well which I didn't bother drawing. I'm not an architect ma... just a simple trader :D

Err, for me I don't need photo to say that there is nothing wrong with TS parking. I would just had made the round to lift bay and parked inside, unless the bugger is a super lousy driver who doesn't know how to park.

I would have ignored the note, instead I would have used the notice board near the lift bay (normally there is for condo), and placed a note:

THIS IS A PAID PARKING AREA, EVERYONE IS FREE TO PARK AT A LOT OF THEIR CONVENIENCE. IF NOT, PLEASE SHOW THAT THE LOT IS SPECIALLY RESERVED FOR AN INDIVIDUAL.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

[thumbsup]

• Praise 7

Typical of drivers. All want to park near near to the lift. haha...

Yalor. Gibe ppl a chance to park closer to the lift lor.

These ppl...tsk I mean at least sign off with a unit number. So kiasee.

• Praise 2

Yep, was thinking of that. Have to be done later tonight. The parking is a bit tight. And the Q7 isn't the smallest car around.

Worse than the width is the length. At 5m, it stick out even if I park the car with the nose in line with the front marking.

Oh this is only half of 1 block space. There's 6 other blocks. And plenty of place here as well which I didn't bother drawing. I'm not an architect ma... just a simple trader :D

I can only think that the car park lots at the beginning of the car park are more suitable for parking larger/longer cars than the area where you have parked?

This way, you do not take up space for the cars parking behind you, neither would you eat into the common road?

Trader is rich, that's why stay condo and drive Q7 [:p]

My experience with my XC90 is that at those car parks with small lots, I tend to find those lots near to walls on my left, parallel or single lots. I scared people bang my sides with their doors [laugh]

Edited by StefanK
  • Praise 2

I think he's just being lazy to drive round the block - how does he know whether or not there was a car there when you parked?

I'd ignore it if I were you. Also - I you pull through, and then another car parks close behind how are you supposed to load the stroller? Cannot push it between two cars right?

Some people staying in condo has a atas attitude.

If you park within the designated lot, that's more than enough, imo.

• Praise 2

Avoid this particular lot for time being and see for the next few weeks who is the consistent parker in this lot. The mystery of this ball-less parker will be solved. [:p]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

I think he's just being lazy to drive round the block - how does he know whether or not there was a car there when you parked?

I'd ignore it if I were you. Also - I you pull through, and then another car parks close behind how are you supposed to load the stroller? Cannot push it between two cars right?

Exactly! thats the reason I park where I do. Like you say, that fellow wants me to go forward as attached just cos he doesn't want to drive around the lift block. Aiyo... he pissed me off for inferring I wasn't courteous :(

post-46412-0-43589100-1393469116_thumb.jpg

Whats the meaning by front parking lot?

I think he meant "front parking" like how I've attached in Darryn's reply.

Honestly this was the 1st time I've encountered a "you're not being courteous" letter. So was a bit flustered.

I shall go back to being my usual dick "uncourteous" self and that fellow who left the note can suck on a thumb.

I think he meant "front parking" like how I've attached in Darryn's reply.

Honestly this was the 1st time I've encountered a "you're not being courteous" letter. So was a bit flustered.

I shall go back to being my usual dick "uncourteous" self and that fellow who left the note can suck on a thumb.

Ahhh i see nothing wrong with u unless u park two lot. Absolutely no wrong.

But if i were u i park the most out parking lot that only has one car beside to it cos i scared people open door hit my car

My friend "downgraded" from a private property to a former HUDC unit.

First thing he got is a complain from a committee member that his BMW bike is not parked properly, not to his liking.

But the BMW bike is simply too big to fit a "normal" bike lot.

I can only think that the car park lots at the beginning of the car park are more suitable for parking larger/longer cars than the area where you have parked?

This way, you do not take up space for the cars parking behind you, neither would you eat into the common road?

Trader is rich, that's why stay condo and drive Q7 [:p]

My experience with my XC90 is that at those car parks with small lots, I tend to find those lots near to walls on my left, parallel or single lots. I scared people bang my sides with their doors [laugh]

haha... yea. We have to be careful cos the lots are not that wide - at least the older ones are not so wide for these modern cars.

In my case, the lot to my immediate left is always empty as its exposed to the heavens :D So I park like you say, closer to that empty lot but still within the lines.

My friend "downgraded" from a private property to a former HUDC unit.

First thing he got is a complain from a committee member that his BMW bike is not parked properly, not to his liking.

But the BMW bike is simply too big to fit a "normal" bike lot.

haha. Yes, I've seen those. Straight out of the Dakar rally. My previous home had a neighbour with that and a Harley. So he used to use one car lot. But that was a smaller condo development so almost everyone knew everyone else so we didn't mind.

This new place.... aiyo.....

Edited by ins1dious

generally speaking, you are not wrong,

I think the guy unhappy for your nose in parking [:p]

as per SIngapore parking culture, seldom nose in parking unless particular reason like your,

normally I avoid to park nearby those nose in parking vehicles, because if the driver is not experience enough or in limited space, when nose in parking vehicle reverse out easy to scratch next car or hit behind car .

especially your Q7 size so big, [laugh] ,

diesel or petrol?

Edited by Quantum

Err, for me I don't need photo to say that there is nothing wrong with TS parking. I would just had made the round to lift bay and parked inside, unless the bugger is a super lousy driver who doesn't know how to park.

I would have ignored the note, instead I would have used the notice board near the lift bay (normally there is for condo), and placed a note:

THIS IS A PAID PARKING AREA, EVERYONE IS FREE TO PARK AT A LOT OF THEIR CONVENIENCE. IF NOT, PLEASE SHOW THAT THE LOT IS SPECIALLY RESERVED FOR AN INDIVIDUAL.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

[thumbsup]

Also add a footnote:

"If you have the guts to write the note, at least have the guts to leave your number so I can call you to resolve this misunderstanding"

↡ Advertisement