What did I do wrong when parking?

ins1dious

If drivers that incompetent they need to go and relearn...

this is like PSLE maths questions, with many unknown variables.

My guess is that the road is quite narrow, so when you park the lots on this side, you stick out more than usual

so it kills 1-2 lots on the opposite side

if you park the front lots, it is bigger area - so no opposite lots affected if you stick out

see diagram

attachicon.gifparking.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I saw you did nothing wrong. Did that "A-H" pasted similar note on every other vehicles that parked in front?

Tell him/her that he/she has the option to come back early to park at the front....

I would say ignore this kind of alien....

Move on. This kind of kum lan note, why waste the time and effort to even bother.

It is not like you have parked out of the lot and prevented other drivers from parking at adjacent lot. If it is not creating inconvenience, first come first serve.

Some times, when one has too much money, they lost their intelligence.

lol.....and if need be, at the end, i will undertake to also remove the remains should disaster occur

don't solicit business here leh! leepork you! [:p]

Aside from that, although the note left is off putting to most, like mong tin tin tio shoot arrow like that... no need so violent lah...

got space then park loh... no space also boh bian right...

For me, I will just nicely paste the photo on the notice board for everyone to see as public service announcement.

Just some boh liao people having fun on TS i think.

My hdb carpark also got one old uncle park his big truck when dinner and lunch time, also nobody want complaint him because we know he just go home for shower, pray and having meal with family, even he take two lot to parking.

Life is hard and people also work hard for family. Just giving tolerance and smile , all will settle.

• Praise 1

let's have a meetup at TS place...muahhaha..we take turns to stalk this 'femaleparent screwer'

haha. you lot are welcome... but cannot stalk no more. Got rules now for harassment :D

haha. you lot are welcome... but cannot stalk no more. Got rules now for harassment :D

no lah, we advertising 'proper english courses' since we see he needs help in his sentence construction.

in short, we doing him/her/it a service :D:D:D

The rules are based on a person to person situation right?

Here is a lot of people take turns go stalk... most likely charge half of MCF up lorry. RadX will be the indian chief. [:p]

TS, suggest you reprint that message and put a sign next to it at the LIFT LOBBY

'PLEASE come to Mycarforum.com'

Let the 'expletives deleted' learn how to drive from us here and what a/an 'expletives removed' he is.

If need be, a few of us can sponsor refresher courses for him

have to add....FULL CASH paid for too. [grin][grin][grin]

I don't find anything wrong with your parking. Maybe u have taken someone's favourite lot.

Try parking another lot and see if this lot is constantly taken up by the same car. If yes, high chance that this slip is from that fellow.

Quick background;

Have 4 kids - 3rd & 4th were twins so have a largish twin pram. Drive an Audi Q7 and the boot door needs a big space for it to swing open upwards. And also cos of the pram, I tend to park with nose in (at least when I can and definitely at home where I have more control). This way there's space to open the boot and load that big ass pram.

Stay in a condo where there's plenty of available parking. Most people have two cars and still there's no complaints on number of spaces available. So choices aplenty for everyone.

I'm attaching a rough layout of the parking under my block. I've marked out where I park the car 99% of the time (sometimes someone gets there before me in which case, I just find another spot). As mentioned above, I park nose 1st and within the lines marked out.

So this morning, I found a note stuck to my windscreen.

Note say that I should have the "courtesy" to move forward when parking if I should come early to give the guy coming behind a chance to park [dizzy]

I'm sorry, what the heck does he mean by having a courtesy to move forward. I get that he wants me to move to the bay in front of me so that way, he won't have to go around the lift bay and park his car. But how the heck does he know what my requirements are or why I do what I do?

If he had the decency to leave his number, I would have explained. But this anonymous bulls**t note saying I'm not courteous cos I'm inconveniencing him by going around the lift block is uncalled for.

Or am I wrong?

TS, suggest you reprint that message and put a sign next to it at the LIFT LOBBY

'PLEASE come to Mycarforum.com'

Let the 'expletives deleted' learn how to drive from us here and what a/an 'expletives removed' he is.

If need be, a few of us can sponsor refresher courses for him

have to add....FULL CASH paid for too. [grin][grin][grin]

And please insert a photo with your finger pointing to the headline and show off your kim kim rolex.

haha... yea. We have to be careful cos the lots are not that wide - at least the older ones are not so wide for these modern cars.

In my case, the lot to my immediate left is always empty as its exposed to the heavens :D So I park like you say, closer to that empty lot but still within the lines.

Not sure how the place actually looks like, but would it be difficult to park or to open the car doors in the mentioned lot, given that you have parked closer to it?

Err, for me I don't need photo to say that there is nothing wrong with TS parking. I would just had made the round to lift bay and parked inside, unless the bugger is a super lousy driver who doesn't know how to park.

I would have ignored the note, instead I would have used the notice board near the lift bay (normally there is for condo), and placed a note:

THIS IS A PAID PARKING AREA, EVERYONE IS FREE TO PARK AT A LOT OF THEIR CONVENIENCE. IF NOT, PLEASE SHOW THAT THE LOT IS SPECIALLY RESERVED FOR AN INDIVIDUAL.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

[thumbsup]

Agree with the statement. TS, nothing wrong with your parking.

Just park elsewhere where there are less cars around. No point aggravating it further.

Yeah, bugger may start scratching TS's car. <_<

TS, anybody driving a hearse staying at the condo? Maybe he comes back late at night and finds it hard to park? -_-

Yeah, bugger may start scratching TS's car. <_<

TS, anybody driving a hearse staying at the condo? Maybe he comes back late at night and finds it hard to park? -_-

If anyone park a hearse at the condo, i'm sure the neighboring lots (left and right) will be empty. [laugh]

generally speaking, you are not wrong,

I think the guy unhappy for your nose in parking [:p]

as per SIngapore parking culture, seldom nose in parking unless particular reason like your,

normally I avoid to park nearby those nose in parking vehicles, because if the driver is not experience enough or in limited space, when nose in parking vehicle reverse out easy to scratch next car or hit behind car .

especially your Q7 size so big, [laugh] ,

diesel or petrol?

I also avoid parking beside a car thats nose in for the same reasons.

Also, in instances that I do, when coming out, depending on direction of traffic I have problem looking out for oncoming vehicles as the view more obstructed. So have to inch out slowly.

Its definitely not wrong per se, just that locally, most dont park head in.

Just like in some countries, they usually dun use foot brake once the vehicles comes to complete stop at junction. Instead, they engage handbrake & release pedal. Reason, footbrake will "shine" light into the driver behind. Hence, its deemed as good etiquette to use handbrake at junction stops.

Edited by Baal

I too agree that I'll avoid cars that do head in parking but there are some lots which really have no choice but to do that...

I agree with the thread starter as usually I'll put heavy loads in the boot and I will head in so it will be easier for me take them out. But I'll try my best to move as forward as possible so the cars moving around will not accidentally kiss the rear.

I too was *tsk* at before when I go out of my car which I headed in and heard the comment that I have no kill to do reverse parking... I really wanted to tell that guy off saying do he want to help me carry that box out of the boot if I do reverse parking...