What did I do wrong when parking?

ins1dious

Turbocharged

You drive a Hyundai (I think) and honk impatiently in car parks.

I drive a BMW M5 and have never once honked in a car park other than to avoid a collision.

And it's the BMW drivers who are widely considered jerks.

Life is so unfair sometimes. :D

An Altis is parked in a disabled lot and Stomped.

A BMW or Merc is parked in a disabled lot and also Stomped .

The reactions and outcry from netizens will be worlds apart.

Thats life . [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Yup. I do drive a hyundai most of the time. But I also share a BMW and Honda with my parents. TS ask about carparks where if one car is waiting the rest cannot move. Normally I don't honk. Only when in a rush. And I only tap like once or twice. Not like those ppl who hold down their horn for a few seconds.

Anyway I do notice some difference when I drive the BMW as compared to the Hyundai or Honda. When I highbeam hoggers on lane 1 in the BMW, the reactions tend to be more extreme. Lol. 

drive hyundai and bmw in lane 1 got difference

i ever rented trajet for 2 weeks. driving on lane 1, hogger nvr move. most of the time stuck in lane 1

then drive bmw, maybe its LED light or what, hogger tend to give way easier. maybe they thought its TBF4 behind haha

Twincharged

drive hyundai and bmw in lane 1 got difference

i ever rented trajet for 2 weeks. driving on lane 1, hogger nvr move. most of the time stuck in lane 1

then drive bmw, maybe its LED light or what, hogger tend to give way easier. maybe they thought its TBF4 behind haha

People still don't auto give way when I drive the BMW leh. Maybe mine too small. 335i only. Highbeam and they start to do all the funny stuff. In the Hyundai, I highbeam, they'll just speed up or move left.

People still don't auto give way when I drive the BMW leh. Maybe mine too small. 335i only. Highbeam and they start to do all the funny stuff. In the Hyundai, I highbeam, they'll just speed up or move left.

Drivin a car with led might help a little to chase hogger lol

• Praise 1

This sounds vaguely obscene.

Lol...didn't realize...must be u guys think too much...kekekekeeeeee [:p][laugh]

get a room u two... :XD:

Kekeke...doggie is not gay gay...dun let ur imagination run wild [:p]:XD:

• Praise 1

335i quite quick what. I see them chiong here and there.

I had an M135i and while a 335i is not as quick as that, I know how an N54/55 engine performs with forced induction.

Anyway, in my M5 I usually very relak in sg (only speed demon in bolehland). But in my Honda Odyssey I'm very impatient. I drive faster in that than in my M5 lol. :D

Actually makes sense if you think about it. In my Odyssey, I floor it and I can overtake quite neatly and still be within 20km/h of limit. In the M5, half throttle applied for 3 seconds takes me from 70 to 130 and then to court. :D

Hijacking this thread as i have a question bugging me on multi-storey car park courtesy

The car park is pretty narrow, only one car can move (one way traffic)

The car park is always packed

So if there's a lot where the driver is moving off soon and there's a driver following behind you, can you on your hazard lights, wait for the lot to be vacated n park your car but this will inconvenience the driver behind waiting

I think this is okay and I will not honk.

What I find irritating is that on a one way MSCP with enough space for 2 cars to dive side by side, some drivers will purposely drive in the centre while inching slowly scanning for carpark.

Had this experience once with a car in front of me at MSCP on the left side inching scanning for vacant carpark. There was obviously vacating any lot and when I wanted to overtake right to get to next level, the bugger purposely moved his car to the middle blocking me and continued his slow inching.

This bugger got treated to my horn symphony.

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

I had an M135i and while a 335i is not as quick as that, I know how an N54/55 engine performs with forced induction.

Anyway, in my M5 I usually very relak in sg (only speed demon in bolehland). But in my Honda Odyssey I'm very impatient. I drive faster in that than in my M5 lol. :D

Actually makes sense if you think about it. In my Odyssey, I floor it and I can overtake quite neatly and still be within 20km/h of limit. In the M5, half throttle applied for 3 seconds takes me from 70 to 130 and then to court. :D

Speaking from experience? [laugh]  :XD:

• Praise 1

Speaking from experience? [laugh]:XD:

Lol. The first part yes, but luckily not the second (at least not in this car, touch wood).

Which is why I simply don't want to try it too often here. Ironically, slower cars are more practical here.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Yup. The 335i is fast. Especially when compared to my Verna or Stream. But what I mean is when i highbeam hoggers on lane 1 in the BMW, they don't give way and then try to stop me from overtaking from the left. But in my honda/hyundai, I don't encounter that as much.

Lol. The first part yes, but luckily not the second (at least not in this car, touch wood).

Which is why I simply don't want to try it too often here. Ironically, slower cars are more practical here.

Yeah. Slower cars do seem more practical and fun in Singapore. I prefer driving my Verna cuz I can floor the accelerator and still stay within the speed limits. When driving a more powerful car, I got to be light footed unless I want to lose my license. Cannot floor and change at the redline.

That is why I keep telling myself not to buy any powerful car knowing i can't control my right leg.. With my underpowered latio already I risk 1 strike license gantung kind of speed occasionally, I'm quite sure with powerful car,very unlikely ii can survive past one year....hehehe... Slow car is good in SG....lol

• Praise 1

It's the "ego" thing I suppose.

Nobody bothers when I drove my Suzuki SUV, cruising at 120 on the first lane. 

But when I was in my other car and overtook a Lancer because that twit filtered in and hog the entire lane 1 at 80km/h, the idiot filtered all the way to the 4th lane on PIE, zig zag all the way and finally ended up in front of me again...hahahahah

Edited by Chickenfarm
  • Praise 1

Dislike! Dislike! I just changed to the Odyssey and you not-so-subtly implied that it's slow. :TT_TT:

Then again, it's true. The heavy elephant accelerates quite slowly, made worse by the CVT. I accelerate faster in my old Lancer despite it having a smaller engine.

14/12/15 at 12pm. ICA carpark. SFF510S - Road bully with pictures of driver attached. If you are driving a Mercedes, at this age, I believe you have certain reputation in SG. However, here you are bullying someone who was waiting for a lot further down on the right side, with signals on - MIND YOU, I EVEN WAITED FOR THE DRIVER TO DRVE OUT THE LOT & DROVE FORWARD SO THAT I CAN REVERSE BACK INTO THE LOT. While you were behind me, letting your passenger (must be your wife in cream coloured dress while taking things from the boot - I SAW IT CLEARLY YOU WERE AT THE EXTREME LEFT DROPPING HER OFF NEAR THE ENTRANCE OF GANTRY!) alighting from your car. From the position you parked your car, it shows that my car boot was blocking, thus you were rushing to go HEAD IN to park your "EXPENSIVE" car - even your front wheels are not aligned. Still have the cheek to come down to tell me you have no wrong, challenging me to bang your car and following my car to take photos. Come on, if you have evidence that you have no fault while snatching my lot, welcome you to post it too, I have no reputation needed. You can take my photos or my car photos for all you want, it's pretty easy to spot too

post-167101-0-50749700-1450092409_thumb.jpg

post-167101-0-23321000-1450092416_thumb.jpg

post-167101-0-50934400-1450092426_thumb.jpg

post-167101-0-76636700-1450092433_thumb.jpg

post-167101-0-77977400-1450092441_thumb.jpg

post-167101-0-11465100-1450092447_thumb.jpg