Would You Send Your Car To JB For Servicing and Repairing?

Yeobt

Hi,

Everyone knows that we could have huge saving on regular car servicing and or maintenance job in JB, but i know not many drivers are taking the risk.
So what is your concern?

1. not familiar with the route to the workshop?
2. not familiar with the local charges for the repair job?
3. not familiar with the mechanic in the workshop there?
4. not sure if the replacement parts used is original?
5. and many many concerns...

would you opt for sending your car to JB for repairs if you found a
trustworthy workshop that could answer your concerns?

↡ Advertisement

I would service it at the appointed dealer of the brand of car i am driving only as they have the technical know how and original parts. Not at small service/repair shops.

Supercharged

Not familiar then ask someone (who is familiar) to recommend, or bring you there. Of course this "someone" must be trustworthy also lah. [:/]

Yes

Will be a bit reluctant because if any problem, must go all the way there again. If the price difference isn't substantial, I rather do it locally. Any problem, just go back to the WS, and any problem with the WS, go to CASE.

If you search thoroughly in this forum, there are many recommendations of good WS with reasonably priced car servicing package.

Will be a bit reluctant because if any problem, must go all the way there again. If the price difference isn't substantial, I rather do it locally. Any problem, just go back to the WS, and any problem with the WS, go to CASE.

If you search thoroughly in this forum, there are many recommendations of good WS with reasonably priced car servicing package.

for major repair, the saving could be quite significant. maybe hundreds to thousands.

for major repair, the saving could be quite significant. maybe hundreds to thousands.

Some things cant be taught in here...

even if we tell u many wonderful stories, u still need to go there and experience it yourself...

remember one man meat can be another man poison...

if u are not sure i will advise u to go in for normal servicing...

once a while fix one small problem and assess if it meets your expectation vs $$ spent

from there, if no good then switch to another WS and start all over again...

many of us took this path before...

btw, if too many concerns better resolves your car problem in SG..

rather spend more $$ than to save few hundreds or thousand to find more worries...

• Praise 2

I always go Hawk Tyre at Sutera Mall for servicing

I go to Hawk Tayar at Southern City for tyres and servicings. And recently top-up aircon gas.

My advise is don't take anything for granted. Go JB for repairs or changing parts is no problem, just stand around and see what they do to your car. Ask for the price then decide whether want to carry on. My car is serviced in JB and I always stand around and see what they do. So far so good. Savings is quite a lot as compared to WS in Singapore. Of course the downside is you need to be there whole day sometimes to wait for your ride. Anyway, our mechanics also come from JB so I find no difference in skill.

• Praise 1

I go to Hawk Tayar at Southern City for tyres and servicings. And recently top-up aircon gas.

Bro wat is the rate of the Aircon top up over there...

Like to check market rate 1st.. Thanks in advance

Bro wat is the rate of the Aircon top up over there...

Like to check market rate 1st.. Thanks in advance

The aircon gas top-up is RM60.

* do take note that the mechanic advised that the reason for top-up is because there is some leaks in the aircon. So they would not be able to say how long this top-up can last.

* the top-up was done on 18Feb2014, and so far the aircon is ok. Hope it can last for another 10-11 months.

Background info :

Recently my car aircon was suddenly not cooling after a long drive. I remembered the same problem was resolved after top-up aircon gas in Mar2013. At that time, a mechanic had advised that the evaporator coil may be leaking, and need to remove the dashboard to replace the evaporator coil. Estimated costs S$800~S$900. He offered to top-up gas and monitor.

Since the top-up gas can last from Mar2013 to Feb2014, the leaks may not be very critical. I am prepared to top-up gas instead of major repair [remove dashboard [bigcry] ].

* Amazon USA is selling those DIY aircon recharge kits, but these are prohibited from air transportation. Otherwise, can DIY top-up aircon gas.

Edited by Opel17

The aircon gas top-up is RM60.

* do take note that the mechanic advised that the reason for top-up is because there is some leaks in the aircon. So they would not be able to say how long this top-up can last.

* the top-up was done on 18Feb2014, and so far the aircon is ok. Hope it can last for another 10-11 months.

Background info :

Recently my car aircon was suddenly not cooling after a long drive. I remembered the same problem was resolved after top-up aircon gas in Mar2013. At that time, a mechanic had advised that the evaporator coil may be leaking, and need to remove the dashboard to replace the evaporator coil. Estimated costs S$800~S$900. He offered to top-up gas and monitor.

Since the top-up gas can last from Mar2013 to Feb2014, the leaks may not be very critical. I am prepared to top-up gas instead of major repair [remove dashboard [bigcry] ].

* Amazon USA is selling those DIY aircon recharge kits, but these are prohibited from air transportation. Otherwise, can DIY top-up aircon gas.

Thanks for the info bro!

Maybe the weather start to get very hot nowadays, my air con also feel weak, that y wanted to top up gas to c how 1st...lol

Thanks again

My advise is don't take anything for granted. Go JB for repairs or changing parts is no problem, just stand around and see what they do to your car. Ask for the price then decide whether want to carry on. My car is serviced in JB and I always stand around and see what they do. So far so good. Savings is quite a lot as compared to WS in Singapore. Of course the downside is you need to be there whole day sometimes to wait for your ride. Anyway, our mechanics also come from JB so I find no difference in skill.

agree your point, "stand around and see what they do to your car" is very important, in SG AD doesn't allow you enter their workshop,

another concern is our mechanics normally are too young, and their experience boss always very busy, seldom appears during service, if you ask some question, mechanics cannot answer or answer wrongly,

I believe JB maybe different

Supercharged

RM60 for aircon gas topup is not cheap.

Singapore $20 only. 20 x 2.6 = RM52.

Exactly.

A few months back I change a headlight bulb in JB. It is just a normal halogen bulb. It cost me RM48 !!! The same bulb in a normal WS in SG cost only SGD18. If the exchange rate is 2.60, then its almost the same price. But if exchange rate falls, it becomes more expensive.

agree your point, "stand around and see what they do to your car" is very important, in SG AD doesn't allow you enter their workshop,

Some AD in JB, they also don't allow you to enter their WS....

Hi,

Everyone knows that we could have huge saving on regular car servicing and or maintenance job in JB, but i know not many drivers are taking the risk.

So what is your concern?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Nope. Just the 4 abover

And yes, if there is 1 trustworthy workshop in JB, I will not mind sending over. Even in SG, I stick to my regular workshop even though they may not be cheapest all the time. But the trust is there, when they say change something, it's definitely required, and not just because they wanted to earn extra. So trust is very important.

↡ Advertisement