8 Ridiculous Myths About Eating Meat

tanbk

haha ok lah.

i get to watch animals being tortured for their meat, wool, skin, fur etc by us sadist humans. Young cute chicks being transported on a conveyor belt to being chicken parts. 

What's there not to like?

You are in the wrong line.

You should have been a surgeon

or if cannot maybe butcher?  [thumbsup]

:D

↡ Advertisement

You are in the wrong line.

You should have been a surgeon

or if cannot maybe butcher?  [thumbsup]

unfortunately i don't have a God complex.

Butcher ... maybe more my thing  [:p]

unfortunately i don't have a God complex.

Butcher ... maybe more my thing  [:p]

in principle, our doc is a licensed butcher.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

KNN, read read and read, some days I read eat vege, some days I read eat meat. I think give up liao.

Tomorrow start, I drink water only, what do you call a person who live on water only ah?  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)

All these have a lot of backers/lobbyists behind one.

Some days, vegetarian wins.

Some days, carnivour wins.

Some days, coffee drinkers are smarter.

Some days, coffee drinkers have chronic health issues.

But, doctors/scientists/researchers always win 'cos today same doctor conducts the study with vegetables, next day the same doctor conducts the study with animals. Either way, the doctor is paid.

Almost everyone will visit a doctor once in their life time.

Almost every parents want their child to be doctors even almost all will freak out at the sight of a drop of blood.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

I'm abit surprised that our normally careful AVA has not stop the import of meat from Brazil as some countries including China has already banned the import of meat from Brazil due to the rotten meat scandal.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/export-bans-hit-brazil-s-meat-industry-after-scandal/3611384.html

AVA says the affected processing plants are not approved to export to Singapore so should be safe or are they?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/brazil-meat-scandal-affected-processing-plants-not-approved-to/3609942.html

• Praise 12

Twincharged

30-Year Vegetarian Diet Leaves Woman with Spinal Neuron Damage

A 50-year-old woman in Wuhan, China, was recently diagnosed with severe spinal neuron damage caused by a lack of vitamin B12. The woman had been on a strict vegetarian diet for over thirty years, and did not take any B12 supplements.

The woman, surnamed Chen, reportedly turned to a vegetarian diet in her 20s, in order to lose weight, and after seeing some truly amazing results, decided to stick with it for the rest of her life. Standing at 160-cm-tall, Chen told doctors that she used to weigh 55 kg when she was young, but managed to drop to 45 kg after becoming a vegetarian, a weight that she was proud of having maintained for over three decades. However, she never imagined that her seemingly healthy diet would put her at risk of becoming paralyzed

“Recently, I feel like my feet are uneven while walking, it feels like I’m stepping on some cotton. Plus, both my legs and hands often feel numb,” the 50-year-old woman told doctors at a hospital in Wuhan, China’s Hubei province.

Advanced tests showed that her her spinal neurons were damaged, a condition usually observed in diabetic or malnourished patients, and further investigations revealed that Chen was suffering from severe vitamin B12 deficiency. Oriental Daily reports that the woman’s B12 level was only 10 percent that of an average person, and since this vitamin plays a key role in the normal functioning of the nervous system, this deficiency was responsible for the neurological symptoms she had been exhibiting

Vitamin B12 is found only in animal foods, which the woman had been staying away from for thirty years, fortified foods and supplements, which she hadn’t been taking. Doctors told her that if she didn’t seek help soon, the extensive neuron damage in her spine could have left her unable to walk.

While Chen’s doctors acknowledged that switching to a vegetarian diet did help her lose weight, in the long-run it was responsible for her vitamin B12 deficiency. They recommend people with similar diets try a Mediterranean-style diet instead, which included B12-rich fish, olive oil and other good fats, or at least consume B12-fortified foods and/or supplements.

• Praise 3

B12 defiency also increase risk of heart related diseases.

Vege diet also has high omega 6: 3, ratio. Another heart related risk. It hinders the benefit of omega 3, which vegan don't enough too.

Balance meal is safer. Eat both meat and vege.

• Praise 1

eh help la. 

just have a balanced diet of both meat and veg and not just be a cannibal. 

how long you have left to hop around. just eat only.

Turbocharged

The link between red meat and cancer is not new. A WHO working group in 2015 looked at more than 800 studies of the link between red meat and cancer and declared red meat as “probably carcinogenic to humans” (there being not enough evidence) and processed meat as “carcinogenic to humans”. WHO concluded that each 50g portion of processed meat a day increased the chance of bowel cancer by 18%. They also linked it to pancreatic and stomach cancer. The Department of Health suggests we eat a maximum of 70g of meat a day (a cooked breakfast with two sausages and two slices of bacon is around 130g). This latest study, like others, shows that substituting white for red meat reduced the risk of dying from most causes.

Twincharged

I am convinced. I will stop eating vegetables.  [thumbsup]

so how's is your not-so-new diet coming along ?

• Praise 1

(edited)

so how's is your not-so-new diet coming along ?

Give you a no BS answer.

No B and no S these days.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement