TP on roadside catching speeding offenders

Cumzilla

Turbocharged

Cos they don't want to cause a panic to speeding cars....scare they suddenly brake when see a TP!!

Ya, when drivers panic and get into accidents, TPs will have more work under the hot sun, eg traffic control until tow truck n ambulance arrive, they prefer hiding under the shades, they are humans also.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

today spotted cop on top overhead bridge at telok blangah road beside labrador park MRT station, facing pasir panjang. time around 530pm.

If ever all people in singapore were to give up driving and switch to cycling like china, wonder how the government will survive....

If ever all people in singapore were to give up driving and switch to cycling like china, wonder how the government will survive....

Must well you say ALL car dealers bided COE at $5000.00,then COE sure come down.! [laugh]:D[:p]

Now China major cities very little people ride bicycle...

Last sun early morning around 2AM saw 2 TPs parked at a dark corner on the road up the bartley road bridge towards Tampines. One holding cam, one doing something with his bike. Think most probably kana liao.

Becareful when driving through that road.

TP not in action ppl KPKB they not doing their jobs,now they on the balls ppl KPKB they want to suck $$$.

Hard to please everyone lah bro...

• Praise 1

1st Gear

Well, my policy is to stick to the speed limit. Where I think the limit is a bit low, I keep it to Limit +5km/h which is safe because I have calibrated my speedometer and I am still within the limit.

I have decided there is no point speeding and being impatient. Patience is a virtue that I have developed over the years.

I think the speed limits on some HDB roads is actually too high. Whenever there is a risk of pedestrians straying into my path, I drive defensively and do 40km/h (quite common in western countries) because the chance of stopping is much increased. Because, if someone jaywalks without looking and I kill that person. then even if I have done nothing wrong, the offence will be "failing to keep a proper lookout" which means losing license etc etc. So I don't play with fire.

The other plus factor doing what I do is that I get 15km/l on my Subaru Legacy... most people get 9 or 10. I used to get 19 km/l on my G9 2000 Corolla 1.6A and 20km/l on my 1995 Nissan Sunny 1.5. Based on 2000km/month, I reckon my petrol expenses are $2000 less than the average motorist driving a similar car.

I never worry about cops. I don't care if others break the law - I try my best to keep it.

I take 5 or 10 minutes longer to reach my destination - which is fine by me.

Just now at KPE Buangkok exit saw TP with speed gun aiming me and the car in front. Was driving just below 80km/h. They just checked the speed only, right? Will kena anything or not? They did not chase anyone leh

Wish the TP would do something about those drivers with young kids not in car seats. It has been the law for a while now but yet I see so many young infants/toddlers/kids being held in arms, jumping around the seat, even lying down across the back seat. What are the parents thinking? Can afford a car and all the associated costs that go along with keeping it on the road, but can't afford a child seat. Just plain irresponsible and stupid.

• Dislike 1

(edited)

Wish the TP would do something about those drivers with young kids not in car seats. It has been the law for a while now but yet I see so many young infants/toddlers/kids being held in arms, jumping around the seat, even lying down across the back seat. What are the parents thinking? Can afford a car and all the associated costs that go along with keeping it on the road, but can't afford a child seat. Just plain irresponsible and stupid.

Sometimes, we as parents do have our difficulties. I dunoe if it's a fair statement, But we just wanna get from Point A to Point B asap, esp when my little kids yelling in thier car seat. So no choice, sometimes my wife gotta release them, in order for me to concentrate on road..

And we are not stupid, when we can earn enough $$ to support a car to benefit our families.

Edited by Optramagnum
  • Dislike 1

Sometimes, we as parents do have our difficulties. I dunoe if it's a fair statement, But we just wanna get from Point A to Point B asap, esp when my little kids yelling in thier car seat. So no choice, sometimes my wife gotta release them, in order for me to concentrate on road..

I have 2 kids, 3yo and an infant. Well aware of the tantrums and having both going at once is rather frustrating. But they are so vulnerable in the event of an accident. The car seats are designed for this purpose, much like we ensure there are airbags when we buy a car and put our seat belt on when we drive.

Frankly speaking this is rubbish.

Just because they kick a fuss u release them. So does that mean if in near future they kick a fuss and say I don't wan to study u also allow them?

Releasing to not distract u driving? Des that mean radio also distract you?

This are all excuses. They as kids we as parents who have the over all say?

Just go slow and jam your brakes let them hit some soft part of the car see if they dare not sit child seat.

Kids are kids. Once bitten twice shy, when they know what going to happen if they not going to follow the rules they won't dare to go against.

• Praise 1

Just now at KPE Buangkok exit saw TP with speed gun aiming me and the car in front. Was driving just below 80km/h. They just checked the speed only, right? Will kena anything or not? They did not chase anyone leh

U never speed so nothing to worry ma.

I just got "shoot" by gun a couple of weeks ago along KJE exceeding by 30kmh.

Now under appeal.

↡ Advertisement