Charged over accident insurance scam

Jman888

(edited)
Nine charged over insurance scam involving accident
They claimed more than $83,000 by allegedly staging a crash
Published on Mar 06, 2014
By Joyce Lim
Nine men were charged with cheating yesterday over an alleged staged road accident, which saw them claim more than $83,000 in insurance.
The group is said to have conspired to fraudulently tell insurers that a Rentokil van had been involved in a crash with three cars along Sembawang Drive in July 2009, before claiming for injuries and damage to their vehicles.
The day after the accident, the van's driver, Rudyanto Sarmani, 32, reported it to his employer, Rentokil Initial Singapore, which paid out $1,563 to cover repairs to the Toyota van in January 2010. He faces one charge of cheating.
The Straits Times understands that the three cars involved were a Proton Gen 2, a Hyundai Matrix and a Honda Fit.

see their photo here :D

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/nine-charged-over-insurance-scam-involving-accident-20140306

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

now still compensate so much?

i only got 20k as compensate for a major accident..

i seriously believe its my lawyer, didn't fight for my rights

Supercharged

So it's not inflating the claim. The accident did not even take place. Sibey hiong

That is plain stupid. what makes them think they will not be found out?!?

Initial pay out (damages to van) @ $1k.

Other pay out to the involving cars @ $10k?

PI claims & legal claims @ $72k?

Don't need a fool to know its a scam.

Eh....... not to be racist, but insurance company will sure suspect isn't it if all are from same ethic group?

No lah. It could be their reports that they have submitted have some inconsistency. Somewhat different from other chain collision claims that the insurance company has seen.

• Dislike 1

No lah. It could be their reports that they have submitted have some inconsistency. Somewhat different from other chain collision claims that the insurance company has seen.

Oh, okok, apologies to all [lipsrsealed]

these kind of people are those that keep making my insurance rise although I did not claim ......zzzzzz jail them gao gao lak

Y not see it in another angle, all business cost had increased over the years especially in rental & labour.

Y not see it in another angle, all business cost had increased over the years especially in rental & labour.

agreed , lots of small business are complaining that its hard to survive now due to those high rising cost.

had hawkers who told me after deducting all the overheads then are making about $1700-1800 per month, and most of

them are young and had the ability to make more than this amount outside working for others..

soon all will be a dying trade....

Supercharged
(edited)

agreed , lots of small business are complaining that its hard to survive now due to those high rising cost.

had hawkers who told me after deducting all the overheads then are making about $1700-1800 per month, and most of

them are young and had the ability to make more than this amount outside working for others..

soon all will be a dying trade....

no wonder nowadays no one want to go learn how to fry nice nice fried kway teow...

btw, why their faces all round round one!!

Edited by Knoobie

Eh....... not to be racist, but insurance company will sure suspect isn't it if all are from same ethic group?

So, what you're saying is that their mistake was in not being multi-racial enough in their scam attempt? [laugh]

So, what you're saying is that their mistake was in not being multi-racial enough in their scam attempt? [laugh]

Errrrr, dun wan to comment liao, later kena bomb coz of this [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

I thought only GRC need multi racial representation?

Actually this is a very good point. What are the odds on this and what are the odds they all know each other?

I would think the first thing they did is try to find out if all these people knew each other.

Insurance investigators are very smart people.

:D

I thought only GRC need multi racial representation?

But think of what a great scam that is. Can secure 93% with only 60%. [rolleyes]

Wonderful model for all budding scamsters. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement