Will Suzuki survive in Singapore?

Naresh

I have been eyeing the new Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6 (CVT), by am wondering if they will survive in Singapore.

Anyone have any insights?

LTA's new registration of cars by make (2014) shows that they sold only 1 car in the month of January, and now they are having a weekend clearance sale! And I don't see new models in their pipeline that could keep them going.

Naresh.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I have been eyeing the new Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6 (CVT), by am wondering if they will survive in Singapore.

LTA's new registration of cars by make (2014) shows that they sold only 1 car in the month of January, and now they are having a weekend clearance sale! And I don't see new models in their pipeline that could keep them going.

Naresh.

Buy the car first then don't have to worry about whether they survive or not lor.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Naresh.

Good wat. More exclusive on the road n better aftersales attention.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Suzuki will survive. Champion Motors (and Borneo Motors) are under Inchape Group.

You should ask if Sin Tien Seng will survive in selling just 1 model - Daihatsu Terios.

Suzuki ownership has its privileges - You can give just a day's notice to service your car, unlike the 1 month notice required for VW : )

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

Suzuki will survive. Champion Motors (and Borneo Motors) are under Inchape Group.

You should ask if Sin Tien Seng will survive in selling just 1 model - Daihatsu Terios.

Suzuki ownership has its privileges - You can give just a day's notice to service your car, unlike the 1 month notice required for VW : )

Hmmm.... you do have a point, and I love their after sales service (I drive the earlier Suzuki Swift 1.5AT).

Supersonic

No need to bother if they survive or not. Just buy and enjoy your car. You can jolly go to any workshop outside to service your car.

Nah! All Japs, korean makes will disappear from singapore roads……..

Only Germans, Royces, Italian makes rule the road. Life is not fair, is it??????? Taking about fairer society, Huh????

Turbocharged

Nah! All Japs, korean makes will disappear from singapore roads……..

Only Germans, Royces, Italian makes rule the road. Life is not fair, is it??????? Taking about fairer society, Huh????

Not fair meh, we can choose to eat hawker or foodcourt food?!! [grin]

The Suzukis, like Subaru, entry Nissans, Hondas and Toyotas will all be reduced in numbers.

They are no longer fun to drive any more - not to say that they were in the first place - for the entry models.

Why? They are all 'standardizing' to electric-steering / CVT cheaper-to-manufacture models, but still charging high prices due to the JPY.

When Subaru started doing that a few years ago, I told them that they CMI oredi.

Look at them now.

Borneo brought in the electric-steering / CVT Auris. Can they sell at the price they want?

Gone are the days of pleasurable drives that you could still get from ordinary Jepun cars.

Example: An RWD IS200 with hydraulic steering, and double wishbone suspensions front and rear, with a sweet IL6 24v engine that corners better than a 3-er in its day!

Yes one can get the Toyota 86 now for close to that kinda spec, but it's not a family sedan, thus demand appeal is lower.

Compared to the entry contis, I think people are now seeing that they are giving better value at a price point, more powerful engines, better handling and drive, with a more rigid body and more lux interior generally.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Hmmm.... you do have a point, and I love their after sales service (I drive the earlier Suzuki Swift 1.5AT).

If u do test drive the SSS cvt, kindly share ur experience with us.

eg, in D mode, does the cvt "feel like a 7AT" .....like the new altis.

Understand the new 7G cvt by Jippun is adopting this style. Its no longer rubberband. Rather, even in D, it shifts via 7 "preset" virtual ratios.

Supercharged

Gone are the days of pleasurable drives that you could still get from ordinary Jepun cars.

the num looking for "uncle drives" far outnumber the num looking for "pleasurable drives". [laugh]

Naresh.

What's the damage like for SSS?

the num looking for "uncle drives" far outnumber the num looking for "pleasurable drives". [laugh]

I am sure that these unker/unti buyers, if given an A3 sedan, or the 314i / C140 (all akan datang) AT CLOSE TO THE SAME PRICE will not gravitate to the Altis and Cibic anymore :-)

ya also feel should survive. parent co shd b able to hold til 15.16 see if the bumper coe really happens. at most they wil jus downscale manpower, operating costs in the meantime.

I am sure that these unker/unti buyers, if given an A3 sedan, or the 314i / C140 (all akan datang) AT CLOSE TO THE SAME PRICE will not gravitate to the Altis and Cibic anymore :-)

this one confirm la....if not, audi shd fire their marketing team n the A3 project team. [smash]

(edited)

What's the damage like for SSS?

Their clearance sale promotion states from S$115K.

So I am guessing that the CVT variant would be S$118K. Will go to the showroom and check it out over the weekend.

Edited by Naresh

Supercharged

tok abt Cibic: is really super-failz...since it's introduction a while ago, only saw a handful on our roads...

If u do test drive the SSS cvt, kindly share ur experience with us.

eg, in D mode, does the cvt "feel like a 7AT" .....like the new altis.

Understand the new 7G cvt by Jippun is adopting this style. Its no longer rubberband. Rather, even in D, it shifts via 7 "preset" virtual ratios.

Well I did go for the test drive - it feels like 7AT (and is a 7AT in manual mode), there is no rubber band effect.

It feels so much more refined, and while the suspension has been firmed up, it is quite comfortable. Very responsive - it is happy to rev and doesn't feel strained beyond 3000 rpm. And 8.7 seconds to 100km/hr it is not very quick, but it does it effortlessly.

There was no deals/discount on the new 2014 (S$121K after the CEVS rebate)

But they had new champion yellow 2014 Swift Sports with 280KM at S$4,000 off. Comes with HID, steering mounted bluetooth/ handsfree, shift paddle, cruise control, etc...

I bought it.

And I was able to trade in my 2008 Swift. They will bid for COE this month, 1-bid guarantee (either CAT B or E).

↡ Advertisement