Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyre

Swaku

Hi folks,

Anyone has good experience with this tyre? I need feedback from real users on our roads. I'm looking at them for my next replacement for the following reasons that I have read online.

1) It is one of the few tyre available in 215/45R18 and with load rating of min 92. The others are Toyo t1 Sport and Kumho KU31.

2) Read that Toyo has relatively high rolling resistance and Kumho are quite noisy after some time.

3) The P1 are claim to have low rolling resistance and are designed for "Comfort"according to manufacturer's website and foreign websites. I have a friend on P7 (non RFT) and confirmed that the rolling resistance does feel low compared to many other tyres he used over the years. But then again, it is P7, not P1 although they are from similar series.

Would like to hear your comments on their comfort level wear rate, noise level and wet performance over 10/20/30K Km if you have used them before. I'm a family man, don't go fast on the roads especially on rainy days and comfort/noise is an important factor for me. Currently on Potenza RE002 and I find them heavy, quite hard and slow to move off (high rolling resistance perhaps)

I have looked at many of the "comfort" tires recommended in this forum but unfortunately, they are not available in the size I'm looking for.

Many thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Why not consider Dunlop V32

It's on my second set now and so far quiet as I needed

Hope This help

Thanks for the recommendation. May i know which shop did you go to? I have contacted a few shops previously asking for any tires in my size and they always like to quote only a model or two, mostly KU31 saying other brands/model are not available in my size. When one finally said P1 is available and i called the same few shops again telling them that one shop has quoted me the P1, miraculously they now say they have the P1 too. Lazy buggers.....

<snip>

1) It is one of the few tyre available in 215/45R18 and with load rating of min 92. The others are Toyo t1 Sport and Kumho KU31.

<snip>

i thought mine with 235/45 R18 is bad enough. :) did you research if your ride can take a wider width at 225 instead of 215? that would open up a lot more option.

i believe you will get all sort of recommendation here without checking if that particular make has the size that fits your.

i thought mine with 235/45 R18 is bad enough. :) did you research if your ride can take a wider width at 225 instead of 215? that would open up a lot more option.

i believe you will get all sort of recommendation here without checking if that particular make has the size that fits your.

I'm currently on 225/45R18 but i dun like the way the tyre bulge a little from the rims as they are 18x7.5. Looking to have the tyre flush swee swee with the rims if i go for 215. Purely for looks. :-)

I have checked that the P1 comes in 215. Just want to hear if from folks here if they are indeed comfortable, low noise/rolling resistance as claimed by the manufacturer. Looks like yours is odd size too like mine. Good luck to you too bro.

On p7 cint

40k over 1.5 yr

Dry and wet n handling pretty good, still left 40%

Go for it

Thanks for sharing bro. I guess P1 can't be far off from P7 in terms of comfort and safety. Time to go shopping for the best deal.

Many thanks to all for the replies. Have a great weekend folks.

Thanks for sharing bro. I guess P1 can't be far off from P7 in terms of comfort and safety. Time to go shopping for the best deal.

Many thanks to all for the replies. Have a great weekend folks

your tyre size 215 .45 18 is a real unpopular size

but I think is still quite a handful of them in the market

I personal recommendation put back your original size (check your OE spec)

in fact 225 45 18 recommended rim is 7.5 inch.

215 45 18 recommended is 7 inch width

P1 is not a bad choice anyway ( another green product give lower rolling resistance and longer lasting )

Edited by Roberttan

your tyre size 215 .45 18 is a real unpopular size

but I think is still quite a handful of them in the market

I personal recommendation put back your original size (check your OE spec)

in fact 225 45 18 recommended rim is 7.5 inch.

215 45 18 recommended is 7 inch width

P1 is not a bad choice anyway ( another green product give lower rolling resistance and longer lasting )

Hi, pardon my ignorance but what's the consequences if i were to use 215 with my 7.5 inch wide rims? Less protection for the rims against kerb rash or something more serious? Thanks.

what is your car and stock tyre size?

7.5 inch 225 is ideal, 215 and 235 is stretch

look like || / \ or \ / , the tyre when view from front

base on ur first post, if comfort is important, u should maintain stock size, assuming 225 width is...215 means u have less sidewall to cushion the road, and reduced comfort

Edited by Furrynadz

Car came with 16in rims and i changed them out to 18in soon after. Originally bought 225/45R18 with 18x8, nicely flushed but due to fender rubbing, i swapped to a 18x7.5 and found the tires a bit bulging.

Got a friend on 215/45R17, 17x7.5. They looked flushed, something that i wanted. Can you explain what you meant by / \ and \ / ? Like i said, my friend's tires does look flushed | | to me.

I agree that going to 215 will have less sidewall for cushioning. But like i've said, my higher priority for now is going for looks (vain la bro) so that's why i'm looking for a comfort tyre too.

Thanks.

Car came with 16in rims and i changed them out to 18in soon after. Originally bought 225/45R18 with 18x8, nicely flushed but due to fender rubbing, i swapped to a 18x7.5 and found the tires a bit bulging.

Got a friend on 215/45R17, 17x7.5. They looked flushed, something that i wanted. Can you explain what you meant by / \ and \ / ? Like i said, my friend's tires does look flushed | | to me.

I agree that going to 215 will have less sidewall for cushioning. But like i've said, my higher priority for now is going for looks (vain la bro) so that's why i'm looking for a comfort tyre too.

Thanks.

what car is this?

u have to follow the tyre fitting size for 18 inch, else your speedo will be off

you can check the size on tyrepac.com.sg

/ \ mean like this

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee162/MidwestSiR/37.jpg

u are fitting a narrower tyre than recommended for your rim, folks do this to make the sidewall stffer for cornering and looks

the other one...u get the idea...

+/-10mm is still ok though, just try to fit the stock 18 inch tyre size ideally

what car is this?

u have to follow the tyre fitting size for 18 inch, else your speedo will be off

you can check the size on tyrepac.com.sg

/ \ mean like this

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee162/MidwestSiR/37.jpg

u are fitting a narrower tyre than recommended for your rim, folks do this to make the sidewall stffer for cornering and looks

the other one...u get the idea...

+/-10mm is still ok though, just try to fit the stock 18 inch tyre size ideally

A picture paints a thousand words. Thanks for the attachement, fully understand liao. The / \ looks like a lot in the picture. If using my friend's case on 215/45R17 on a 17x7.5, the / \ is not that bad. In fact, it looks more like | | to me. Currently, my 225 looks lke a bit more like \ /.

Anyway, I just called a few places checking for P1 in my size, the newest one I could find was manufactured in May 2012, almost 2 years old. Sian half. Now have to find alternative for the P1. Seems that Toyo T1 Sport, Pirelli PZero Nero/Rosso have them in 215/45R18 too. Any idea which of these have low rolling resistance and are considered comfort tires?

I just changed to Cinturato P1 few weeks back... I can say it's a good tyre in terms of comfort and noise...

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the size I'm looking for were all made in 2012. Nothing newer than that. :-(

A picture paints a thousand words. Thanks for the attachement, fully understand liao. The / \ looks like a lot in the picture. If using my friend's case on 215/45R17 on a 17x7.5, the / \ is not that bad. In fact, it looks more like | | to me. Currently, my 225 looks lke a bit more like \ /.

Anyway, I just called a few places checking for P1 in my size, the newest one I could find was manufactured in May 2012, almost 2 years old. Sian half. Now have to find alternative for the P1. Seems that Toyo T1 Sport, Pirelli PZero Nero/Rosso have them in 215/45R18 too. Any idea which of these have low rolling resistance and are considered comfort tires?

none of them, these are sporty tyres

Hi bro, can you share your previous replaced by P1 so we can have a sense of the "comfort" and "nosie"

I just changed to Cinturato P1 few weeks back... I can say it's a good tyre in terms of comfort and noise...

Hi bro, can you share your previous replaced by P1 so we can have a sense of the "comfort" and "nosie"

I'm on BS RE002 currently. I have checked online that the weight is roughly 28+ pounds and general feedback is that the sidewall are hard and tire is grippy (higher rolling resistance?).

BS tires weight seems to be generally heavier than other brands from what I seen in tirerack.com so that's why I'm looking to try out lighter and less rolling resistance tires. For my driving style, high performance tires are prob a waste. :-)

Btw, like to ask folks here a question. Any issues with buying a NOS (New but Old Stock) tires that are almost 2 years old? Based on my usage, I would prob change them out in 2 to 2.5 years max (about 40k km). By then, the tires would have been 4.5 years old (max). I have read on foreign forum that many people even use their tires till about 7 years old but then again, their climate and road conditions are very different from ours. Any comments on this? Safe to buy a 2 year old new tires?

↡ Advertisement