• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
102 replies to this topic | 74 praises

Poll: Golf GTI or A250 (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you buy?

1. A250 (72 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Golf 7 GTI (36 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Gs_1984
  • Premium member
    Gs_1984
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Went shopping for a car for my wife at VW today. My wife is keen on the VW golf since most of her friends are driving that and it is relatively fuss-free from what she heard from friends. Plus the compact size will allow her to have lesser parking problems in office.

But my colleagues in office are telling me to avoid VW at all cost due to the long service centre queues and lousy customer service.

Since the price of a A250 is relatively cheaper than a golf GTI, is it a better choice to get that instead since they look much the same as on paper and in metal.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Golf GTI is fast and very stable on high speed...A250 never try...

Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This video should be useful.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In term of branding.. if one is brand whoring....saying I drive a Merc is certainly sound better than saying I drive VW...
Hydrocarbon and Heman75 praised this

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A250 looks better, more reliable, more new model, and of course better brand

Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

vw no go

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Went shopping for a car for my wife at VW today. My wife is keen on the VW golf since most of her friends are driving that and it is relatively fuss-free from what she heard from friends. Plus the compact size will allow her to have lesser parking problems in office.

But my colleagues in office are telling me to avoid VW at all cost due to the long service centre queues and lousy customer service.

Since the price of a A250 is relatively cheaper than a golf GTI, is it a better choice to get that instead since they look much the same as on paper and in metal.

im not sure on the pricing but since you said so, and it shall be it.. Seems onlY in unique Singapore that the A250 is cheaper than GTI... Since the A250 is cheaper, it's really silly to get the GTI over the A250.
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Why not consider BMW 135i.?RWD+6 Cyl turbo...nice sound + super handling.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

Gs_1984
  • Premium member
    Gs_1984
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My wife thinks BMW 1 series looks super ugly, that's why never go for it. Anyway, it is much more expensive than the ones we are looking for too.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

A250 for me
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no brainer......the star, of course.

L_club23 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why not Mini Cooper S Countryman?

4 dr.  6AT from Aisin.  184hp from 1.6L twin scroll twin turbo.

If u don't mind a 6 mth old car, look out for Mini in SgcarMart.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Random thoughts.

Brand - Merc
Service - Merc
Reliability - Merc
Price - Merc
Speed - ?
F/C - ?
Comfort - ?
Resale - Merc
Space - ?

Which one more important to you as VW score very well in nothing.
Angchug praised this
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Ahseng
  • Premium member
    Ahseng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mar See Lee la....walau..no brainer ley

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mercedes-Benz A-Class A250 Sport (A) spacer.gif

Engine   Engine capacity 1,991 cc

Engine type 4-cylinder in-line Compression ratio 9.8 Bore x Stroke (83 x 92) mm  

Performance   Power 208 bhp

orque 350 Nm

Acceleration 6.6s (0-100 km/h)

Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0 TSI (A) spacer.gif

Engine   Engine capacity 1,984 cc

Engine type 4-cylinder in-line TSI Compression ratio 9.6 Bore x Stroke (82.5 x 92.8) mm  

Performance   Power 220 bhp

Torque 350 Nm

Acceleration 6.5s (0-100 km/h)

Unless you really care so much about the 0.1 sec different...in term of comfort and brand...it is a no brainer...of course the star brand...

Edited by LoverofCar, 17 March 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Angchug praised this

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

you really don't know or pretending,

read this you will never touch VW in your life,

http://www.livelifed...ia-headquarters

Baal and Angchug praised this

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Iridrium
  • Iridrium
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

you really don't know or pretending,
read this you will never touch VW in your life,
http://www.livelifed...ia-headquarters

But that is Malaysia leh.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But that is Malaysia leh.

Singapore is facing the same problem. You mean only Malaysia got DSG problem?

A250 for me too.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Singapore is facing the same problem. You mean only Malaysia got DSG problem?

A250 for me too.

China also got that dry clutch DSG problem.

Baal praised this

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Keavze
  • Premium member
    Keavze
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

wah danz...how can vw compare with MB... unless its the manual GTI. 

even if manual GTI also cant compare with A250. haha.

Edited by Keavze, 17 March 2014 - 04:40 PM.

FZR150->CBR400->R1100R->R1150RT->Charade->Civic->Legacy->Bravo->RX8

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Volkswagen Golf GTI

Volkswagen Golf GTI  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Philemon27  |  Neutral Newbie

Best sounding car when mod

With a combination of style, comfort and power, the GTi, is only for those who have special appretion for cars and they’Re capabilities. Amatures won’T under the art under this baby’S hood. Nor can a wannabe make out what it... » Read More

Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2013

Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2013  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by LPPL  |  6th Gear

Better cars for that price

The acceleration for this car is noisy, but again it is a sporty car. I don't particularly like the small rear windscreen and the crammed space for passengers behind. The headroom is also limited for front and rear. The front seats aren't all... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Volkswagen Golf GTI, Mercedes-Benz A-Class

Quick Reply

Tags: volkswagen, golf, a250 and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users