2 S'porean collaspsed at KL music festival

Jajoba123

Saw 晚报,total 4 S'porean gals admitted to hospotal in KL after taking drugs in the music festival

2 still in coma. hope Singapore learn from this. we need tighter control n education on the youths

i been thru that age before, been a house music lover myself n during the 90s i went to all sorts of parties(underground, private, parties then can be very wild compare today) just for the music. today i still dunno why ppl consume drugs, even if u curious don ever try, tat's wat i tell myself. n of course choose yr friend wisely. some of our friends even the closest one do have dark side n you never know.

sorry forgot to post the news

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/six-dead-from-meth-at-future-music-festival-asia-2014-police-20140317-34wev.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The more you tighten the more they want to rebel; that's the nature of young people these days.

I say let them go ahead and try the coke, oxys and whatever they can get their hands on.

Turbocharged

The more you tighten the more they want to rebel; that's the nature of young people these days.

I say let them go ahead and try the coke, oxys and whatever they can get their hands on.

its true but dont forget, sometimes when they get their hands on things, they will want to share, and peer pressure can always be a bad thing ><

Once the Genie is out of the bottle or the toothpaste out of the tube ...

You think countries which have less strict laws haven't got a major problem???

• Praise 1

Supercharged

True... but many dont know the risk of only need one wrong to regret for life or lose a life...

Drugs offered openly at KL music festival
17/03/2014 on mypaper by GURVEEN KAUR
The question was direct and the offer that followed equally blunt.
"So, what are you on?"
Drug-peddlers roamed freely, accosting concert-goers at the Future Music Festival Asia in Kuala Lumpur over the weekend, said attendees.
The show was cancelled on Saturday, the final day of the event, after six people died of drug overdose and 14, including nine Singaporeans, were hospitalised. It was a tragedy waiting to happen, going by participants' accounts.
While many had ostensibly gone to listen to music, others were drawn to the drugs being offered brazenly. The event, which was scheduled for three days, attracted some 85,000 attendees.
Peddlers walked around Bukit Jalil National Stadium whispering names, such as Dragon Ball, which they claimed was a cocktail of cocaine, acid and other drugs, concert-goers told MyPaper.
Describing the scene at DJ Armin van Buuren's A State Of Trance showcase, one concert-goer from Singapore, who wanted to be known as Zara, said that some of those who took drugs sat dazed on the ground in the midst of others who were standing. "Many had glazed expressions, while others were dancing weirdly," said Zara, 24.
Some were "sniffing Vicks VapoInhaler" to heighten the effect of the drugs and others did strange things like "smelling one another".
Organisers said last night that they had provided free water in front of stage barriers.
But the stands ran out of bottles of water as the drugs were sold in capsule form, and many were dissolving them in water. People were seen alternately gulping down water and sniffing inhalers.
Security personnel constantly removed groups of eight or 10 who passed out on the ground and carried them to medical aid tents.
Concert-goer Sharan Kaur, 25, who works in the social service sector, noted that security was not very strict. "A friend who attended the Australian edition of the festival said the police presence was much stronger, with undercover cops and sniffer dogs present," said Ms Kaur.
Organisers said there were more than 100 police officers on the ground for "crowd control and drug detection activities", as well as two mobile police stations set up at the entrances.
The Star yesterday quoted Kuala Lumpur deputy CID chief Khairi Ahrasa as saying that a "total of 29 have been arrested on drug-related charges".
After Saturday's show was cancelled, many refused to admit that the party was over. They headed for bars and nightclubs, which immediately hiked their cover charges. A group of three seeking to enter a club had to fork out RM1,500 (S$580) for a bottle of vodka, said Zara.
Taxi drivers also started demanding RM50 to RM60 for short drives from concert-goers who were too dazed to argue.
But some are now paying an even higher price.

Turbocharged

True... but many dont know the risk of only need one wrong to regret for life or lose a life...

Parents and government should educate them. Using regulation as the only means to stop drug abuse go nowhere; forbidden fruit always taste sweet (LOL!).

one mistake, one life gone.

Parents and government should educate them. Using regulation as the only means to stop drug abuse go nowhere; forbidden fruit always taste sweet (LOL!).

I agree. But somehow some westerners think that there's no need for regulation.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Nowadays all these little big kids are deaf to all kind words... only the regulation works on them however for this case its too late for some..

like monkey god stealing the peaches of immortality... [thumbsup]

Edited by Xers007

Instead of telling them not to do drugs, I think it's better to tell them not to do weird drug cocktails and to get their drugs from reputable sources.

God knows what kind of f**ked-up shit some dodgy a**hole in the corner is selling to clueless idiots.

used to party in KL, but i wouldnt even take a panadol in MY without knowing exactly where it came from...

thought kids are smarter these days?? then again...

Edited by Vidz

just sharing one of my days in the 90s when i can just take a evening flight to KL then back to Singapore the next morning just for a party.

during those days, the gay scene is big n i dunno how the gays hijacked the parties, i mean is really a legal party to promote house music but u can see o**y half way the party or after the parties.

saw a couple making out at the back stage. i mean those macho msculine guys, shock of my life n at those dark corners, u see ......

n the music i can remember vividly, the dj played Jaydee's Plastic Dream, Josh Wink Higher State of Conciousness, EBTG's missing over n over again.

Turbocharged

Nowadays all these little big kids are deaf to all kind words... only the regulation works on them however for this case its too late for some..

like monkey god stealing the peaches of immortality... [thumbsup]

The FDA is pretty tough on drug abuse and yet the Americans abuse the drugs like nothing.

one mistake, one life gone.

I agree. But somehow some westerners think that there's no need for regulation.

See above response

The FDA is pretty tough on drug abuse and yet the Americans abuse the drugs like nothing.

See above response

I'm saying that some people assume that deregulating will make the problem better cos of above scenario.

Well they never assume that the problem will get worse?

So now they deregulating marijuana. Well good luck to them bah. Road trip back into the 70s.

The problems that they face now are nothing compared to how it was in the 70s and 80s.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement