Lesson Learnt for Overseas Car Hire

Ah_tee

Turbocharged

but all (legal) car rentals come with insurance, no?

You have to buy the insurance.... I always buy complete/full insurance and the cost is normally about the price of car rental... So, with and without is like double the rental price...

↡ Advertisement

In Australia at least.

The full insurance will cost you like 35-40 additional a day of rental.

But for a peace of mind, I will opt for that.

Any because of the additional cost, I will go for a big and comfortable to make the rental worth while.

A Nissan Micra is usually only like 30 a day so the extra cover is higher than the rental. About AUD70 or so a pay

During my last trip, I went for a gigantic ford (dunno what model but I think its a V8) at AUD 100 + 40 which comes to AUD140.

Much more comfortable for the long drives in Australia. Anyway their petrol is relative cheap compared to Singapore so good experience to for me who never gotten a chance to drive big V8 ever.

These are very informative tips that would also help me during my trip to Thailand. I am going to hire a car from online rent a car service ( https://www.carhirethailand.co.uk/) but the current situation for a woman in Asian countries are just making me afraid. Can you share some precautionary measures that a woman traveller should take in this regard?

• Dislike 1

Hypersonic

These are very informative tips that would also help me during my trip to Thailand. I am going to hire a car from online rent a car service ( https://www.carhirethailand.co.uk/) but the current situation for a woman in Asian countries are just making me afraid. Can you share some precautionary measures that a woman traveller should take in this regard?

It's safer if you went for an operation to be a man.

Many ladies do this in Thailand and I can recommend you

a good clinic. Just PM me.

:D

• Praise 1

It's safer if you went for an operation to be a man.

Many ladies do this in Thailand and I can recommend you

a good clinic. Just PM me.

:D

[laugh] this is so off tangent that I'm amused.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1