• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 70 praises

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

IMG_6409.JPGIMG_6406.JPG

anybody knows where to buy this in singapore?

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

YingSaiHong
  • YingSaiHong
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Did you manage to find any in Singapore?  My dad would also like a bed like that too and I do not know where to find it in Sg.

Hope to hear from you,,, Thanks!

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Use to like to sleep in those canvas bed when I was a boy.  

Then during army, there are those that can be dismantle the built back easily one. Mostly use in field camp. Those can buy online.

You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Use to like to sleep in those canvas bed when I was a boy.  

Then during army, there are those that can be dismantle the built back easily one. Mostly use in field camp. Those can buy online.

safari beds rock when used outfield haha 

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh, yayaya. I forgotten it was called safari bed. The feel is almost the same as the foldable canvas bed. Maybe TS and OP can try this OPTION.
Inlinefour praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh, yayaya. I forgotten it was called safari bed. The feel is almost the same as the foldable canvas bed. Maybe TS and OP can try this OPTION.

The advantage of safari bed is that it's anchored by a horizontal aluminium beam at both the top and bottom of the bed. Makes it more stable and also more comfortable. 

Anyway these canvas materials will stretch one. So over time it will sag. This is even with the infrequent use only for outfield. I've had mine for almost 8 years and only used maybe 5 times?

Atrecord praised this

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The advantage of safari bed is that it's anchored by a horizontal aluminium beam at both the top and bottom of the bed. Makes it more stable and also more comfortable. 

Anyway these canvas materials will stretch one. So over time it will sag. This is even with the infrequent use only for outfield. I've had mine for almost 8 years and only used maybe 5 times?

you reminded me of my ~3 wk stay in Khao mIng camp in Kanchanaburi during Ex Crescendo about 30 yr ago.

Slept on Safari bed on the grass, in tents built with our ground sheets. On a rainy night, slept halfway everybody woke up cos the canvas sagging down, touched the grass that was mildly flooded [sweatdrop]

Ok, OT liao.

This type canvas bed i haven't seen for about 40 yr liao... Brings back memory.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:33 PM

Spring
This kind of bed used by those Sikh jagas in old days was very cooling but u need to get used to sleeping on ropes.

Attached Thumbnails

• E12BF1EF-7969-4AE4-BCAE-361C1FFF1650.png

Angcheek, Fu11thr0tt1e, Inlinefour, BanCoe, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

Did you manage to find any in Singapore?  My dad would also like a bed like that too and I do not know where to find it in Sg.

Hope to hear from you,,, Thanks!

decathalon?

That is all.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:56 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This kind of bed used by those Sikh jagas in old days was very cooling but u need to get used to sleeping on ropes.

Called a charpoy. There's a company in Port Dickson that makes them. Probably only one in SEA.

Lala81 and Spring praised this

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Called a charpoy. There's a company in Port Dickson that makes them. Probably only one in SEA.

I saw a FB video about someone weaving this type of bed, but i don't think it's made from rope but other material. Think in phillipines or some other SEA country.

Inlinefour praised this

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nice ... looked like my army hammock   :D

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

Inlinefour
  • Premium member
    Inlinefour
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

outfield sleep inside ambulance or BCS  [sly]  [lipsrsealed]

Make Love Not War

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

outfield sleep inside ambulance or BCS [sly] [lipsrsealed]

Stretcher is better than ground. But safari bed is one level up. Lol
Inlinefour praised this

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:01 AM

Inlinefour
  • Premium member
    Inlinefour
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Stretcher is better than ground. But safari bed is one level up. Lol

normally cover medic always sleep on stretcher but if ambulance there...he sure hop in...ha ha

last time so fun army days 😁😁😁
Spring praised this
Make Love Not War

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Made of hessian stringing or gunny ropes, 💯 % natural and cooling too , maybe can get in South Asia like India/Bangladesh/Pakistan/Sri Lanka and Myanmar

Those type of canvas beds if the frame is still good there are shops nearby King George’s and Syed Alwi road ( near Jalan Besar Stadium) can still get the cotton canvas cloth only

Edited by BanCoe, 02 July 2019 - 08:29 AM.

Spring praised this

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: bed;canvas;wooden pole, wooden and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users