Saab cars

oolongcha1985

What problem bro? I have spare some parts. Might able to help . haha

all small minor problems.... can tahan as long not fussy lol

haha other car owners think we are wierdos

hehe I thought you missed your accord euro ?

went to test drive a euro r....wanted to buy.... but somehow feels very different from my euro r.... now at a loss what to buy liao

↡ Advertisement

T5 is 2.5L, a T4 would be 2L.....corect me if i wrong.

A tuned 2L saab is way above a stock T5.

Depends on which year...

Old T5 are 2.3 (250hp) or 2.4 (260hp) five cylinders, latest T5 (240hp) is only 2.0 4 cylinders (basically Ford ecoboost I think)

PPC chip will give 299hp for the old T5.

Old S60R/V70R has 2.5 engine, 300hp....

no la i was actually looking at the 2011 saab lpt convertible..

i was so tempted by the looks..one at link auto another at jcwc. funny thing is that jcwc selling at 149k with 11k mileage, link auto selling at 154k with 38k milage..

i am wondering if i were to buy the saab convert..

1) maintenance how? ie spare parts readily available?

2) quality of the build how? ie quality like a toyota ( hassle free) or would be like vw ( plenty of problems ) not trying to offend vw car woners but my friend owned a jetta 1.4 twin charger..and frankly alot of problems ie gear box suddenly got smoke come out and stuff when he was driving ard.

3) servicing how, because i often go into jb hawk tyers to service my car..so i duno about others..and i doubt my jb servicing mechanic knows how to service the saab?

4) last of all..could i see myself driving the convert down the road like for 5 years? ie if i got a kid and stuff...hmm..but my heart was tugged towards the blardy saab lol i duno why..i see mercs convertible i also not that gian lol but owards the saab like..different thing leh

Bro, Saab is not for everyone. The drive is rewarding and the interior is spacious. Solidly built too, but branding image will lose to Merc convertible. But don't forget you pay at least 25% less a year on depreciation too. Parts wise you have to be resourceful if you want things cheap/fast. Else you can always send back to the agent TE, but be prepared to wait and pay a bit more for not so common parts. Never had an issue on parts availability though, you can always find what you want. Servicing is straight forward, nothing special needed. As for future planning, I have 2 young kids now and they sit comfortably at the back. Sometimes my wife prefers to sit behind too as she said the view is better with the too down... The best part? You don't see Saabs often. I always get people commenting that it's a beautiful car, and I can always see people in my rear view trying to figure what car I'm driving by looking at the badge ;)

• Praise 1

9-5 reporting. Left 17 months. Damn good drive but too many little little problems here and there. Haven't exceed my $2000 repair budget in my 4 years of ownership.

Might be able to save a little more if I was more resourceful.

Might return to the brand after my next car coz the new 9-5 damn Chio man.

• Praise 1

Juz get 9-3 aero will do, the rest are crap, be warned on the servicing,

I had been searching for 9-3 for 2 months before i gave up, one not many 9-3 seller, even if thy do, dealer mark-up high high.

Juz get 9-3 aero will do, the rest are crap, be warned on the servicing,

I had been searching for 9-3 for 2 months before i gave up, one not many 9-3 seller, even if thy do, dealer mark-up high high.

Wow your sentence very hurting. Im driving a linear and enjoying everytime I drive this car. 18 mths on this car and would say not difficult to maintain. Servicing is cheap. 6L of EO / oil filter $10 / Air filter $17 all less than $160. When I got this 93 18 mths ago. I just change engine mounting 4 pcs for abt $1100 ( Sounds reasonable comparing I was driving Honda previously ) No big issue till now. Been serving me well on NSHW.

Wow your sentence very hurting. Im driving a linear and enjoying everytime I drive this car. 18 mths on this car and would say not difficult to maintain. Servicing is cheap. 6L of EO / oil filter $10 / Air filter $17 all less than $160. When I got this 93 18 mths ago. I just change engine mounting 4 pcs for abt $1100 ( Sounds reasonable comparing I was driving Honda previously ) No big issue till now. Been serving me well on NSHW.

Sorry to offend you bro, it juz that I cant seems to get my hand on one, sometimes when one try harder to get hold of a Saab, it never come close, so i gave up .

I have a Saab linear 93 convertible for direct owner sale. I am the owner. 2008 July registration. Bright yellow color, excellent condition. First owner.Had asked a dealer to do consignment sale. If you have interest can msg me at 96170447.

• Praise 1

no la i was actually looking at the 2011 saab lpt convertible..

i was so tempted by the looks..one at link auto another at jcwc. funny thing is that jcwc selling at 149k with 11k mileage, link auto selling at 154k with 38k milage..

i am wondering if i were to buy the saab convert..

1) maintenance how? ie spare parts readily available?

2) quality of the build how? ie quality like a toyota ( hassle free) or would be like vw ( plenty of problems ) not trying to offend vw car woners but my friend owned a jetta 1.4 twin charger..and frankly alot of problems ie gear box suddenly got smoke come out and stuff when he was driving ard.

3) servicing how, because i often go into jb hawk tyers to service my car..so i duno about others..and i doubt my jb servicing mechanic knows how to service the saab?

4) last of all..could i see myself driving the convert down the road like for 5 years? ie if i got a kid and stuff...hmm..but my heart was tugged towards the blardy saab lol i duno why..i see mercs convertible i also not that gian lol but owards the saab like..different thing leh

Saab outside service@Ang Kah Hoe Automobile, 10 Penjuru road check him out , this particular workshop is not your everyday cup of T, it's a rusty gem, whereby old mechanic take their time to service your ride, prices are reasonable to some while others KPKU ,but one has to appreciate the place before jumping, another place is AMK.

So pls do your research before you buy A Saab. It is not meant for any driver, my verdict, nice to see, good to touch and drive, once in w/s, the price is swaggering . . .

Enjoyed my Saab cabriolet since 2008, never had any problems. Jus 6 monthly servicing by agent. Ride is nice comfortable, roof can open close at slow speed does not need to be at a complete stop to do so. I would say its hassle free. Had wanted to keep for full 10 years with intent to extend but got offered a nice 2-seaters. Cabriolet is a fun lifestyle car and especially nice fun in early morning rides. Engine is Hirsch upgraded.

Depends on which year...

Old T5 are 2.3 (250hp) or 2.4 (260hp) five cylinders, latest T5 (240hp) is only 2.0 4 cylinders (basically Ford ecoboost I think)

PPC chip will give 299hp for the old T5.

Old S60R/V70R has 2.5 engine, 300hp....

quite impressive figures there.

May i know PPC chip reflash is done locally or via DIY where we obtain the program through email?

Sorry to offend you bro, it juz that I cant seems to get my hand on one, sometimes when one try harder to get hold of a Saab, it never come close, so i gave up .

Ya if u are looking for Aero version. Once on the market people will grab esp saab owners who are upgrading from linear to aero. But a done up linear can have a lot of fun. Bro Ham, am I correct?? hehe

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Bro, Saab is not for everyone. The drive is rewarding and the interior is spacious. Solidly built too, but branding image will lose to Merc convertible. But don't forget you pay at least 25% less a year on depreciation too. Parts wise you have to be resourceful if you want things cheap/fast. Else you can always send back to the agent TE, but be prepared to wait and pay a bit more for not so common parts. Never had an issue on parts availability though, you can always find what you want. Servicing is straight forward, nothing special needed. As for future planning, I have 2 young kids now and they sit comfortably at the back. Sometimes my wife prefers to sit behind too as she said the view is better with the too down... The best part? You don't see Saabs often. I always get people commenting that it's a beautiful car, and I can always see people in my rear view trying to figure what car I'm driving by looking at the badge ;)

hehe my 3-year old son can recognise any saabs as they passed our car....

he will always say "daddy's car" or "same car as daddy's" when he see a saab

Ya if u are looking for Aero version. Once on the market people will grab esp saab owners who are upgrading from linear to aero. But a done up linear can have a lot of fun. Bro Ham, am I correct?? hehe

I can vouch too that......I done very basic upgrade stuff on my linear........the joy in the drive is like magnified 10 folds!

Ssssshhhhhh........lets be discrete. :D

Ops........

power comes with responsibility...

need to replace my coil packs liao as it is misfiring at times under heavy throttle or high boost. But i guess this is common for most TC car.

I have a Saab linear 93 convertible for direct owner sale. I am the owner. 2008 July registration. Bright yellow color, excellent condition. First owner.Had asked a dealer to do consignment sale. If you have interest can msg me at 96170447.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=394965&DL=1286

this one?

chio chio armani sia....

↡ Advertisement