Air con not cold

Cutelmo

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Anyone encounter after changing cooling coil and compressor. Aircon still not cold.

Have anyone tried using this K seal in radiator? Any feedback so far?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Planning to do that.

Changing of compressor was about 2 years ago and cooling coil about a year ago.

Not sure if change radiator still have problem anot.

Mine is a Latio 08.

Top up aircon gas?

If there is a leak, you need to find and repair the leak first. If there is no leak, then there is no reason for top up as the refrigerant will not simply disappear.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I'm thinking of my radiator, as I have change my compressor (at mark cool about 2 1/2 years ago) and cooling coil (about 1 year ago).

So was wondering if anyone have use this K-seal before, going to see if the review is good.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Anyone encounter after changing cooling coil and compressor. Aircon still not cold.

Thanks.

I have the same problem and I was told to change coil n compressor. I brought my car to another service shop and they check thoroughly and found that my aircon RELAY is not functioning well. After he changed the RELAY at $60, my aircon was so cold. And he told me actually I do not need to change my coil and compressor as it is only 3 year old car. I felt cheated from the Mechanic that suggested to change the coil and compressor at $600 ;(

I find it strange you change parts w/o finding out the root problem. For all you know it's the thermal expansion valve that require replacement.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi all,

Thanks.

I've changed my cooling coil before, and after that the aircon is cold again.

I've never change compressor before.

Don't know about K Seal thou...you need to read more reviews on this product before trying it. If the product can't solve the problem permanently, then no point buying it.

I'm thinking of my radiator, as I have change my compressor (at mark cool about 2 1/2 years ago) and cooling coil (about 1 year ago).

Find out first what is wrong before you take the next step. It may not be the radiator. Ask a few aircon WS for opinions first before deciding....

I am assuming your compressor and coil are brand new when you changed it, so they probably aren't the cause of your current problem now.

Neutral Newbie

Mine was a 2nd hand car and I think the car have been in an accident before. Was a 1st timer and didn't know what to check or how to check back then. So initially went to mark cool and they say compressor faulty, so change out compressor. It was good for about 1 year plus and hot air coming back again.

So when to my regular WS and they saw that the joint area to the radiator is leaking and also cooling coil. They say the radiator a small area is damage and just monitor again.

So now here I am planning to change out radiator but I saw this product that could help solve the leak issue, hopefully. So that I no need to burn another big hole to my wallet.

But this time is a bit different. Normally when I on the air con button, there's always a "buzzzzz' sound coming from bonnet. But this time doesn't have. So I suspect that the compressor die again. ZzZzZz....

Unless the mechanical give me a recon set of compressor which I have paid for the price of a new piece.

Supersonic

Mine was a 2nd hand car and I think the car have been in an accident before. Was a 1st timer and didn't know what to check or how to check back then. So initially went to mark cool and they say compressor faulty, so change out compressor. It was good for about 1 year plus and hot air coming back again.

So when to my regular WS and they saw that the joint area to the radiator is leaking and also cooling coil. They say the radiator a small area is damage and just monitor again.

So now here I am planning to change out radiator but I saw this product that could help solve the leak issue, hopefully. So that I no need to burn another big hole to my wallet.

But this time is a bit different. Normally when I on the air con button, there's always a "buzzzzz' sound coming from bonnet. But this time doesn't have. So I suspect that the compressor die again. ZzZzZz....

Unless the mechanical give me a recon set of compressor which I have paid for the price of a new piece.

Usually due to the super intensive labor for cooling coil, this part most shops wont suggest recon. For compressor, yes, some use recon esp when its old car. Recently, a VTI in my ws changed a recon compressor for $200+. I'm unsure if the 200+ is egions of 220 or 280. But after that aircon prob solved.

Hi all,

Thanks.

bro roughly how much is this k seal?

my air-con not cold after top-up 6 months ago. dont believe it will used up so fast so am thinking there must be a leak somewhere.

Just google K Seal, and it appear to be "coolant leak seal".

Unlikely to be suitable for aircon system. Otherwise, I am keen to try as well.

There are those aircon gas top-up and seal canister in Amazon.com, but not allowed for air shipping.

There was once my air con also not cold, ask around tell me change compressor, coil and nonsense. The person didnt bother to find the cause of the problem. Always ask for 2nd or even 3rd opinon, unless you want to be a carrot head. [knife]

Went to my trusted mechanic, he checked under my dashboard for 15 mins. He came and tell me the warm and cold air mixer is spoilt, either replace or remove the mixer. So I got him to remove it, since why would I need hot air here, and it is all free! :blink:

Supersonic

If your car aircon take very long to blow cold air during hot weather in the afternoon, after you have parked your car in open air carpark under the hot sun. But aircon is cold at night and early morning, what could be the problem?

Supercharged

If your car aircon take very long to blow cold air during hot weather in the afternoon, after you have parked your car in open air carpark under the hot sun. But aircon is cold at night and early morning, what could be the problem?

Maybe your temperature control not set to a colder level ?

Supercharged

Already set. [rolleyes]

How about you wind-down the windows a bit (at the same time full blast the aircon at the coldest temp)....and drive off. Then 5 mins later fully wind-up the window and see if it works. This is to let the hot air inside "escape" out....

I do that at times when my car is parked under hot sun ...and usually it works. [:)]

↡ Advertisement