Air con not cold

Cutelmo

Just sharing my experience.

Started with the usual symptom of hot air coming out of the vent.

Got it checked by mech who advised to top up the gas and replace air filter.

Everything was ok after that but barely 3 hours later, hot air was blowing out again and there was a hissing sound too.

That's a tell-tale sign that there's a leak somewhere and was advised to replace the cooling coil.

Now the air is very cold and hope it stays that way!

my situation mostly the same as yours bro.

first refill of gas barely lasted 2 weeks. likely to be cooling coil issue after consulting my regular workshop. ask them to repump the gas and see how long it last.

went to a friend workshop on mon and the boss advise to top the oil for the air-con system. $35 for a small bottle [cool]

↡ Advertisement

Just sharing my case from another thread ......http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2693353-would-you-send-your-car-to-jb-for-servicing-and-repairing/?p=5130163

Driving is fun, but when problems arise, the anxiety build up....what can be the problems? con jobs by mechanics? necessary to change this/that and so expensive?

I am glad Tomika Aircon resolved my car aircon problems at a very reasonable price.

Does any bros out there know of any aircon workshop that can fix faulty aircon compressor?

My Toyota axio aircon is rather weak and after checking with one of the aircon workshop, they ask me to replace the compressor. Damage quoted was around $700 for a thorough job.

Any advise or recommendation for a cheaper alternative?

get a 2nd hand compressor?

Does any bros out there know of any aircon workshop that can fix faulty aircon compressor?

My Toyota axio aircon is rather weak and after checking with one of the aircon workshop, they ask me to replace the compressor. Damage quoted was around $700 for a thorough job.

Any advise or recommendation for a cheaper alternative?

get a 2nd hand compressor?

Last time I went to scrap yard they say axio haven't reach scrap date so don't have any of the parts. I wondering if other models can fit?

sorry to dig out dis post... I recently experience that my car air con is not as cold as b4... no hot air so far, but I normally set the temp to 23 degrees n can feel the whole car is cold, but recently I dun feel the car to b as cold as b4 n I nid to lower the temp to 22 to feel cooler... any bros out there noe wats wrong?  Gas finishing??

sorry to dig out dis post... I recently experience that my car air con is not as cold as b4... no hot air so far, but I normally set the temp to 23 degrees n can feel the whole car is cold, but recently I dun feel the car to b as cold as b4 n I nid to lower the temp to 22 to feel cooler... any bros out there noe wats wrong?  Gas finishing??

These few weeks, the weather is warmer when it is not raining, so only naturally you might need to lower the temp. I normally set at 24 but have to lower down to 23 or 22 in the afternoon. Night time, I go back up to 24.

If you are worried, can go workshop and they can check your gas pressure. 

The gas shouldn't "finish" unless its leaking. You can probably check the gas pressure as Bro W7_Lee said, with a reliable workshop you trust. 

Neutral Newbie

What car are you driving?

The gas shouldn't "finish" unless its leaking. You can probably check the gas pressure as Bro W7_Lee said, with a reliable workshop you trust. 

any chance of the gas being used up?  btw how long do we nid to top up the gas?  mine is an opc car at 70k n 8 yrs old...

What car are you driving?

currently driving a Hyundai avante opc... 8 yrs old n mileage is ard 70k 

just topped up the gas for my car air con... the ws guy oso inject wat he called 'uv' oil into the system and said if there's a leak, he will be able to find out where the leak is... quoted that is most likely a leak and he has done quite a few avante b4... I asked him wats the common part tat leak and he said condenser or cooling coil... for cooling coil he quoted ard 500 plus to replace if there's a leak... is the price ok?

just topped up the gas for my car air con... the ws guy oso inject wat he called 'uv' oil into the system and said if there's a leak, he will be able to find out where the leak is... quoted that is most likely a leak and he has done quite a few avante b4... I asked him wats the common part tat leak and he said condenser or cooling coil... for cooling coil he quoted ard 500 plus to replace if there's a leak... is the price ok?

Sorry bro, haven't changed 1 before so I also dunno whats the market rate for cooling coil replacement. Maybe other bros can comment??

just topped up the gas for my car air con... the ws guy oso inject wat he called 'uv' oil into the system and said if there's a leak, he will be able to find out where the leak is... quoted that is most likely a leak and he has done quite a few avante b4... I asked him wats the common part tat leak and he said condenser or cooling coil... for cooling coil he quoted ard 500 plus to replace if there's a leak... is the price ok?

Should be around that price range. The killer labour cost will be for the removal/installation of the dashboard.

just topped up the gas for my car air con... the ws guy oso inject wat he called 'uv' oil into the system and said if there's a leak, he will be able to find out where the leak is... quoted that is most likely a leak and he has done quite a few avante b4... I asked him wats the common part tat leak and he said condenser or cooling coil... for cooling coil he quoted ard 500 plus to replace if there's a leak... is the price ok?

3 - 400+. Get a few more quotes.

Go sggarage.