Amazon Free Shipping to SG >$125 & Good buys

Mustank

Do you need such a big HDD? [laugh]

From a review, this HDD is really pushing the boundaries of the 3.5" format, so much so that it has a compatibility list -- it does not fit into all 3.5" bays.

I'm sticking with 6 TB air-based HDDs until 14 TB HAMR (Heat-Assisted) HDDs show up. [:p]

Actually no need one lah

Trying to be funny only

:XD:

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

Anyone going to order? If can tumpang, please let me know.

Just need to get some t-shirts.

Thanks.

Edited by Fcw75

Anyone has problem with their Amazon shipment lately?

No issues, amazon shipping has been fine.

You may want to check if the item is in flight, their tracking system is quite good.

Recently they have changed their local shipper, but there was no deleterious effect on the timing of the deliveries.

Very happy with their services.

Hypersonic

No issues, amazon shipping has been fine.

You may want to check if the item is in flight, their tracking system is quite good.

Recently they have changed their local shipper, but there was no deleterious effect on the timing of the deliveries.

Very happy with their services.

You guys have been lucky.

Here's my story:

I ordered some stuff on 22/4. From that time till 2/5, it just indicated Preparing for Shipment. So I emailed the CS for an update. They said there was a problem with one item and it has been rectified. They kept reassuring me that I will receive my shipment on the 11/5. They upgraded my shipping to Amazonglobal priority with delivery date move to 11/5.

Till the 10th, it still indicated Preparing for Shipment. Waited until the 12th and finally I emailed them again. Then they told me it will be delivered on 13/6?! What the fark?

I cancelled the order.

(edited)

This is a consequence of Amazon's promise of quick delivery -- which starts counting only when the items are shipped.

I have orders stuck at 'Preparing for shipment' for 3 weeks!

Since delivery is free, I think it has the lowest priority and they only schedule it when they have free slots.

One time, the price of the items went down sufficiently that I cancelled my order and re-ordered them. I put my reason as 'found cheaper price elsewhere'.

Edited by Nhyone
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

This is a consequence of Amazon's promise of quick delivery -- which starts counting only when the items are shipped.

I have stuff stuck at 'Preparing for shipment' for 3 weeks!

Since delivery is free, I think it has the lowest priority and they only schedule it when they have free slots.

One time, the price of the items went down sufficiently that I cancelled my order and re-ordered them. I put my reason as 'found cheaper price elsewhere'.

Hahaha, that's what I did too. I re-ordered the same items.

The re-ordered shipment also took weeks but finally came?

Supersonic

I had a couple of orders where it was stuck at Preparing for shipment for a long time.

I think that's an excuse.

Since they don't charge your credit card, until that stage, maybe it's for them to report better earnings.

Or it's a ploy to make you pay for shipping if you can't wait forever.

I don't think there's any ill intent..

Sometimes it's just inventory issues.

I have no issues waiting a while longer especially if the price is right.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I had a couple of orders where it was stuck at Preparing for shipment for a long time.

Since they don't charge your credit card, until that stage, maybe it's for them to report better earnings.

Mine was upgraded to amazonglobal priority, still the same.

Have to trouble bro therock now...thanks man.

Hypersonic
(edited)

But did it come in the end? After the expected delivery date?

How long from the date of order till delivery?

Edited by Fcw75

The re-ordered shipment also took weeks but finally came?

The second order was shipped in a matter of days. :D

I think it just 'took over' the first order.

This has been happening since last year at least. You can't expect to receive your items in 2-3 weeks anymore. The 'Preparing for shipment' phase is variable. Sometimes it is less than a day, sometimes several days, sometimes 1-2 weeks!

Mine was upgraded to amazonglobal priority, still the same.

Have to trouble bro therock now...thanks man.

No trouble bro

Just adding to an existing shipment .. but you gotta wait, it's free shipping cheers

The second order was shipped in a matter of days. :D

I think it just 'took over' the first order.

This has been happening since last year at least. You can't expect to receive your items in 2-3 weeks anymore. The 'Preparing for shipment' phase is variable. Sometimes it is less than a day, sometimes several days, sometimes 1-2 weeks!

Amazon is promising 2 days delivery time for its US prime customers and I suspect it is prioritizing these deliveries over those to overseas buyers as we can't as easily return merchandises once they are shipped (we are probably more sticky customers as well). Perhaps we should order and quickly cancel some purchases? Lol

Sharing an interesting article from the Economist.

Its conventional data analysis showed that customers were less likely to return merchandise if it arrived within two days. Anything longer spelled trouble....

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21720675-firm-using-algorithm-designed-cern-laboratory-how-germanys-otto-uses?frsc=dg%7Ce

Amazon is promising 2 days delivery time for its US prime customers and I suspect it is prioritizing these deliveries over those to overseas buyers as we can't as easily return merchandises once they are shipped (we are probably more sticky customers as well). Perhaps we should order and quickly cancel some purchases? Lol

Sharing an interesting article from the Economist.

Its conventional data analysis showed that customers were less likely to return merchandise if it arrived within two days. Anything longer spelled trouble....

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21720675-firm-using-algorithm-designed-cern-laboratory-how-germanys-otto-uses?frsc=dg%7Ce

I am a regular customer of Amazon, and I think many Singaporeans are too, especially with the free shipping bonus.

I can even order toothpaste and it's actually cheaper to ship it to me - that toothpaste goes from M'sia to USA and back, and yet it's cheaper!

So please don't do that.. once we lose this wonderful offer, and Amazon thinks all of us are "cao kuan" customers, we may never get this back. Amazon has pushed down prices on so many items, that I seldom trouble my SIA friends to carry items back for me, and I hope it continues..

Let's avoid rocking the boat, cheers  [thumbsup]

BTW, you do have to pay for Prime, so being a cheapo, I like my free shipping option very very much, cheers.

On a separate note, for bros who order stuff, and get it a tad late, may I ask for your patience?

I know some folks who complain, ask for a second item, then sell off the first. If this kind of behaviour keeps happening, we may become blacklisted and lose our free shipping.

So let's do the right thing. Cheers

Supersonic

But did it come in the end? After the expected delivery date?

How long from the date of order till delivery?

Quite sometime ago, can't really remember.

But I think I cancel and reorder, maybe leaving out a couple of items and adding new ones.

Then the delivery was quick, no more long preparing for shipment.

(edited)

I know some folks who complain, ask for a second item, then sell off the first. If this kind of behaviour keeps happening, we may become blacklisted and lose our free shipping.

Free shipping and no GST. Enjoy it while it last. It is certainly not going to last forever.

Amazon will ban buyers whom it thinks is abusing the system. It is very lenient, though. But once you get on it, there is no recourse.

I believe TaoBao and AliExpress are the same. Hence, I always overlook minor faults.

Edited by Nhyone
↡ Advertisement