Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Supersonic

I find Grab drivers usually will follow GPS route or the shortest route, and they would not ask which route rider wants to take, Uber drivers somehow would ask rider any preference route they like. So if the road that is shorten but need to pay maybe $6 ERP per gantry along the road, grab driver would not bother so much even rider upfront told driver dont want to pay, and the driver would still insists to take that route cause it is shorten.

I had a Grab rider yesterday who insist on going "straight" along Serangoon North Ave 5. So I obliged.

Bcuz of the peak hour and poor traffic design, I was stuck there for half an hour for a 1km ride to Hougang Ave 9

If I'd taken Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, it would have been slow a bit, but would not have been stuck there for half hour.

And there was not much different in distance and no ERP.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement

I had a Grab rider yesterday who insist on going "straight" along Serangoon North Ave 5. So I obliged.

Bcuz of the peak hour and poor traffic design, I was stuck there for half an hour for a 1km ride to Hougang Ave 9

If I'd taken Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, it would have been slow a bit, but would not have been stuck there for half hour.

And there was not much different in distance and no ERP.

I guess as a driver, maybe it is good to ask the rider any preference route they like, if the route they want to take is jam during that time, driver could tell the rider alternative route is advisable. If rider still insists to take that route and got stuck, they cannot complain etc. But i dont know if such thing apply to Grab? I know taxi can do like this, cause taxi is running on metre.

Supersonic

I guess as a driver, maybe it is good to ask the rider any preference route they like, if the route they want to take is jam during that time, driver could tell the rider alternative route is advisable. If rider still insists to take that route and got stuck, they cannot complain etc. But i dont know if such thing apply to Grab? I know taxi can do like this, cause taxi is running on metre.

Some roads at certain time, we dunno the traffic condition. So we just follow gps or if rider insist, then we follow rider's decision.

But some drivers will insist going their own route, bcuz Grab is fixed fare, so rider shouldn't be bothered giving navigation advice.

It makes driving more frustrating when you have both external (traffic) and internal (rider) interference.

For the most part, I'd tune out rider's talk. They may be talking on the phone all the while, and suddenly switch to talking to you and you'd not be paying attention. Some riders may get angry, but they don't know driver's position.

Or when you reach the destination, you want more precise info on stop here or there, you asked the rider, and they are busy on the phone and ignore you.

Although Grab is fixed fare but if compared with uber which is also fixed fare, some driver from uber still may ask the rider any preference route they want to take, and if rider tell the driver before moving off to take certain route, seems like uber drivers are more willing to listen and oblige. From the observation that i have seen so far when taking uber and grab lo. Lol.

Twincharged

Some roads at certain time, we dunno the traffic condition. So we just follow gps or if rider insist, then we follow rider's decision.

But some drivers will insist going their own route, bcuz Grab is fixed fare, so rider shouldn't be bothered giving navigation advice.

It makes driving more frustrating when you have both external (traffic) and internal (rider) interference.

For the most part, I'd tune out rider's talk. They may be talking on the phone all the while, and suddenly switch to talking to you and you'd not be paying attention. Some riders may get angry, but they don't know driver's position.

Or when you reach the destination, you want more precise info on stop here or there, you asked the rider, and they are busy on the phone and ignore you.

Worst drivers are those that listen to passenger directions. End up making last minute turns and lane changes.

I find Grab drivers usually will follow GPS route or the shortest route, and they would not ask which route rider wants to take, Uber drivers somehow would ask rider any preference route they like. So if the road that is shorten but need to pay maybe $6 ERP per gantry along the road, grab driver would not bother so much even rider upfront told driver dont want to pay, and the driver would still insists to take that route cause it is shorten.

Very often its not about the shortest route but rather about the familiarity of the areas. So, why ask when the driver is not really familiar with the place and risks taking wrong route and caused unnecessary problems?... Unless you are so familiar with the place/routes and most taxi drivers do based on years of experience, best to keep the mouth shut and let the GPS do the walking.

No drivers.

No one working.

Extend until May 7 for what?

I think Grab kena warned for not absorbing or force uber driver to use grab app. I see the rate is back to competitive and waiting time reduce this evening. Maybe that makes more uber driver went back to uber app.

Also some drivers rent from LCR is sueing Uber [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

I think Grab kena warned for not absorbing or force uber driver to use grab app. I see the rate is back to competitive and waiting time reduce this evening. Maybe that makes more uber driver went back to uber app.

Also some drivers rent from LCR is sueing Uber [sweatdrop]

https://youtu.be/TMgB63TuJp4

Uber owns Grab 27.5%. So even if LCR drivers switch to Grab, technically still under Uber mah. Heard from friend the incentives Grab will honour.

actually everyone has been asking how these PHV company make money, giving promotion code to passenger, charging lower taxi, giving incentive bonus to driver, etc. Which company exist to provide all these and not making money?  What is monopoly when they can't even make money?

Even with competitors like before Uber Grab, both are doing the same thing and bleed together. A few time i try to book uber/grab, their quote were reasonably low, but i decided to take the taxi that was already in the queue waiting for passenger, i paid almost double the quote. 

The answer is : " Who can bleed more ? " and Its pretty obvious Grab can. . . but how long ? [dizzy]

Although Grab is fixed fare but if compared with uber which is also fixed fare, some driver from uber still may ask the rider any preference route they want to take, and if rider tell the driver before moving off to take certain route, seems like uber drivers are more willing to listen and oblige. From the observation that i have seen so far when taking uber and grab lo. Lol.

Some Grab drivers were taxi drivers who converted into PHV. So you are likely to encounter such behaviour when riding Grab.

Supersonic

Some Grab drivers were taxi drivers who converted into PHV. So you are likely to encounter such behaviour when riding Grab.

I was trying to turn into Cuppage Rd to pick up a rider.

Taxi in front of me stopped to pick up passengers. 2 got in, then the same 2 got out.

A few more feet, and the same thing happened, passengers got in, then got out.

It happened about 3 times, then the taxi farker move out of Orchard Rd, so I can get into Cuppage Rd.

Does anyone think, the taxi driver is choosing passengers ?

• Praise 1

I was trying to turn into Cuppage Rd to pick up a rider.

Taxi in front of me stopped to pick up passengers. 2 got in, then the same 2 got out.

A few more feet, and the same thing happened, passengers got in, then got out.

It happened about 3 times, then the taxi farker move out of Orchard Rd, so I can get into Cuppage Rd.

Does anyone think, the taxi driver is choosing passengers ?

upload the video. hope authority can take note.

Singapore’s competition watchdog sets interim measures for Grab-Uber merger

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-competition-watchdog-interim-measures-grab-uber-merger-10135212

Now uber in singapore is nor here and there. Delay it next month got use meh? A lot of uber drivers now drive grab. Uber now become crazy waiting time and drivers can just cancel anytime without worry being suspended. Might as well just let it go La.

Singapore’s competition watchdog sets interim measures for Grab-Uber merger

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-competition-watchdog-interim-measures-grab-uber-merger-10135212

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/competition-watchdog-issues-interim-measures-to-stop-grab-uber-merger

National University of Singapore transport researcher Lee Der-Horng said he does not see how the CCCS moves will benefit passengers or lead to better efficiency. "Uber has been very clear that it has exited South-east Asia, with no more assets or staff," he said.

"What does this mean to consumers? I think this means that we should no longer expect the same level of funding, operations and customer support on the Uber app to be what it was before."

Prof Lee said even as the CCCS attempts to block Grab's assimilation of Uber, "passengers and drivers would be better moving onto alternative platforms sooner rather than later".

The CCCS said the interim measures would be lifted when there is "resolution of any competition concerns" arising from Grab's acquisition of Uber's regional business.It added that this could also happen when there are "material changes in market conditions".

↡ Advertisement