Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Supersonic

Wonder if the writer has taken time to speak to teksi drivers who are using apps and understand how they help to generate demand (and income) instead of spewing the usual outdated rhetoric?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Private limos are okay but more should be done to ensure that they have proper insurance before they are allowed to take on customers.

Could be a big problem if you sat in one of these so called private limos and get into an accident only to find out that they are not insured for commercial use.

• Praise 1

Don't bluff. PRC lady driver you sure "enter" :ph34r:

ya. it will be great if they operate in taxis too, no need to go until geyland.

Neutral Newbie

Love the competition. It means more choices for consumers.

Love the way taxi drivers are being handed their a$$es. I am particularly peeved by how they all disappear when you need them the most and can only reach them via booking and yet you see one long line of empty cabs by the road waiting to pounce on their "prey" simply because the prey had no choice

yep...so true lo..

Supercharged

To me the article from SDP is rubbish, selectively choosing what to write and hit on the emotion of Singaporeans - "RICEBOWLS"

First, regulated means the dispatched "driver" must be holding vocational license which if not regulated then any tom, dick harry can be one. So it cuts down on illegal taxi services without insurance like the old times.

Second, it gives the taxi company something to ponder especially ComfortDelgro as the main operator. Taxi drivers are complaining less take home because of the taxi company charging high rental and not giving drivers enough incentives. SDP are also not in touch with the ground. Many apps savy taxi drivers are also using Uber and Grabtaxi because they give commissions for hitting certain criteria.

And with liberation from the traditional taxis, commuters have wider choice to choose from. I guess SDP don't take taxi as well because you can never get a taxi during peak hours, raining days and public holidays. If commuters are willing to pay $200 and know it before boarding the limos to get from point A to point B, then why the worry? Win-win for commuters and limos drivers.

I guess NONE of the leaders are really fighting for the interest of Singapore. Simply reject good suggestion because it comes from the incumbent or vice versa (in the case of WP suggesting a central verification service to check on foreign education certificates turned down by incumbent).

If we are going down the road of objection for the sake of objecting, then bye bye SG100...

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Private limos are okay but more should be done to ensure that they have proper insurance before they are allowed to take on customers.

Could be a big problem if you sat in one of these so called private limos and get into an accident only to find out that they are not insured for commercial use.

This is the one all important point

I have no particular interest in "protecting" taxi drivers

BUT

Regulation is needed in a major way to

1. Ensure there is proper and adequate insurance when a car is being offered as a taxi

2. Safety standards (maintenance) of the cars are met - I think it is right that taxi are held to higher / more stringent safety standards than normal cars

3. Licensing of drivers

4. Background checks of drivers (eg - do you want convicted rapists driving taxis? Or loan shark runners?)

5. Basic knowledge of drivers needs to be checked and verified - they don't have to be "tour guides" - but should at least know some basics

How can have all of this with private taxi booking apps? I would outlaw all of them if it were up to me

• Praise 1

SDP eat shiet la

walau you curse like almost everyone, later no one left to curse how? [laugh][laugh]

More private limos means more cars on the road. They travel more km compared to private carsmuch thus should pay more Road tax and COE to equalise our private car costs.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

walau you curse like almost everyone, later no one left to curse how? [laugh][laugh]

He will play with his man tits and imagine those belong to the woman in his avatar :ph34r:

On Tuesday, i booked Uber Exec ride home. BMW 520d came & pick me up. Overall, i really feel like a Towkay unlike Merc Cab.

Supersonic

On Tuesday, i booked Uber Exec ride home. BMW 520d came & pick me up. Overall, i really feel like a Towkay unlike Merc Cab.

thot u everyday rain or shine, flood or hurricane will siao siao pedal one?

SDP eat shiet la

dun insult their "Ricebowl" can or not?

• Praise 1

Citycab/Comfort's booking system is broken.

I recently spent about an hour on the kerbside trying to hail a cab - I gave up and then called Citycab/Comfort but they could not get me one, even after two tries. A few minutes later, a Citycab that had just dropped off its passenger comes round and I successfully board. The cabby told me he did not receive any notification of a booking or he would have answered it.

I told him about third party booking apps but he does not dare to use it - he claimed there were severe punishments for cabbies found to be using alternate booking systems, probably he feels that the company sends out people to fish for cabbies doing this.

But if your booking system is kaput, and fails to match taxi driver to passenger, suck it up. Make it work better than some random app. You're the ones with the millions.

Supersonic

Citycab/Comfort's booking system is broken.

I recently spent about an hour on the kerbside trying to hail a cab - I gave up and then called Citycab/Comfort but they could not get me one, even after two tries. A few minutes later, a Citycab that had just dropped off its passenger comes round and I successfully board. The cabby told me he did not receive any notification of a booking or he would have answered it.

I told him about third party booking apps but he does not dare to use it - he claimed there were severe punishments for cabbies found to be using alternate booking systems, probably he feels that the company sends out people to fish for cabbies doing this.

But if your booking system is kaput, and fails to match taxi driver to passenger, suck it up. Make it work better than some random app. You're the ones with the millions.

Same here. Once, i tried calling Comfort booking. Put on hold for a while and automated voice system say no cab in my area - call back later. Basket....non peak hour oso no cab meh?

Knn.....so i use grabtaxi app. Immediately got cab. Lo and behold........a Comfort teksi showed up!

Asked the cabby how come when i call their hotline say no cab but when i use 3rd party app got.

He spent the next half hour of the journey knnccb saying how F-up the comfort booking system and if he were to depend on it, his income would be affected. He has 3 smartphones in the car, Grabtaxi, EasyTaxi and Uber. Says his income went up after using these apps compared to relying on the company to feed him bookings.

Same here. Once, i tried calling Comfort booking. Put on hold for a while and automated voice system say no cab in my area - call back later. Basket....non peak hour oso no cab meh?

Knn.....so i use grabtaxi app. Immediately got cab. Lo and behold........a Comfort teksi showed up!

Asked the cabby how come when i call their hotline say no cab but when i use 3rd party app got.

He spent the next half hour of the journey knnccb saying how F-up the comfort booking system and if he were to depend on it, his income would be affected. He has 3 smartphones in the car, Grabtaxi, EasyTaxi and Uber. Says his income went up after using these apps compared to relying on the company to feed him bookings.

now this is the type of foregn talent that we need!!! [laugh]

thot u everyday rain or shine, flood or hurricane will siao siao pedal one?

dun insult their "Ricebowl" can or not?

When i need rush home in 15mins, how to siao siao pedal?

↡ Advertisement