W212 owners, please check-in

Thaiyotakamli

Selamat Petang Tuan, Yes, Tuan Besar, I'm still driving E280 [drivingcar]

Now eye balling this..... http://www.mudah.my/Mercedes+Benz+CLS350+AMG+08-26622043.htm :wub:

oh E280? that means W211?

Jangan panggil saya Tuan Besar, panggil Datuk sahaja haha just kiddin

nice choice bro, go for it. Throttle owned that car before

FL E class looks okay. But drive is not as good as F10!

true E class handling not as good as 5 series, maybe on par with A6

Wah lau, if you already like S class then all other merc models will be considered stiff liao. [laugh]

some people prefer 2 door SLK over S class lol

↡ Advertisement

C class not comfy, test drove before, too stiff to my liking, i must be having ah pek taste hor haha

ar bo li si tua jiak la

• Praise 1

can i check with bros here on 2 qns about W212.

1. where some fog lights are 4 round one and some are straight strip.

2. Saw few gear sticks went missing but replaced with a knob. :slow:

can i check with bros here on 2 qns about W212.

1. where some fog lights are 4 round one and some are straight strip.

2. Saw few gear sticks went missing but replaced with a knob. :slow:

post-94507-0-43264300-1484747865_thumb.jpg

Round light=elegance, straight fog lights=avantgarde.

As for the gear knob I think only the later model before the facelift and facelift w212 have it mounted on the steering wheel area.

Edited by Nonewposts
  • Praise 3

Any users have any feedback on the gear stick behind the steering wheel?

Seems the rest of the specs are similar to the earlier W212 model with gearshift stick.

Any users have any feedback on the gear stick behind the steering wheel?

Seems the rest of the specs are similar to the earlier W212 model with gearshift stick.

Only when you engage the wrong "gear stick" will you have feedbacks [laugh]

This being the case, having the gear stick behind the steering wheel is good because you won't end up shifting the wrong one...esp when one has a 7 inch no count head [flowerface]

• Praise 1

A couple of times engaged reverse gear while in stationary position, when actually intending to indicate right to pull out of a parallel parking lot. Lucky didn't slam on the throttle, else it will be a case of unintended acceleration...

• Praise 1

I have put car into N by mistake, while still moving, when the purpose was to signal right to filter. Switched from a jap car whose indicator stalk was on right of steering wheel, to W212. Old habit took a long time to overcome. 

• Praise 2

I have put car into N by mistake, while still moving, when the purpose was to signal right to filter. Switched from a jap car whose indicator stalk was on right of steering wheel, to W212. Old habit took a long time to overcome. 

I have always wondered if the car will actually allow you to select R on the move. I think ECU will forbid it, but I don't dare to try...

I have always wondered if the car will actually allow you to select R on the move. I think ECU will forbid it, but I don't dare to try...

Nothing (as in ... car moving backwards) will happen. But your reverse camera will be turned on and you can view the cars behind you while your car continues to cruise forward in Neutral.  [flowerface]

The auto transmission technology is so advance now that proper safety feature is in place to prevent unwanted calamity. The auto tranny will switch to "neutral" when the reverse gear is engaged (whether deliberately or otherwise) on the move.

• Praise 1

But your reverse camera will be turned on and you can view the cars behind you while your car continues to cruise forward in Neutral.  [flowerface]

My poverty spec E300 got no reversing cam....

• Praise 1

Thanks guys for the feedbacks.

Guess if want to get a W212, the smaller stick should be a better option although it would mean newer registration date.

I drive a W212 FL, I want to change the fuel consumption display (in my driver instruments panel) from l/100 km to km/l, possible? Need to go back AD?

Just realised all BMW cars have that self set option.

I drive a W212 FL, I want to change the fuel consumption display (in my driver instruments panel) from l/100 km to km/l, possible? Need to go back AD?

Just realised all BMW cars have that self set option.

Possible. My Trip A and Trip B are both showing km/l. Only the dynamic fuel consumption green strip shows L/100km, and is not switchable.  

Possible. My Trip A and Trip B are both showing km/l. Only the dynamic fuel consumption green strip shows L/100km, and is not switchable.

Thanks K. Will ask C&C to switch it the next time i send in my car.

Dear W212 owners. My W212 is AVG model but running on Elegance springs and shocks (I swopped for ride comfort reasons).

It's time for me to renew my shocks but I'm unable to track the correct shock specs from the part number that is found on the shocks.

I need a chassis number from a 2009-2011 pre-FL E200/E250 in Elegance trim. Does any brother here own such a model, and if so, can share the chassis number with me? The info can be found on a sticker on the driver's door sill.

Many thanks in advance.

Dear W212 owners. My W212 is AVG model but running on Elegance springs and shocks (I swopped for ride comfort reasons).

It's time for me to renew my shocks but I'm unable to track the correct shock specs from the part number that is found on the shocks.

I need a chassis number from a 2009-2011 pre-FL E200/E250 in Elegance trim. Does any brother here own such a model, and if so, can share the chassis number with me? The info can be found on a sticker on the driver's door sill.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, you just have to provide the serial (beside door pillar) to thye soon or c&c, they will be able to tell the original shock u need. Most stockists are able to do that.
↡ Advertisement