Global Price Comparison: The Toyota Corolla

gahment will cite statistics from major cities to rebuke again.......

and show you how each inflated dollar the car price here is worth 1 million dollars in time saved, and how "jam-free" our traffic compared to others. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

How can you all compare.....there are other things to worry about. Like who gonna take over LKY position when he pass on......How to retain our leaders should they feel that their pay is too low.....How to increase our gdp with the decrease of foreigners brought in......how? how? how?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

gahment will cite statistics from major cities to rebuke again.......

and show you how each inflated dollar the car price here is worth 1 million dollars in time saved, and how "jam-free" our traffic compared to others. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

no wonder thry need miliions of dollar as salary! our follars are inflated! Pity our leaders siak! We should up their pay!

(edited)

not only our leaders are paying million,.

the US too. everything tax, tax & tax at an incredible rate & in UK, the leader tax u crazily just to hlp the empress buy such an ugly dress...

no wonder thry need miliions of dollar as salary! our follars are inflated! Pity our leaders siak! We should up their pay!

Edited by Rezorn86

This a cho lang tuo lan thread......how many time must say....it is not the car price that is high....it is the so call TAX or whatever you call it ....COE .....the damn bloody money that the government is sucking out from us!....nothing to do with the car price...

It compared to the nearest 1st world country, ours cost over 4x more.

Factor that theirs is a 1.8 + we need to buy another coe to last 20yrs, we pay at least 8x more....

To further compare, we can also add the average manager's salary.

I think for Japan, the average manager will earn around $5k per month = 4.14 times of salary = brand new corolla.

Malaysia, $4k = 10.98.

Singapore, $4k = 33.997.

• Praise 3

COE is a form of voluntary or luxury taxation.

The govt refuses to insist on level playing field and continues to allow motor dealers to compete with each other, outbidding between themselves to sell cars.

They can say that they didn't force you to pay them so high for COE but you, youself prepared to contribute to "nation building" lol.

• Praise 1

(edited)

see............ our piece of 'paper' can buy few cars in many countries .... :o

COE closed today (09/04/14) at the following prices ...

A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 77,400 367 537

B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 84,504 363 523

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 49,503 265 303

D MOTORCYCLE 4,489 388 520

E OPEN 84,100 199 283

Edited by Picnic06

This thread makes us feel mentally, intellectually, financially abused countless times......yet we are caught in this by default .... :angry:

current coe prices are likely linked to reduced growth of car population and import of more rich immigrants.

likely to ease when more coe are released when more cars scraped thus making available COEs.

so here we see that now coe prices are not only determined by how much cash you have,

but by how many rich new citizens are imported.

we are forced to compete with them.

somewhat makes us feel we are despised and betrayed.

part of unhappiness here which will weaken ruling party's next election votes.

another unhappiness is the abandoning of original Singapore for a cosmopolitan Singapore which many are not able to cope with.

• Praise 6

The world also watching SG car pricing .... [sweatdrop]

Watch oreddy. Or rather hear oreddy. And they can't believe their freakin' ears. :D

post-52704-0-24083800-1397040025.jpg

Can you all stop KPKB? You all just don't get it right?

WE ARE NUMBER ONE AGAIN!!!!!

(And that's really all that matters, right? Haha, please don't junk me. Actually, junk me I also never mind. Go ahead.)

• Praise 1

Can you all stop KPKB? You all just don't get it right?

WE ARE NUMBER ONE AGAIN!!!!!

(And that's really all that matters, right? Haha, please don't junk me. Actually, junk me I also never mind. Go ahead.)

post-62943-0-12438500-1397045152.jpg