National Art Gallery logo saga - No April Fool Joke

Volvobrick

Turbocharged

nsinaga214414e.jpg

Published on Apr 14, 2014 6:30 PM

By Venessa Thor

"The two blocks are originally derived from the two buildings that are joined to form the National Gallery. It could also represent two platforms or two dialog boxes. Art should be a two way conversation," he explained.

Err..ok...where are the building windows?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Eventually we will all get over it and the day goes on.

Cos actually, no one really f***ing cares..

Turbocharged

Actually just a thought -

If the two blocks represent the building - then what could be used to represent Esplanade?

Perhaps a woman lying on her back in that airplane mode? The boobies would be the theatres while the entrance to the harbour would be...

Well....then the logo would be a foto rather than a graphic.

dun pray pray. nowadays less means more.

like cars n bicycles, the lighter n less parts = more ex LOL

Actually just a thought -

If the two blocks represent the building - then what could be used to represent Esplanade?

Perhaps a woman lying on her back in that airplane mode? The boobies would be the theatres while the entrance to the harbour would be...

Well....then the logo would be a foto rather than a graphic.

Parental Guidance is strongly advise to read Darryn above posting :o

Surprise no one asked this question.

How much they paid for this logo?

It is a usual practice here, just like no one dares to ask TheMaSick Holdings Business Performance [lipsrsealed] , all very scares you know ? [sweatdrop][:/]

For comparison, Lucent logo also very simple and i heard it cost the company millions for the logo design. Met an engineer then and was told they view the logo through a scope to determine if the stroke is clockwise or counter clockwise.

milestone_1996.jpg

Edited by Rayleigh

Damn, I should start a company making logos.

Get the project

-put in in a drawer,

-open the drawer 3 months later,

- then put some random geometrical shapes, in 10 mins,

-spend next hours thinkings of some cool stories of what the symbols means. When run out of idea, go kindergarden to ask the kids

-Then charge my customers millions for months of research & design.

• Praise 1

Damn, I should start a company making logos.

Get the project

-put in in a drawer,

-open the drawer 3 months later,

- then put some random geometrical shapes, in 10 mins,

-spend next hours thinkings of some cool stories of what the symbols means. When run out of idea, go kindergarden to ask the kids

-Then charge my customers millions for months of research & design.

I'd researched very long time and came up a design at the below for you, the ang moh's sure will like it over at your side of the world, if sells well than buy me a cup of coffee will do.............

post-62943-0-47292700-1397578677_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

After brainstorming for 3 months, we came up with this logo for a new must visit attraction:

post-128138-0-34887700-1397579765.jpg

The 2 shapes actually signify the twin roof domes of the museum..... and diversity.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wasn't there a company once whose logo was actually inspired by a coffee mug stain??

Somebody put a mug of coffee on a pile of papers, only to discover that there was a slight spill, leaving a circular mark on the papers - voila! new logo!

Seriously this is one of the reason why I caution people who want to go into the 'arts' - despite more push nowadays to do so... The 'arts' - and that includes music as well - has no objectivity, and the value / worth of something just depends on the views of a couple of pundits and critics. There's often a lot of favouritism and hidden interests creeping in, but is hard to prove. In hokkien there's a saying translated as: "up to you to say lorrr..."

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

After brainstorming for 3 months, we came up with this logo for a new must visit attraction:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The 2 shapes actually signify the twin roof domes of the museum..... and diversity.

The 'hill' with Singapore labelled beneath is flatter.. Is this the artist observation?

↡ Advertisement