Bridgestone Turanza GR-100

Fsn3576

#alphard96

all that i've done except high speed balancing as i travel at speed not exceeding 110km/hr at any given time. 

like you say, bite the bullet and move on to other brand of tyres. i think the japs transfering of technology will not give their secret compounds used when it was manufactured in japan.

i'll probably go back to either yokohama or other european made tyres. even the koreans tyre maker can't match the japanese standards.

↡ Advertisement

#alphard96

all that i've done except high speed balancing as i travel at speed not exceeding 110km/hr at any given time. 

like you say, bite the bullet and move on to other brand of tyres. i think the japs transfering of technology will not give their secret compounds used when it was manufactured in japan.

i'll probably go back to either yokohama or other european made tyres. even the koreans tyre maker can't match the japanese standards.

Replacement for 215/55/R17 (car factory stock is yoko dB)

Because of your feedback - cancelled GR100 (around $185 only per piece)

Had a few choices then ->  dB, potenza 003, primacy 3 ST (Thailand), contipremiumcontact5 (old stock 2014/2015).

In the end - chosen the Pirelli P7 Cinturato....made in Brexit hehe.

Hope good dry/wet grip, comfy and low noise.

(Had good experience in the past with P6000, P6 Powergy, and old P7 etc),

Replacement for 215/55/R17 (car factory stock is yoko dB)

Because of your feedback - cancelled GR100 (around $185 only per piece)

Had a few choices then -> dB, potenza 003, primacy 3 ST (Thailand), contipremiumcontact5 (old stock 2014/2015).

In the end - chosen the Pirelli P7 Cinturato....made in Brexit hehe.

Hope good dry/wet grip, comfy and low noise.

(Had good experience in the past with P6000, P6 Powergy, and old P7 etc),

Gr100 is quieter than most tires I had.. definitely not the tyre fault.. sometimes,feedback on internet hv to take at face value only.. goto south east tyre n talk to uncle ming.. hear what he has to say abt gr100.. they r the agent for bridgestone tyres n I bought my gr100 from them.. they're honest enough..
  • Praise 1

Anyone can enlighten the concern of tyre made in the country of origin? Material use different?

After a scare with euro made taya that went bloated during a nshw run, I somehow feel safer with Thai made.

#Hamburger, I'm sure the Japs won't transfer the actual secret compounds used to Thailand. I was in the marine industry dealing with pneumatic rubber fenders and Yokohama is world renown. The Koreans or even the European manufacturers can't match the quality rubber Yokohama produces. The secret is in the compound used.

#Lurpesexx, thanks for sharing your choice on Pirelli P7 Cinturato and advice to consult Uncle Ming. I might just do that when it's time for the

tyre change. I've gone through what have been suggested including

changing the wheel bearings. The humming still persists at higher

speed. I have even slightly inflate and deflate the tyres, no significant

improvements. The only logic I can think of, is that the air-pressure will expand when your vehicle is travelling and at high speed it will also translate expansion of the rubber tyres. The thread could also have lost its original clearance and probably caused the noise at higher speed. It may be technical but I'm guessing just a layman would do. Any thoughts from the experts out there?

• Praise 1

#Hamburger, I'm sure the Japs won't transfer the actual secret compounds used to Thailand. I was in the marine industry dealing with pneumatic rubber fenders and Yokohama is world renown. The Koreans or even the European manufacturers can't match the quality rubber Yokohama produces. The secret is in the compound used.

#Lurpesexx, thanks for sharing your choice on Pirelli P7 Cinturato and advice to consult Uncle Ming. I might just do that when it's time for the

tyre change. I've gone through what have been suggested including

changing the wheel bearings. The humming still persists at higher

speed. I have even slightly inflate and deflate the tyres, no significant

improvements. The only logic I can think of, is that the air-pressure will expand when your vehicle is travelling and at high speed it will also translate expansion of the rubber tyres. The thread could also have lost its original clearance and probably caused the noise at higher speed. It may be technical but I'm guessing just a layman would do. Any thoughts from the experts out there?

No worries, n my choice was the gr100 not the pirelli..lol..uncle ming sells bridgestone one..just go listen n make ur choice..they dun hard sell..

#Lurpesexx, thanks and update us if there's any other issue you may encounter. I'll probably have another 6 more months before I change the tyres. Thanks again.

bro shiokadoo, P7 is not a bad choice as it is a good touring tyre that remains relatively quiet even almost at the EOL.

The feedback of this tyre is rather vague imo and i would be changing out to a primacy pretty soon.

darn....for some reason i am still not getting more than 40k even though the profile i use is 50 series.

Gr100 is quieter than most tires I had.. definitely not the tyre fault.. sometimes,feedback on internet hv to take at face value only.. goto south east tyre n talk to uncle ming.. hear what he has to say abt gr100.. they r the agent for bridgestone tyres n I bought my gr100 from them.. they're honest enough..

Yup ... Good experience with South East Tyre too. Friendly folks.

Yup ... Good experience with South East Tyre too. Friendly folks.
  • Praise 1

Anyone can enlighten the concern of tyre made in the country of origin? Material use different?

After a scare with euro made taya that went bloated during a nshw run, I somehow feel safer with Thai made.

was informed that tyres brought in by ADs are suited for our climate vs those PI ones from EU.

nonetheless, my personal experience with a set of PI CSC2s was favourable, lasted me 2.5 years / 50k kms. no issues.

• Praise 1

Autobacs now buy 3 get one free. Just got my set of 4 of 195/65/15 for $471+4(valve). And Bridgestone also promo, give $15 cash card now when you buy their tyres in set of 4.

• Praise 2

Autobacs now buy 3 get one free. Just got my set of 4 of 195/65/15 for $471+4(valve). And Bridgestone also promo, give $15 cash card now when you buy their tyres in set of 4.

Thanks for the info..

Don't touch it, or you'll regret for the next 2 years. See my past comments. Road sound is already bad enough and with the humming, it's quite unbearable when driving in the night!

Going through the whole list of feedback and my own experiences working in a Japanese manufacturer. Buying a products made in a develop country does not guarantee defect free product. Just less chances. My previous company also talk about quality.... but our China operatorso only laugh.... so u decide.