Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

Hi All

1st a big thank you to the Bro who introduced Ah Meng..

I called him over to help me switch stereos between 2 cars cos one of the cars is going back to the dealer as a trade-in and I wanted to switch over a good stereo set to my wife's car.

Contacted Ah Meng on Fri. Alamak, my mandarin not so good. I gave back my chinese classes to the secondary school after i left (LOL) ... But we communicated and exchange SMS in english which he was able to respond.

TAKE NOTE : He does not work sundays as he said he needs to rest and be with family. (great philosophy I told him that).

So he and I chatted on sms /whatsapp and he came on Saturday promptly at the agreed time.

I have to say, he's very good, very fast, vey neat and very friendly. No bulls**t, straight guy.

Guys, he's just making a living and his labour charges to me is reasonable..so I didnt even bargain with him or ask or PM anyone for his charges. Whatever he quoted, I just replied him on text that as long as you do a good job, I am not going to quibble over a few dollars.

The conclusion is ..he did a great job. Clean, neat... and I left him at my condo carpark as I went back upstairs to do some work. Great guy !!!

I made a mental note to give this honest hardworking guy some needed publicity back on the forum where I found his contact (this forum).

↡ Advertisement

went to ah meng for my installation , good workmanship !

glad that you like him. he is super nice guy and takes pride in his work.

Hi All

1st a big thank you to the Bro who introduced Ah Meng..

I called him over to help me switch stereos between 2 cars cos one of the cars is going back to the dealer as a trade-in and I wanted to switch over a good stereo set to my wife's car.

Contacted Ah Meng on Fri. Alamak, my mandarin not so good. I gave back my chinese classes to the secondary school after i left (LOL) ... But we communicated and exchange SMS in english which he was able to respond.

TAKE NOTE : He does not work sundays as he said he needs to rest and be with family. (great philosophy I told him that).

So he and I chatted on sms /whatsapp and he came on Saturday promptly at the agreed time.

I have to say, he's very good, very fast, vey neat and very friendly. No bulls**t, straight guy.

Guys, he's just making a living and his labour charges to me is reasonable..so I didnt even bargain with him or ask or PM anyone for his charges. Whatever he quoted, I just replied him on text that as long as you do a good job, I am not going to quibble over a few dollars.

The conclusion is ..he did a great job. Clean, neat... and I left him at my condo carpark as I went back upstairs to do some work. Great guy !!!

I made a mental note to give this honest hardworking guy some needed publicity back on the forum where I found his contact (this forum).

Bro..thanks for the review. Glad that you like his service as well. I follow him for more than 8 years liao....he just want to make a decent living using his own skills. If there was any choice, he rather work for a boss where income is more stable. Anyway, since he is out on freelance....it would benefit more people. hope more people can get to know him and use his service!

Ah meng 97696215

Neutral Newbie

Ah Meng saved my ICE set too. Went to an installer shop in the east initially, and let's just say that they chopped me and gave me poor workmanship. Must have been the fact that I'm a newbie. So upon the high regards here given to Ah Meng, I sought him out to fix up my set. Very patient guy. He figured out the problem easily and took the time to ensure that I was fully satisfied with the results. So yeah, I paid him whatever he quoted cuz I think he deserved it. A good man!

Edited by Soulmojo7

Ah Meng saved my ICE set too. Went to an installer shop in the east initially, and let's just say that they chopped me and gave me poor workmanship. Must have been the fact that I'm a newbie. So upon the high regards here given to Ah Meng, I sought him out to fix up my set. Very patient guy. He figured out the problem easily and took the time to ensure that I was fully satisfied with the results. So yeah, I paid him whatever he quoted cuz I think he deserved it. A good man!

dunno why but the first shop i though of when u mentioned audio shop in the east is far east audio

Neutral Newbie

dunno why but the first shop i though of when u mentioned audio shop in the east is far east audio

Erm no... But now that you said it, I'm not going to visit that shop. Mine is somewhere near Changi area. Apparently very highly rated. But oh well, maybe just my bad luck!

• Praise 2

Erm no... But now that you said it, I'm not going to visit that shop. Mine is somewhere near Changi area. Apparently very highly rated. But oh well, maybe just my bad luck!

Pays to research a little first before spending

• Praise 1

Yes Bro - glad that you too had a good experience with Ah Meng. I am a firm believer to not quibble with freelance guys - cos I feel if you just be frank and tell him, I wont bargain a few $ , you just do a good job,..then he will tend to do a good job..

I also need advice and help from experience Bros in here on the following :

A. Blackvue Car Cam recorder (front and back)

Any of you bros know if he can do my BMW to set up for the BlackVue car recording cameras (front and rear) .

Cos from what I read in the forum is that, setting up the Blackvue car cam recorder is quite tricky and complicated.

B. Update my BMW Navigation GPS map

It has a current Map covering from SG to Malaysia to Thailand.

Regrettably the SG map not updated. And so any of you bros know which shop recommended to help me upgrade my map. BMW charges very ex for map upgrades

Thanks

• Praise 1

Hi All

New to the forum so could not post but would like to check the appox cost to add a gps module on my existing pIonner AVh-P4250DVD

Thks

[:|][rolleyes][rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

just change to honda edix and wondering whether to change to 2 din HU ( without DVD) or single Din as i also had a Pre-amp.

will use back existing RF comp. speaker for the front but rear speaker is oval shape thus maybe my other pair CDT comp speaker dont fit? sibei annoy.

will contact ah meng. word of mouth seldom go wrong though i am on a tight budget.

• Praise 1

Hi, am new to this forum. Need some advices

1. Understand there are rules concerning installation of roof screen that plays DVD. Was told the front play r cannot play videos while car is moving. Looking to install a roof screen for children so they can be kept entertained on long trips. How can I go about it?

2. Any good reliable audio shop I can go to to fix (1)? Saw Foon often mentioned as well as free lance guy that works magic. Any others? Any share recommendations and contact info.

Thank you

• Praise 1

Hello bros, just got a parf proten gen 2 two days ago, i'm not very good with cars so i got some questions, i got this setting that goes "AUX" on my radio player, is there anyway i could install an AUX input without changing my overall radio?

Edited by EdmundLimZH
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the contact - Ah Meng is really good @ 97696215 [thumbsup]

I just replaced both front and rear stock speakers to the one recommended by Ah Meng.

Sound is soooo much better now - very shiok & happy with the result and $$$ spent.

This is one number i will keep for future ICE upgrade.

• Praise 2

Thanks for the contact - Ah Meng is really good @ 97696215 [thumbsup]

I just replaced both front and rear stock speakers to the one recommended by Ah Meng.

Sound is soooo much better now - very shiok & happy with the result and $$$ spent.

This is one number i will keep for future ICE upgrade.

Bro, can provide the details of the "package" and price ?

• Praise 1

called ah meng to check on sound proofing the rear door but he said mine "no need to do. it is already very quiet" :( which i feel that there is potential gain/benefit doing up the rear door. anyway, a honest and upfront guy, i like!

• Praise 1

Bro, can provide the details of the "package" and price ?

Sure, he quote me $370 and I gave him extra $10 for good service.

Front - $250

Rear - $120

I remember paying the same price (if not slightly more) in Autobacs and it's only the front speakers.

Btw, ah meng does the installation where ah? Any mscp?

He stayed in AMK (me too) but came down to the HDB mscp near my office to fix the job.

Total time taken is less than 3 hours - Front n rear including tuning my under-seat woofer.

called ah meng to check on sound proofing the rear door but he said mine "no need to do. it is already very quiet" :( which i feel that there is potential gain/benefit doing up the rear door. anyway, a honest and upfront guy, i like!

Same for me too....he can easily earn extra but told me no need to spent unnecessary.

↡ Advertisement