Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

Just plugging this for my old pal Foon

540986E6-81C1-4AE7-8A80-EA3641D466AB.jpeg

1.8K with a set of component speakers, DSP and underseat Active Sub?

I was quoted 1.9K for 2 sets of component speakers (Rainbow SLC6.2) + underseat Active Sub. No DSP though.

Assessed should be reasonable if the component speakers are of comparable pricing/quality?

↡ Advertisement

Yes, help fund his merz.

1.8K with a set of component speakers, DSP and underseat Active Sub?

I was quoted 1.9K for 2 sets of component speakers (Rainbow SLC6.2) + underseat Active Sub. No DSP though.

Assessed should be reasonable if the component speakers are of comparable pricing/quality?

Lolx....No la. My quote not from Foon. Using his as comparison only.

karroted liao. Saw on another thread of wat the setup is.

sorry bro, guess u may have to check out more 1st

Doubt so.

I had 5 quotes for same speakers and similar DSP/Amp, Subwoofer. Definitely not on the high side.

I did pay more for the soundproofing though. Chose 3 layers each door and hopefully the better materials!

Guys what do you think of a quote at reputable shop:

1. for soundproof 2 door double layer.

2.Aluminum Tweeter pods and mid pods for mp5.

3. Sound dsp tuning

4. Labour for all

5. All wiring cost.

6. Strong ring

$1760?

I provide my own mp5 3 way. AS mosconi 100.4 and 100.2 and mosconi one 120.2, amd mosconi dsp 6 to 8, and my own sub n sub box.

Should have also added that soundproofing was my priority before any consideration for audio setup. So did spent quite a bit on soundproofing. But effect was good. Negligible road noise and can't even hear the big trucks and bus when they are beside me. Perhaps now a hazard!

3. Sound dsp tuning

4. Labour for all

5. All wiring cost.

6. Strong ring

$1760?

I provide my own mp5 3 way. AS mosconi 100.4 and 100.2 and mosconi one 120.2, amd mosconi dsp 6 to 8, and my own sub n sub box.

Can't comment much as I'm not familiar with market too...But soundproofing price can differs quite a bit. There are $30 per layer to $85 per layer for liners and $10 per layer to $65 per layer for foam. Factors to consider is effectiveness, robustness and smell.

3. Sound dsp tuning

4. Labour for all

5. All wiring cost.

6. Strong ring

$1760?

the quote seems ok if it is from the reputable ones and using good soundproofing material. may want to consider custom pillars as it is only a bit more. it would sound better apart from having it nicer looking.

Bro, reputable bro...reputable.....dont fall for the reviews. There are a lot of GOOD shops arnd. If u know any old birds ask arnd. Spend ur hard earned wisely. Bro the dream 4 is a Class D. SQ wise go for AB class. Rainbow makes very good speakers, U might want to check out Seas Lotus PW series or Focal KR series I think. My 2 cents.

If u are thinking of upgrading in the future, go for the best now and then add on. If upgrading is not in ur mind and u want just an above average sound, then, I would suggest go for a package deal from a good installer. Ur HU is already good enuff. 

Bro,

You seems to hint something or i am reading it wrongly. Apologize for digging up old post as i am reading from page 1.

Care to share the audio shop you go? There is so many recommendation here so what to look out for. I have been to autoimage in the past but i find so so only. Not sure if it is because i am a too low budget person or do a bit by bit upgrade until i also cannot tahan the rojak to my sound system. 

Budget maybe $500-$1K. 

• Component or Coaxial Speaker? Brand/Model: Audio System Evo R series, good? price est?
  • Amp or None? Esatto Comado CO-A4 class D amp, good? price est?
  • Sub or None? Brand/model: Esatto Sub, good? price est?
  • Need DSP? Brand/Model: Esatto Comado CO-D6 DSP, good? price est?

Bro,

You seems to hint something or i am reading it wrongly. Apologize for digging up old post as i am reading from page 1.

Care to share the audio shop you go? There is so many recommendation here so what to look out for. I have been to autoimage in the past but i find so so only. Not sure if it is because i am a too low budget person or do a bit by bit upgrade until i also cannot tahan the rojak to my sound system.

Budget maybe $500-$1K.

• Component or Coaxial Speaker? Brand/Model: Audio System Evo R series, good? price est?
  • Amp or None? Esatto Comado CO-A4 class D amp, good? price est?
  • Sub or None? Brand/model: Esatto Sub, good? price est?
  • Need DSP? Brand/Model: Esatto Comado CO-D6 DSP, good? price est?
My opinions.

Have to decide whether you intend to upgrade at one go to a decent audio system (high initial outlay) or upgrade bit by bit?

Based on your budget, I suppose it would be the latter. If so, I suggest replace your speakers first. Then followed by DSP, Amp and Sub.

On Speakers: Probably only can go for entry level based on your budget. The RRP for Audio System Evo R component is already $688 per pair. But is definitely a good choice. Quality speakers in this $6xx price range includes Rainbow (warm vocals) and Focal (clear vocals)...So depending on your preference.

I had shared on Esatto in another thread. Installed and love it. For sharing.

(1) I assessed much credit should go to the Italy made Esatto DSP as it was far superior than other brands/models that I had tested such as Audison Bit One, Audio System DSP 4.6 and Pioneer DEQ P7650. Not the most expensive of the lot too! Did not test out Rainbow DSP 1.8 as it was out of my budget. And credit too to my installer for taking so much efforts to tune it to my reqts (I.e. a configuration for driver experience when no passengers, and another configuration for family enjoyment when both front and rear seats are occupied. Will be going back to maximise the 8 configurations. Easily selectable thru a hand phone app.

Esatto also has a good Bluetooth direct connection with 3rd party media players or mobile phones to bypass the stock HUs...So nevermind how good or bad the stock HUs are. :-)

Hi GS418,

Thanks for the recommendation and reply. Not sure how a DSP works but maybe i will need a DSP as nowadays all HU are integrated with the car. 

Looking at audio packages around as i do not want to spend too much on car audio. Seems like to have both Amp and Sub will be more than $1K and if include DSP will be even more. 

Hi GS418,

Thanks for the recommendation and reply. Not sure how a DSP works but maybe i will need a DSP as nowadays all HU are integrated with the car.

Looking at audio packages around as i do not want to spend too much on car audio. Seems like to have both Amp and Sub will be more than $1K and if include DSP will be even more.

No worries. And glad to share.

The Esatto DSP comes integrated Amp, so no need to get separately.

If I may humbly suggest based on your budget:

Option 1: ~$1K

- Replace stock speakers with mid tier aftermarket speakers, e.g. Rainbow SLC 6.2 or Audio System Evo component speakers for the front, and same brand coaxial speakers for the rear.

Option 2: ~$2K

- Option 1 + DSP (with integrated Amp) e.g. Esatto DSP.

Option 3: ~$2.5K

- Option 2 + underseat Sub Woofer (many brands available)

If you like more discussion or sharing, feel free to PM me and we can meet up. I'm not affiliated with any shops! Just an interest on ICE for me right now. Cheers.

Hi GS418,

Hard to find

Hi GS418,

based on your budget, dsp will be the last thing.

I would just change to basic speakers, and an add an active subwoofer. There will be some improvements over stock.

consider stretching your budget a bit, and at least try to go for a good 2way passive setup.

• Praise 1

Thanks to those whom replied to my post and advised their recommendation.

I have decided to go with speakers/sub upgrade and shortlisted the following 3 shops based on their reputation, award winning and many other recommendation.

• Soon Lee Audio - STEG speakers MS650C/SQ650 and Venom woofer VX6.8PB package with door sound proofing included.
  • Foon Audio Garge - STEG speakers MS650C/SQ650 and Venom woofer VX6.8PB package with door sound proofing included.
  • Xtremez - STEG speakers MS650C/SQ650 and Prism CS-6MII package without door sound proofing included.

Is STEG a good speaker?