• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
619 replies to this topic | 524 praises

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Lplater
  • Premium member
    Lplater
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am looking for installer to install the following:

1.replace stock speakers in front and rear door with new speakers (3-way front Comp, 2 way coxial rear)

2. install Alpine Amp V12 MRV-F405

3. Install Alpine Underseat subwoofer SWE-1080

4. setup Alpine H701 to my Headunit

I am looking at a 3-way setup and if possible the full 5.1 system.

Anyone know of shop or installer that doesn't chop for such installation?

these are older parts from the early 2000s but they are working well when removed last time, so I like to have them on my car again.

Thanks

Edited by Lplater, 10 June 2019 - 03:34 PM.

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:02 PM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am looking for installer to install the following:

1.replace stock speakers in front and rear door with new speakers (3-way front Comp, 2 way coxial rear)
2. install Alpine Amp V12 MRV-F405
3. Install Alpine Underseat subwoofer SWE-1080
4. setup Alpine H701 to my Headunit

I am looking at a 3-way setup and if possible the full 5.1 system.

Anyone know of shop or installer that doesn't chop for such installation?

these are older parts from the early 2000s but they are working well when removed last time, so I like to have them on my car again.

Thanks

Come for audition

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:50 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No, not normal - but to be precise, it's normal of certain unethical shops. Before commenting further, you'll need to provide more information.

Last year, I called up the installer, who was very friendly on the phone and had no qualm to accept an installation job only and welcome people who buy their own components. I had all the components ready to go, including wiring kit, fuse, etc.... The installer asked me to go show him all the components. He quoted $500 for installation, and never mentioned anything short.

During the installation, they would somehow find something and tell you this and that are needed, or cable is too long, etc... and make you buy their highly-marked up component â holding you ransom in a way.

This practice is highly unethical and should be highlighted for all to know. Even a second job of buying a brand new HU they would ask me to pay for a flimsy $30 12â long damned antenna cable they asked me pay additional in the middle of the installation.

Was it the boss or his worker that did these?
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The shop that I went is JK Audio at Sembawang/Yishun.

Before my visit, I had messaged the installer with a breakdown of items that I want to install and which I will be buying on my own. The price he quoted was reasonable considering I received lower quote on Carousell. Afterall, having a shopfront provides some comfort as compared to freelancer installer who might just disappear when issue occurs.

On the day of installation, he showed me 3 reels of cable and told me the cost of each cable. He added that for best sound quality, I should get the top-end cable, i.e. the most expensive one but the choice is up to me. I took the mid-tier cable. 

At the end of the installation, he mentally quoted me the cost (> $350). Considering (a) he left his screwdriver under my car carpet, (b) did not place the glovebox stopper back at its original position © and did not connect the headlamp wire to the headunit, I am surprised that he can mentally arrive at the cost. 

My needs are pretty simple, shops to hold true to their quoted cost (slight difference is fine). Just hope my encounter is an isolated incident. :)

I used JK Audio some years back to replace a 1DIN unit with a 2DIN Pioneer unit I bought from Mustafa and added a reversing camera, all in he charged me $110. Never tried to upsell me anything I didn't ask for. 

But I also didn't get any free screwdrivers under the carpet......

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

Reo
  • Premium member
    Reo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

They were at it together.  During and at the end of the job, the boss was clearly aware of the "additional" items the men said, and he was the one who tallied up the bill and collected the payment.

Care to explain what you were thinking ?

Was it the boss or his worker that did these?

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They were at it together. During and at the end of the job, the boss was clearly aware of the "additional" items the men said, and he was the one who tallied up the bill and collected the payment.

Care to explain what you were thinking ?

I've known Foon for 12 years and I trust his integrity.

His business is so good that he doesn't need to resort to 小动作 to earn that little bit more margin.

But different people will have different views so I respect that.
Othello praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

Reo
  • Premium member
    Reo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I went to the shop after reading some referrals (read, not detailed reviews by any means) here and after my own experience, I wondered why the big discrepancy for myself and some others who had similar bad experience compared to the rest who thought otherwise.

I reckoned if I'm a noob, who would ask him what I should get, listened to his sales pitch and then throw in some 10k or 20k to go with his recommendations, that might be a different experience.

I respect your view as well but it will be a disservice for the community if other experience is not being reported at the same time.

I've known Foon for 12 years and I trust his integrity.

His business is so good that he doesn't need to resort to 小动作 to earn that little bit more margin.

But different people will have different views so I respect that.

Edited by Reo, 13 June 2019 - 09:51 AM.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

Splinter
  • Splinter
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I used JK Audio some years back to replace a 1DIN unit with a 2DIN Pioneer unit I bought from Mustafa and added a reversing camera, all in he charged me $110. Never tried to upsell me anything I didn't ask for.

But I also didn't get any free screwdrivers under the carpet......

Some years back as compared to my recent experience, does it mean things have changed for the worse?

I am just sharing my own experience and a recent one this year. Others may feel free to share theirs for a fair assessment.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:18 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some years back as compared to my recent experience, does it mean things have changed for the worse?

I am just sharing my own experience and a recent one this year. Others may feel free to share theirs for a fair assessment.

Your experience is valid and valuable, mine less so because it’s been some time ago. If JK has become less good, there is nothing wrong to state so.

Personally I have had no reason to go back recently and that is definitely a good thing for me.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:39 PM

dreadwingsg
  • dreadwingsg
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hello not sure whether anyone encounter before... my Cruze 2012 the infotainment display blackout... so means cant see my reverse cam, cant see other settings on the display. But funny my radio is still working. 

Can anyone recommend go where repair? or really need change the whole stock player?

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

tonychuacl
  • tonychuacl
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Can anyone recommend me an freelance installer? 

My right front speaker cracking when there is bass... don't dare to go to those audio shop, worry that i might get carrot.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can anyone recommend me an freelance installer?
My right front speaker cracking when there is bass... don't dare to go to those audio shop, worry that i might get carrot.

Come to me.

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

Naimed
  • Premium member
    Naimed
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What you wanna tune ?
Which dsp you using?

You are able to do tuning? How about 3-way active setup using old Match PP82 DSP?

What is the latest tuning software currently used by our local tuners? 

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You are able to do tuning? How about 3-way active setup using old Match PP82 DSP?

What is the latest tuning software currently used by our local tuners?

I not too sure what the lastest local tunner used.

Should be pretty standard and able to download from audiotec Fisher.

Do come around and listen to my setup .
If my tunning is to your liking .

All ear have different taste in .music

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:14 PM

mormont
  • mormont
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I also need advice and help from experience Bros

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:37 PM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I also need advice and help from experience Bros

On ????

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:41 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone on helix p6 plus director having the problem of resetting once in a while? All my tune setting gone except the one on the P6.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Shiq
  • Shiq
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi guys, I’ve just gotten my car about a month ago, and the sound is a little flat. Would like to have a more surround sound, like you can hear the music from the front, sides and rear. Would be nice if can hear more details to the music also. I don’t intend to change my headunit as I am happy with it, has CarPlay, Android Auto etc. So my question is, what do I need to change? Just speakers will do? Or more? What are the recommended brands and perhaps shop? Thanks in advance.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys, Iâve just gotten my car about a month ago, and the sound is a little flat. Would like to have a more surround sound, like you can hear the music from the front, sides and rear. Would be nice if can hear more details to the music also. I donât intend to change my headunit as I am happy with it, has CarPlay, Android Auto etc. So my question is, what do I need to change? Just speakers will do? Or more? What are the recommended brands and perhaps shop? Thanks in advance.

If you really interested
Can join the chat group

Arrange for an audition with some of the car owner..

https://chat.whatsap...eDxl4NnwZHaVPRh

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:25 AM

Johnbrown
  • Johnbrown
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Have you searched for the similar product on Amazon? I think you should try once. 

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Aestmod Auto LLP

Aestmod Auto LLP  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by richard_crl032  |  6th Gear

Audiophiles rejoice !!

Finally after 1 year plus of using hard-to-get and expensive russian Android headunit with digital output to my external processor, I chanced upon Aestmod P900SD lsimilarly with digital output which even many branded car HUs like alpine, pioneer etc. Removed except for isolated high end model.

Several positives on the P900SD tha... » Read More

CLH Tyres Trading

CLH Tyres Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AndyYexun  |  Neutral Newbie

Kaisen is very knowledgeable of the different tyres and the use of it. He was very patient in explaining to someone who know nothing about in this field. They are very efficient and reasonably priced. Will definitely recommend to my friends and family! Keep up the good work! » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Audio System - In Car Entertainment

Quick Reply

Tags: sound system, audio, shop and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users