Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

Was quoted the following from Chuan Sing Audio,

1) Helix speakers x 4

2) Mosconi Amp 4 way

3) sub woofer

Abt $1300. Price reasonable ?

Price is reasonable but quite basic setup.

1. Helix speakers are so so in SQ.

2. Mosconi amp not so powerful.

For speakers I suggests Morel or Ground Zero, price reasonable and acceptable sound quality.

For amp try ground zero - they have budget range available.

When u say Helix x 4 what u mean? 4 x coaxial? Or 2 sets of 2-way.

Important is what's your Budget ? A good shop will tell u the best equipments to buy based on your Budget.

I have a Hertz HDP5 Amp to let go. Used only 6 months.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just changed my car battery.

And was shocked..... by the huge difference in Sound quality. The dynamics, slam/impact, especially from my 12" subwoofer in my boot, was unbelievable.

• Praise 1

And was shocked..... by the huge difference in Sound quality. The dynamics, slam/impact, especially from my 12" subwoofer in my boot, was unbelievable.

Yes. Immediate increase in volume and power/impact. What battery did u change? What amp are u using ?

Steven, something must be wrong with your previous battery then? Cheers.

Steven, something must be wrong with your previous battery then? Cheers.

Yes, battery was at the end of it's life. Car's electronics warning came up and some features auto-disabled. Changed it during my servicing on Friday. No idea what battery was changed to. Using Audison Prima AP8.9 and Rockford Amp for the subwoofer.

Yes, battery was at the end of it's life. Car's electronics warning came up and some features auto-disabled. Changed it during my servicing on Friday. No idea what battery was changed to. Using Audison Prima AP8.9 and Rockford Amp for the subwoofer.

Hey Steve,

Noted and tks !

Cheers.

You can do a price check here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&cat=6

Try to go to a reputable audio shop with qualified staff who can do a proper job tuning a car audio system and do decent sound proofing. Heard Chuan Sing is good. I regretted going to a 'recommended merchant' who didnt do a good job on my ride.

This is considered cheap in my opinion because I have experience where I just paid for Amplifier and Sub woofer for $1.5K

Hertz is crap. Definitely Morel is better.

I using morel now its seems adequate since changing car thinking whether i should try something else any other brands to recommend. anyway i am changing the speakers without amplifer. just want improvement compare to stock. seems like local not much brands online also hard to find review locally. Saw rainbow, focal, morel, pioneer. 

I using morel now its seems adequate since changing car thinking whether i should try something else any other brands to recommend. anyway i am changing the speakers without amplifer. just want improvement compare to stock. seems like local not much brands online also hard to find review locally. Saw rainbow, focal, morel, pioneer. 

Morels are power hungry and need decent amplification to sing well. Stegs, Ground Zero, Mosconis are pretty decent amps. If you are going to just run speakers without amps they are just not going to perform at their optimal thus compromising quality. Mee goreng without mee will never be a mee goreng. All ingredients are just as important. ICE is very addictive, be advised. Upgrade in small steps, or like me, just get it all done and live to enjoy the music. Happy Icing.

• Praise 1

If no amplifier might as well don't change. You will not hear any difference. Good speakers without amp is equal to stock. Not so good speakers same as stock.

Morels are power hungry and need decent amplification to sing well. Stegs, Ground Zero, Mosconis are pretty decent amps. If you are going to just run speakers without amps they are just not going to perform at their optimal thus compromising quality. Mee goreng without mee will never be a mee goreng. All ingredients are just as important. ICE is very addictive, be advised. Upgrade in small steps, or like me, just get it all done and live to enjoy the music. Happy Icing.

Yes get it all done for once and enjoy it in years to come. The sound quality is beyond money can buy. I spent about $10K and no regrets.

If not changing amp, then just get the hertz.. installer will most likely try and sell you those with higher margins anyway..

Else, u may try dls or focal. They have decent entry level speakers too.

If not changing amp, then just get the hertz.. installer will most likely try and sell you those with higher margins anyway..

Else, u may try dls or focal. They have decent entry level speakers too.

From my experience lower end speakers without amp has no difference from stock. It's a waste of money. For noticeable sound quality , have to get into the range of $1-2K for a pair of 2-way speakers.

Soundproofing is also important, if not any million dollar speakers will just sound like crap when going on the road.

From my experience lower end speakers without amp has no difference from stock. It's a waste of money. For noticeable sound quality , have to get into the range of $1-2K for a pair of 2-way speakers.

Soundproofing is also important, if not any million dollar speakers will just sound like crap when going on the road.

U only spend 10k and want to speak like a pro ah... u know one of the bro. In this chat spent 60k and he doesnt even say speakers are crap?

Spend another 10k to see what the ICE industry is all about here.. if u have time go see US car audio forum for more independent review

Edited by Budgetice
  • Praise 1

U only spend 10k and want to speak like a pro ah... u know one of the bro. In this chat spent 60k and he doesnt even say speakers are crap?

Spend another 10k to see what the ICE industry is all about here.. if u have time go see US car audio forum for more independent review

Brother....brother relek lah...its Friday mah. Its ok, spend $1 or $100K, as long as you enjoy whats being dished out. Your own ears are the greatest critic. If all else fails, just get a good pair of headphones, I would recommend ATH-M50 if on a budget or HiFi Man He-400i with headphone amplifier Oppo or Fiio E17K paired with E09K. Jajajajajajaja. Don't flame me.....just to lighten things up. Have fun brothers.

Brother....brother relek lah...its Friday mah. Its ok, spend $1 or $100K, as long as you enjoy whats being dished out. Your own ears are the greatest critic. If all else fails, just get a good pair of headphones, I would recommend ATH-M50 if on a budget or HiFi Man He-400i with headphone amplifier Oppo or Fiio E17K paired with E09K. Jajajajajajaja. Don't flame me.....just to lighten things up. Have fun brothers.

Im ok.. the real audiophile all hidden dragon de.. wont flaunt their setup.. lol

U are right man.. ur ears are more impt..

One day when his installer changes the brand he is selling, his installer would be telling him his 10k setup will is crap

My previous ride stock speakers are just crap with paper cones, the upgrade maximo morel really can tell the difference. Maybe i should just ask the workshop to port over my maximo morel to the new car and replace a very cheap speaker for my old car and get an amplifier.

any entry level amplifer you guys can recommend preferably one that can slot under the seat. Mine is a MPV 7 seater so no boot to place the amplifier when all the seats are up.

Edited by Jasyu
↡ Advertisement