Freebies for Buying New Car

car138

some folks want to ask what is the market pratice or price for a gauge before going down to negotiate their own package. like my friend, first time car owner, asked me so many questions on the servicing to-do and prices before making way to the workshop. he say he afraid kena ketuk. but the final price he paid, I also think he gotten ketuk.

if u are meant to be ketuk, you will be ketuk no matter how much preparation or research u have done [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

if u are meant to be ketuk, you will be ketuk no matter how much preparation or research u have done [laugh]

Take it as tuition fee lor. I'm sure all of us were ketuk before when we first started car ownership, learn to be wiser as we move on.

haha precisely........I feel waste of my finger muscles answering so much whatsapps messages to help him when end of day he still kena ketuk.

Some of the free items like sports rims, solar film, servicing are not given by the SE but already included in the AD package. It means you are already paying for it in the listed price. Such items are usually indicated in the brochure or advertisements.

What and how much the SE gives are not listed openly and usually depends on his/her hunger to close the deal. These are the real freebies cos you get it while others don't despite paying same price for the same car.

Back in 2007, i only managed ti get arm rest from my kah motor SE for jazz. It is best to ask people who bought the same car for their experiences what are the items that the SE potentially can give. Good place to start is the specific forum for that brand/model.

To be more knowledgeable on the particular car your are interested in, the car forum provides a vast information from the owners who are actively share their experience on their rides. I think it is the positive aspect of our internet age. I learnt a lot from them as well.

However, personally, I only come to know about the forum 3 months after I bought my new ride. Yet, I can make informed decision on the mod, accessories and workshop suitable for my ride from that time onward. Met and befriend with a lot of like-minded bros too....

Having said that, I find my deal was not that bad from a PI, I got reverse camera, China-made touch screen HU, Taiwan sport rim (though only 15"), tinted solar film, armrest, leather seat as those are the standard offer then. I should have had my rim upgraded to 17" :). BTW my rides is Honda Stream bought in 2008....and it is the between basic and sport model. The SE could not tell me the complete difference between the model I purchased and the sport model with the S$5-6k top up. Otherwise I would go for the sport model.... :)

Edited by Janling3

And a free one night stay with SE if she is a chio [gorgeous]

That's bcos for that price, you have paid for everything u requested for.

Yah true! The more rare and expensive car the more u can get free gifts

Errmmm,... got free [gorgeous] ??

ha ha, are you buying a car with [gorgeous] bonus (gimmick) or buying [gorgeous] with a car as bonus? very misleading leh [dizzy]

Edited by Janling3

Considering the car price freebees are peanut. That should not be the determine factors for choosing a car.

Well, for me I would still like freebies even though they may be accounted into the AD's margin already. After all, it makes the end consumer feel good about the deal.

With car prices nowadays I don't think there's much in the way of 'freebies' anymore.

Mainly because:

1) Many things are already included in the high price you pay

2) People who can afford to be in the market for new cars now are less likely to be the gian png type, want this want that. They can already afford $50,000 minimum cash down to buy car, why they want to haggle for a few hundred dollars worth of stuff?

With car prices nowadays I don't think there's much in the way of 'freebies' anymore.

Mainly because:

1) Many things are already included in the high price you pay

2) People who can afford to be in the market for new cars now are less likely to be the gian png type, want this want that. They can already afford $50,000 minimum cash down to buy car, why they want to haggle for a few hundred dollars worth of stuff?

people drive 5 series goes into fighting over $2, let alone few hundred dollars worth of stuff! [laugh]

p.s never point to porker hor

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Which are the most common freebies to ask for when to new purchase and the SE also very likely to agree on the freebies as well ?

Edited by Char

Which are the most common freebies to ask for when to new purchase and the SE also very likely to agree on the freebies as well ?

Is it AD or PI?

If PI then could be WORRIES if not careful 😄

All types of cars ...

Turbocharged

best if you post in the thread relevant to the car you are plotting to bargain on.

Most will give you solar film (for windows) or in-car camera as these are the two things that are frequently considered necessities in today's contexts.

Parallel importers will probably also give you head unit since most PI cars come with empty double-DIN instead of factory audio system.

Some larger dealers may issue you service credit.

Maybe some will even give you little cosmetic accessories up to certain value. E.g. ask for free scuff plate.

Edited by 7hm