Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Hey Sonata Gurus

Check with you all; When we flick the side mirror selector to L/R it should tilt upon reverse right. 

I leave my selector to L and mine does that ok nice. But then sometimes put to P after entering the lot or back to D, it comes back up even higher than the original setting. (Left side only)

This doesn't always happen.

Is it after I engage reverse need to set the memory again or anything? As far as I know the memory should be set only in P mode right.

↡ Advertisement

Our head unit is locally fitted while the other versions u mentioned are factory fitted. Believe this is done this way here to bring down the omv.

If it last only 1-2years only, then the quality is really quite bad. Should relook at supplier. Not good for brand building...

It was done to keep with the German brands which all come with larger screens and to outdo the Japanese which came with smaller screens... in the end, it's a price competitive measure... neither here nor there... I always prefer factory fitted head units... the unit on my Subaru Impreza lasted until I traded it in for the Sonata... certainly this Sonata head unit is a cheap China-brand unit... many features, but quality may not be as good... I don't really know yet... could just be my unit... I'm the only one here to report this fault so far...

Hey Sonata Gurus

Check with you all; When we flick the side mirror selector to L/R it should tilt upon reverse right. 

I leave my selector to L and mine does that ok nice. But then sometimes put to P after entering the lot or back to D, it comes back up even higher than the original setting. (Left side only)

This doesn't always happen.

Is it after I engage reverse need to set the memory again or anything? As far as I know the memory should be set only in P mode right.

Actually I don't know if the wing mirror position can be memorised or not... the car manual has nothing on it at all... I also realised recently that when I engage reverse gear, and I change the position of the mirror, when I put to P and then R, the position goes back to the default position...

It was done to keep with the German brands which all come with larger screens and to outdo the Japanese which came with smaller screens... in the end, it's a price competitive measure... neither here nor there... I always prefer factory fitted head units... the unit on my Subaru Impreza lasted until I traded it in for the Sonata... certainly this Sonata head unit is a cheap China-brand unit... many features, but quality may not be as good... I don't really know yet... could just be my unit... I'm the only one here to report this fault so far...

Actually I don't know if the wing mirror position can be memorised or not... the car manual has nothing on it at all... I also realised recently that when I engage reverse gear, and I change the position of the mirror, when I put to P and then R, the position goes back to the default position...

Yea it memorises the wing. My 1 and 2 different setting for me and my girlfriend.

But sometimes is screws up and point to the sky lol

Oh... ok ok... I must reset it again... cos I wanted it to point further down... points to the sky??? That's quite funny... I never had this problem leh... ha ha ha...

Yea haha it's a bit stupid. And I hate how you have to put to P just adjust :/ they should've just made it 0km/h.

Sometimes I don't realise after moving off. And then I have to purposely stop and put to P.

Let me dig up the manual... need to find... see if I can upload the manual...

Anyway my GPS software just crashed... a few days ago I tried to use it... it hanged at the splash screen for like forever... so I left it and turned off my engine... now when I press the navigation button, the screen just blinks... and returns to the music page... there was some pop up window in Chinese which I can't read cos I was driving and it was something to do with the exe file... I suspect that crashed... looks like have to send back to Komoco to reset or what... sian... one day in workshop again...

Hey Bro

My GPS crashed today too. I was driving northwards on CTE just going into Clemenceau exit.

Anyway it popped up some naviq.exe and some chinese words thing

But i pressed the "NAV" hard button for like 2-3 times and bam it worked again lol. What a mystery.

Just sent in the car... four items:

1) Restore navigation software

2) Check rattling in right wing mirror

3) Check chemical smell for aircon

4) Check battery condition

Sent in 8.00 am. ETA 1 pm...

Aircon filter change costs $67. Filter change plus cleaning is $105. Will probably pay for it. Aircon filter lifespan is 20,000 km apparently.

Battery under warranty for 2 years or 40,000 km whichever comes first. Hopefully they change it.

Will report here once I get the car back in the afternoon... sigh... taking train now like the proletariat... ha ha ha... just kidding...

Edited by teomingern

Just sent in the car... four items:

1) Restore navigation software

2) Check rattling in right wing mirror

3) Check chemical smell for aircon

4) Check battery condition

Sent in 8.00 am. ETA 1 pm...

Aircon filter change costs $67. Filter change plus cleaning is $105. Will probably pay for it. Aircon filter lifespan is 20,000 km apparently.

Battery under warranty for 2 years or 40,000 km whichever comes first. Hopefully they change it.

Will report here once I get the car back in the afternoon... sigh... taking train now like the proletariat... ha ha ha... just kidding...

Haha your aircon got sweet smell come out alr ah?

Or is it vinegar acid smell at start Up. Cause if that's the case like mine the cleaning by them is useless don't pay for it lol

Edited by Nuttywalnutty

Haha your aircon got sweet smell come out alr ah?

Or is it vinegar acid smell at start Up. Cause if that's the case like mine the cleaning by them is useless don't pay for it lol

I don't smell anything... it's the OC who wants to vomit every time she sits in the car... so just got a call from the customer service officer and they propose changing the aircon filter and recycling the air within the system... it's ok lar... this type of money got to spend... OC mah... hahaha...

I don't smell anything... it's the OC who wants to vomit every time she sits in the car... so just got a call from the customer service officer and they propose changing the aircon filter and recycling the air within the system... it's ok lar... this type of money got to spend... OC mah... hahaha...

Haha I see.

Anyway next time I help you change luh 30 dollar for filter labour 1x coke zero can already lol

Haha I see.

Anyway next time I help you change luh 30 dollar for filter labour 1x coke zero can already lol

Oh I also say... didn't think of buying the part before hand... sigh...

Anyway, now can collect car only 4-5 pm... they need to remove steering wheel... the rattling sound comes from the right side switch stalk area...

Oh I also say... didn't think of buying the part before hand... sigh...

Anyway, now can collect car only 4-5 pm... they need to remove steering wheel... the rattling sound comes from the right side switch stalk area...

Well let's hope all is good soon!

By the way if you collect and free can help me ask if they have replacement for the rear right lamp lol.

Mine cracked :(

Well let's hope all is good soon!

By the way if you collect and free can help me ask if they have replacement for the rear right lamp lol.

Mine cracked :(

Oh dear... what happened? I'll ask them to check stock if they are not too busy... they still haven't called me to collect the car... it's 4.30 pm already... gave Komoco a call... still not ready... cry...

Oh dear... what happened? I'll ask them to check stock if they are not too busy... they still haven't called me to collect the car... it's 4.30 pm already... gave Komoco a call... still not ready... cry...

Beats me. Just now I open the boot and the brake lights were on. I noticed there was a crack line. Sian.

Haha so odd that it takes so long to fix a mirror. Must be a real busy day.

Beats me. Just now I open the boot and the brake lights were on. I noticed there was a crack line. Sian.

Haha so odd that it takes so long to fix a mirror. Must be a real busy day.

It isn't the mirror... post here when I get home... on the train to collect the car now...

Hi bro,

Sorry only got time to update now...

The rattling was traced to the right side steering control panel. They dismantled the steering wheel and put it back but the rattling was still present. So Komoco has decided to replace the entire steering wheel (which includes the airbag)... my word... that's for Hyundai warranty, yeah!

Also the aircon smells a bit fresher now... but the OC hasn't sat in it yet... update later...

The GPS software was fixed, everything is ok now... just corrupted software...

Battery is still good with 18 months on it... it's 40,000 km or 2 years which ever comes first - battery warranty... will send in next March before 24 months to get them to check...

Finally, I got down only at 5.30 pm and the parts department was closed... this is the direct dial number 64793335. Tell them your vehicle license plate number and they'll advice accordingly...

Cheers!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1