Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Hi bro,

Sorry only got time to update now...

The rattling was traced to the right side steering control panel. They dismantled the steering wheel and put it back but the rattling was still present. So Komoco has decided to replace the entire steering wheel (which includes the airbag)... my word... that's for Hyundai warranty, yeah!

Also the aircon smells a bit fresher now... but the OC hasn't sat in it yet... update later...

The GPS software was fixed, everything is ok now... just corrupted software...

Battery is still good with 18 months on it... it's 40,000 km or 2 years which ever comes first - battery warranty... will send in next March before 24 months to get them to check...

Finally, I got down only at 5.30 pm and the parts department was closed... this is the direct dial number 64793335. Tell them your vehicle license plate number and they'll advice accordingly...

Cheers!!!

Thanks bro!

Great stuff! That makes me happy. Our warranty works lol

↡ Advertisement

Yeah... actually for my last Elantra (2002 to 2007), the warranty was just as well honoured...

I didn't mention that for this Sonata, the two sunshades were also replaced as the mirrors kept popping out... also under warranty and no charge...

Edited by teomingern

Sonata Fam

Check with you all. The boot has 2 levers to release the back seats right.

I'm not sure if this is normal but for mine I pull them and they don't drop. I have to open the rear doors and pull them down.

My old volkswagen's ones just dropped right down.

Sonata Fam

Check with you all. The boot has 2 levers to release the back seats right.

I'm not sure if this is normal but for mine I pull them and they don't drop. I have to open the rear doors and pull them down.

My old volkswagen's ones just dropped right down.

Ah yes... the seats won't drop right down... need to pull the seats down... I don't know why the difference... but my last Elantra also like that... so was my Impreza... perhaps it's just the Asian way of doing things...

Ah yes... the seats won't drop right down... need to pull the seats down... I don't know why the difference... but my last Elantra also like that... so was my Impreza... perhaps it's just the Asian way of doing things...

Haha and I thought mine were spoilt. Oh well good news then.

My mirror still behaves stupidly. Put to reverse tilt down. It when I out to P after reversing in it goes back way up and points to the sky lol

Haha and I thought mine were spoilt. Oh well good news then.

My mirror still behaves stupidly. Put to reverse tilt down. It when I out to P after reversing in it goes back way up and points to the sky lol

Definitely take the car in to Kimono. Still under warranty...

Anyway my OC gave the thumbs up... The smell is greatly diminished and she doesn't feel like vomiting anymore. That's great... I may do some upholstery cleaning to get rid of the 'new car smell', which isn't very pleasant for her either.

Well let's hope all is good soon!

By the way if you collect and free can help me ask if they have replacement for the rear right lamp lol.

Mine cracked :(

Chanced upon this thread and not sure if my advise is still relevant.

If you wish to purchase the tamp, please call their stockist like Song Yi instead of buying straight from Komoco as the exact item is likely to cost 2-3 times more.

Chanced upon this thread and not sure if my advise is still relevant.

If you wish to purchase the tamp, please call their stockist like Song Yi instead of buying straight from Komoco as the exact item is likely to cost 2-3 times more.

Thanks but we are aware of that! Ha ha... but if you buy from stockists, Komoco may not want to replace it for you... with the rear lamp cluster, must be more careful with installation due to waterproofing issues...

Thanks but we are aware of that! Ha ha... but if you buy from stockists, Komoco may not want to replace it for you... with the rear lamp cluster, must be more careful with installation due to waterproofing issues...

Actually they will install for you as long as you purchased the original products from stockists.

I did that with my previous Hyundai during the warranty period.  [laugh]  

Actually they will install for you as long as you purchased the original products from stockists.

I did that with my previous Hyundai during the warranty period. [laugh]

Ah... but I asked if they will install the fog lamps with the original signal stalk but they said no...

Ah... but I asked if they will install the fog lamps with the original signal stalk but they said no...

I'm assuming your car originally does not come with the fog lamps with the signal stalk. In that case they will probably not install for you even if the items were original since it constitute as "modification" to certain extend.

Can always call to clarify with them. If a 1 minute phone call can save 50%, why not ?  [laugh]  [laugh]

Oh ya.. I brought my own filter and washer for my Tucson 10k servicing too. No questions asked.

I'm assuming your car originally does not come with the fog lamps with the signal stalk. In that case they will probably not install for you even if the items were original since it constitute as "modification" to certain extend.

Can always call to clarify with them. If a 1 minute phone call can save 50%, why not ? [laugh][laugh]

Oh ya.. I brought my own filter and washer for my Tucson 10k servicing too. No questions asked.

I did ask when I send in my car for servicing... a bit crazy... they can dismantle the steering wheel to check for rattling but can't install the fog lamps which are original parts... sigh...

After the last servicing where they fixed my faulty navigation software, when I turn off the engine and the head unit shuts down, there's a mechanical whirring, short-lived screeching sound... sounds almost like some mechanical part spinning to a stop... I wonder if it's the DVD player... sigh... must remind my dad to get them to check when they replace the steering wheel this coming Tue...

Anyone got this issue?

I got the steering wheel replaced... very good now... no rattling sound anymore... but my Dad forgot to mention the screeching sound plus the intermittent non-functioning in car camera... looks like I got to send in again... sigh...

Mine so far so good.

Looks like the quality of the local installed head unit not so good.

Yeah... I feel it's not as good but I mean good enough for me lar... got all the functions I want...

I got the steering wheel replaced... very good now... no rattling sound anymore... but my Dad forgot to mention the screeching sound plus the intermittent non-functioning in car camera... looks like I got to send in again... sigh...

Yeah... I feel it's not as good but I mean good enough for me lar... got all the functions I want...

Good that you solve your rattling issue, at least the warranty is honored. 

Hope mine dun start surfacing those issues you mentioned on the headunit. So far happy with it.

You are right, no complains on functions. Sometimes, all these after market add-on (especially electronic gadgets) locally is luck.

Oh you didnt go down yourself? Can take chance to touch and feel the facelift haha.

Good that you solve your rattling issue, at least the warranty is honored. 

Hope mine dun start surfacing those issues you mentioned on the headunit. So far happy with it.

You are right, no complains on functions. Sometimes, all these after market add-on (especially electronic gadgets) locally is luck.

Oh you didnt go down yourself? Can take chance to touch and feel the facelift haha.

Oh I touch it and sat in it already lar... not difference mah... interior wise it is identical... the centre stack looks more blink with the fake metal accents which I dislike cos they look cheap and reflects sunlight when driving on NSHW... I'm glad I got mine at the price I paid... the current model also loses some stuff which I like - the cover for the bottom cubby hole in the centre stack cos of the wireless charging pad? Collects dust no end I tell you... the striped inserts on the doors looks terribly fake, our fake carbon fibre looks more atas... the steering wheel looks really ugly now... I have no idea why they must "up-bling " the car... I prefer a more muted look... the new grille is nice, the rear not so good...

↡ Advertisement