Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Thanks for sharing. I do agree that is not the way of testing power. What really impress me is the suspension and traction control.

Ask the SE to cruise at 60km/h, then step on the throttle hard. Immediately can see that it is underpower. Can hear the engine screaming, but the speed climb reaction is [sleeping] The problem is the gearbox is slow to react and the mid range torque is not there. Thatz what I do during the test drive.

No crazy 0-100km/h test, that does not show if the car is underpowered.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Ask the SE to cruise at 60km/h, then step on the throttle hard. Immediately can see that it is underpower. Can hear the engine screaming, but the speed climb reaction is [sleeping] The problem is the gearbox is slow to react and the mid range torque is not there. Thatz what I do during the test drive.

No crazy 0-100km/h test, that does not show if the car is underpowered.

Hmm actually 0-100 is more of power.

From what you describe, it's probably more of the gearbox issue.

My accord is almost exactly same horses and same torque. Wt of the car is sama sama also.

I agree, only reason i don't mind the relative lack of power in my car to the TC engines is that i find the accord gearbox steps up and down quickly compared to the previous cars i've driven or test driven.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

They should bring in the ones with GDI engines and not the MPIs.

For whatever reason, maybe for distinction, only the i40 Tourer have a GDi engine, specifically a Nu-series in Singapore. Wonder why... but it's one of the reasons the i40 is much more attractive to me compared to the Sonata

Hypersonic

For whatever reason, maybe for distinction, only the i40 Tourer have a GDi engine, specifically a Nu-series in Singapore. Wonder why... but it's one of the reasons the i40 is much more attractive to me compared to the Sonata

i40 wagon are designed in Europe and mainly for Europe market...

Supercharged

I dunno y they bring in a sonata which is the lowest n slowest of all sonatas..

Prob i was impressed by hyundai usa. 3 good choices. 2.4. 1.6 eco t n 2.0t.

Here they bring in only a sub 2.0.

Camry 2.0 is so underpowered n seems like komoco dun learn. Only bring in 1 model.

Haiz

I am thinking to get a Sonta after getting my Accent 1.4A. The current selling price is S$128999 after $1K discount for loyalty customer.

They changed the name back to sonata from i45? How come Korean cars keeps changing their car model name?

In korea, it was always know as Sonata. The i45 was YF Sonata.

They changed the name back to sonata from i45? How come Korean cars keeps changing their car model name?

Korean cars have different names for their models outside their domestic market. Like the Elantra is know as Avante over there.

Edited by FinalNitro

Korean cars have different names for their models outside their domestic market. Like the Elantra is know as Avante over there.

But they didn't follow the same name used outside their domestic market. Like from elantra to avante and now back to elantra?!

But they didn't follow the same name used outside their domestic market. Like from elantra to avante and now back to elantra?!

Haha that I really got no idea what they are doing. I wonder if its local dealer or the Korean HQ..

Turbocharged

They probably change back to "Sonata" instead of i45 because of the apparent negative association of i40 (taxi).

Turbocharged

It has been almost a year since it launched. So far I hardly see any on the road, guess their sales was bad.

It's probably still suffering from the stigma of being a korean car and having the same name as a prolific generation of taxis.

And most singaporeans looking for a large saloon will think of Camry, Accord or E-Class... or BMW 5ser

• Praise 1

I am thinking to get a Sonta after getting my Accent 1.4A. The current selling price is S$128999 after $1K discount for loyalty customer.

Just pay 10k more for a Camry. Camry is a much more refined car especially when we are paying so much for cars in Singapore.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just pay 10k more for a Camry. Camry is a much more refined car especially when we are paying so much for cars in Singapore.

You might be surprised actually at the refinement of the Sonata. Furthermore it is well equipped with features the Camry neglects to offer.

IMHO, Sonata is also the much better looking car, in and out. But sadly it still does not have the brand image that the Camry holds.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 6