Suzuki Solio and S-Cross launch

Hotnyh

Supercharged

Went down to have a look with ren_yeo.

They are moving showroom to AML building as of 1st May.

The Solio was a real surprise! It was huge. Although it looks like a kei car it's more like a Honda Mobilo. Walk through passage from the front row to the rear is possible. 4 airbags, HID(!) headlamps, 1.2L engine, CVT, made in Japan. Possibly selling around $102K if the COE drops a bit. $108k for now

The S-Cross is built in Hungary and is a Euro specced car. Shod with 17" Continental Tyres. 7 airbags, 3 variants. Base model FWD. 2 AWD models, top model has a twin sunroof. HIDs, DRLs, sat nav, rear cam, cruise control, factory bluetooth. Looks a lot larger than the old SX4. Price ranges from 128-136K at current COE. Top model OMV >20,000.

The Solio was the one that surprised me. Perhaps it will sell better than I thought as it is incredibly spacious and should be cheap to run. 19km/L supposedly.

hmm... if the car is big, the engine 1.2L CVT, full load (ie 5 adults including driver), will be under powered or not? [confused]

19KM/L is pure highway driving ah? [confused]

Yup, unless COEs moderate, Suzuki sales will continue to trickle...

One more car they will launch in the near future is the SX4 sedan replacement.

Previously seen as the Authentics concept car, the newest concept (at the China motor show) is called the Alivio and looks close to production ready.. looking a bit more plain now.. The swoopy LED BMW 5 series lights are gone.

alivio051-630x317.jpg

alivio091-630x322.jpg

Seems like it will be a Civic sized car, running a 1.6L 6 speed auto box.

http://paultan.org/2014/04/23/suzuki-concept-alivio-sx4-sedan-grows/

hmm... no interior pics leh. [sleeping]

(edited)

It's big on the inside small on the outside... possible because of the very boxy shape and upright seats. It's a light weight- just over 1000kg and has about 91bhp. It should move adequately quickly for town driving. Can't say for sure as it was not available for test drive as not homologated with LTA till sometime this week.

It's not a car that boy racers would like I'm sure. Heck it looks like it might tip over if you turn too violently or if a strong side wind hit it. It looks good for the school run or for fetching aged parents though (the floor is really close to the ground- easy to get in).

I can't find any interior shots of the Alivio- it's just a concept car at this stage. There aren't any shots of the earlier concept models as well (the Authentics).

Edited by Hotnyh

Supersonic

Went down to have a look with ren_yeo.

They are moving showroom to AML building as of 1st May.

The Solio was a real surprise! It was huge. Although it looks like a kei car it's more like a Honda Mobilo. Walk through passage from the front row to the rear is possible. 4 airbags, HID(!) headlamps, 1.2L engine, CVT, made in Japan. Possibly selling around $102K if the COE drops a bit. $108k for now

The S-Cross is built in Hungary and is a Euro specced car. Shod with 17" Continental Tyres. 7 airbags, 3 variants. Base model FWD. 2 AWD models, top model has a twin sunroof. HIDs, DRLs, sat nav, rear cam, cruise control, factory bluetooth. Looks a lot larger than the old SX4. Price ranges from 128-136K at current COE. Top model OMV >20,000.

The Solio was the one that surprised me. Perhaps it will sell better than I thought as it is incredibly spacious and should be cheap to run. 19km/L supposedly.

Is the Solio a 6 seater? Thanks.

Is the Solio a 6 seater? Thanks.

Nope. It's a 5 seater. But the passengers will have lots of room for their legs.

saw the ad on suzuki singapore's webpage. i must say i am interested in the solio! looks really nice actually. i like how it is quite boxy (it is a love-or-hate thing) which makes the interior really spacious.. youtube has a video on the solio:

latest pricing on their website is 99k.. still high for a small car like that...

sigh...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

saw the ad on suzuki singapore's webpage. i must say i am interested in the solio! looks really nice actually. i like how it is quite boxy (it is a love-or-hate thing) which makes the interior really spacious.. youtube has a video on the solio:

latest pricing on their website is 99k.. still high for a small car like that...

sigh...

Is it a trend now for the front grill to have a transparent plastic below the logo. like the new harrier front grill.

• Praise 2

very tempted to go showroom and look see look see..

Please do! Then come back and post your test drive findings!

Hypersonic

interesting..but can the solio climb up Genting? worry stuck halfway wif full load passengers..

A Kalisa or Kencil can go up Genting why this cannot.

• Praise 1

(edited)

It's big on the inside small on the outside... possible because of the very boxy shape and upright seats. It's a light weight- just over 1000kg and has about 91bhp. It should move adequately quickly for town driving. Can't say for sure as it was not available for test drive as not homologated with LTA till sometime this week.

It's not a car that boy racers would like I'm sure. Heck it looks like it might tip over if you turn too violently or if a strong side wind hit it. It looks good for the school run or for fetching aged parents though (the floor is really close to the ground- easy to get in).

I can't find any interior shots of the Alivio- it's just a concept car at this stage. There aren't any shots of the earlier concept models as well (the Authentics).

Suzuki-Alivio-dashboard-spied-in-China-o

Suzuki-Alivio-rear-AC-vent-spied-in-Chin

Looks like it will have rear a/c

Those were taken in China. In India the hi spec variant loses the dual rear exhaust but gains auto a/c and a nicer head unit

Spied-Maruti-Ciaz-Delhi-center-console.j

Edited by Hotnyh

their spec sheet says no.

Suzuki-Alivio-dashboard-spied-in-China-o

Suzuki-Alivio-rear-AC-vent-spied-in-Chin

Looks like it will have rear a/c

Those were taken in China. In India the hi spec variant loses the dual rear exhaust but gains auto a/c and a nicer head unit

Spied-Maruti-Ciaz-Delhi-center-console.j

Hang on the pictures are for the Alivio. Not the S-Cross and Solio.
Alivio is still in testing stage. Not yet released but looks like it will be out for China and India first.

For Solio, its been awhile since K-cars in the market. WagonR was a big thing then.

Yes at this high COE time, the Solio seems expensive, but its relative, all cars r expensive now, right?

So, if you need a simple A to B car for a small famiy, this might be ideal for a sub 100k budget.

and design and look is always subjective. :)

• Praise 1

price is still abit on the high side, no?

should have considered it when it was just sub-100k. now it is about 104k...

Edited by Igto
  • Praise 1