How to protect paint work on a new car?

Geck0

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I just collected my car and would like to know how I can protect the paint work.

Can I apply Synthetic Paint Sealant?

Thanks for advice in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Congrats on your new ride. There are a number of paint protection systems that you can consider, some are pretty good but can be costly, do a search for vendors.

Not too sure what paint sealant you will be applying, but if unsure, consulting the professionals and letting them do it for you would be a better option.

Supercharged

just to share

instead of paint sealant, i intend to do something else.

i just sent my car for respray a week ago, will probably be done in 2 weeks time.

my initial wedding photos was some time in June but thanks to my wife, got to delay till Oct..

In between, i may use the car for long distance trip.

furthermore, mine was lowered.

knowing myself, the new paint will bound to suffer..

so what i intend to do, i gonna use paint protective film.

basically, it is a thin and virtually invisible urethane film.

Common application will be headlight, window films and now, paint work.

it don't cost much, i got mine from taobao.

thickness is 0.4mm, similar as vinyl.

hope this helps.

Hi,

I just collected my car and would like to know how I can protect the paint work.

daily car washing with soap and quick water-base waxing will be good or probably you would like to additional coatings above your clear coat? you can try CS-II'S Ceramic or titanium paint protection coatings....you can find out more with this link: http://www.cs2singapore.com/video.html after you applied this coating you just have to use plain water to flush away the dirts and microfiber cloth to dry.

But bare in mind...some idiotic drivers that parks beside you loves to wing their doors very hard and hit your doors (thats when dents will start appearing) when your ride is clean.....

post-138108-0-85959700-1398413199.jpg

Hi,

Geck0, it is always good to at least apply a layer of paint sealant when the car is new.

I used to be a hardcore detailer but due to my busy work schedule, I wash the car once a week, wipe dry and spray on a layer of either quick detailer or spray wax.

About once a month or so, i will do a clay and use an All in one product which has a little sealant with mild cleaner in it.

• Praise 1

Hi Geck0, This video might help you... Featuring Sonax Xtreme Series of Wax 1, 2, 3.

Waxingarrow-10x10.png Your Car?

DO - IT - YOURSELF

STEP 1

Wash Your Car

Now, all the loose dirt is gone, Feel the surfacearrow-10x10.png of your car...

Is it smootharrow-10x10.png? post-143060-0-87552400-1398662485.jpg post-143060-0-49934200-1398662492.jpg Is it rough

STEP 2

If it's smooth you can now proceedarrow-10x10.png in waxing your car

STEP 3

If it's not smooth enougharrow-10x10.png,then your car need to be claybarred.

Sonax Spray and Clayarrow-10x10.png will give you a

slick finish on the surfacearrow-10x10.png of your car,

Once you reacharrow-10x10.png the desired slickness then you

may proceed in waxing your car

post-143060-0-33633400-1398662374.jpg post-143060-0-19469000-1398662555.jpg post-143060-0-18049400-1398662388.jpg

Applyarrow-10x10.png wax in a VERY THIN layer. If you put it on too thick, it wont come off without a lot of work.

The idea is to spread it as far as it will go. It will look like just a very thin film on the cararrow-10x10.png

The questionarrow-10x10.png is Which is the right Wax for your car?

Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Wax 1 Liquid Power

is for new car or newly painted cars.

The Hybrid NetProtection Technology combines special inorganic and organic components to a long-lasting and

brilliant protective layer suitable for all types ofarrow-10x10.png paint.

Sonax Polish and Wax 2 Nano Pro

Paintwork in mint condition, slightly weathered and regularly maintained paintwork

Extremely fine polishing elements, supplemented by the SONAX Hybrid Net Protection Technology

ensure an attractive polishing result, a gentle smoothness, a brilliant high gloss and aarrow-10x10.png durable sealing

with long termarrow-10x10.png effect.

Sonax Polish and Wax 3

Matt, weathered and neglected paintwork

The extremely powerful aluminium oxidearrow-10x10.png polishing components remove weathered paint layers and smoothen out scratches from the carwash installation, finger nails and other usual traces of wear.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, what is SRP? I am newbie hoping to learn.

Thank you

I found that SRP worked great on a new car.

I was going more for protection that shine.

For people going for shine they use SRP and then EGP

For people that are really into detailing,

some put HDW on top of both.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=142585

:D

Hi, what is SRP? I am newbie hoping to learn.

Thank you

SRP is Autoglym's Super Resin Polish, the bottle with the red label that Jamesc attached in his posting before yours.

With COE so high I will probably have to keep my car for 10 years.

3 things I do to try to protect the body work - no claims about its effectiveness.

Go to Tuff Cote every year to get the underbody sprayed - added benefit it reduces road noise also.

Put a Thirsty Hippo in the car to reduce moisture - added benefit car smells fresher when I get in.

Grounding as a negative current to the body helps prevent erosion. People are welcome to input

on the effectiveness of any of these methods and add anything else worth doing.

Supercharged

With COE so high I will probably have to keep my car for 10 years.

3 things I do to try to protect the body work - no claims about its effectiveness.

Go to Tuff Cote every year to get the underbody sprayed - added benefit it reduces road noise also.

Put a Thirsty Hippo in the car to reduce moisture - added benefit car smells fresher when I get in.

Grounding as a negative current to the body helps prevent erosion. People are welcome to input

on the effectiveness of any of these methods and add anything else worth doing.

i only bought protection film, 70 micron from oracle..

intend to use them over the bonnet, headlight and front bumper.

what is this tuff cote?

i only read that underbody sprayed, helps to prevent rust.

does it help to reduce road noise too?

ok, just google it, it does help:

Pro: Reduced Interior Noise
  • Applying undercoating will not only seal the metal parts on the undercarriage and help protect it from rust, it will also enhance the sound insulation of your car. Undercoating will seal the nooks and crannies on the undercarriage and will lessen the vibration caused by undulations on the road. You can expect a quieter ride with less tire roar when undercoating is applied.

Rust Protection
  • Most new carsicon1.png have some kind of rust proofing applied on the undercarriage. Applying undercoating will help protect this antirust coating from chips and cracks caused by flying rocks or other road debris.

Pro: Durability
  • Undercoating provides long-lasting durability and abrasion resistance to further protect your vehicle undercarriage. This is most helpful to vehicles constantly exposed to off-road driving or extreme weather.

Con: Cost
  • While undercoating is less costly than custom rust-proofing procedures, the added cost of materials and labor is deemed unacceptable for a majority of new caricon1.png owners. Applying undercoating will work better on brand-new vehicles, but will also benefit older model cars. Old vehicles will need a thorough wash of the undercarriage before applying undercoating.

The high cost is often attributed to car dealersicon1.png that charge an astronomical sum for applying vehicle undercoating. You can save money in the procedure by purchasing aftermarket undercoating kits or sprays and applying them yourself.

Con: Weight
  • Vehicles that already have good sound insulation and rust proofing might not need an additional coat of undercoating. The added weight will affect vehicle performance and fuel economy.

i intend to do it but was told that i need to send the car for a underbody wash, wait for a day to dry then can be done.

grounding, i thought it was for ICE only?

Edited by Kurty

i only bought protection film, 70 micron from oracle..

intend to use them over the bonnet, headlight and front bumper.

what is this tuff cote?

i only read that underbody sprayed, helps to prevent rust.

does it help to reduce road noise too?

ok, just google it, it does help:

i intend to do it but was told that i need to send the car for a underbody wash, wait for a day to dry then can be done.

grounding, i thought it was for ICE only?

People do grounding for ICE but an added benefit is it send a negative current to the body

and metal with a negative current going thru it inhibits rust. I did it cos its cheap. Just buy a few

ground wires and screwed it to the body.

Supercharged

People do grounding for ICE but an added benefit is it send a negative current to the body

and metal with a negative current going thru it inhibits rust. I did it cos its cheap. Just buy a few

ground wires and screwed it to the body.

i have that, i got it for the fun and look of it, until you telling me something else. [laugh]

ok, i decided to go for undercarriage coating then.

my old car need that kind of stuff.. i saw rust and importantly, i want interior to be much quiet.

Neutral Newbie

i have that, i got it for the fun and look of it, until you telling me something else. [laugh]

ok, i decided to go for undercarriage coating then.

my old car need that kind of stuff.. i saw rust and importantly, i want interior to be much quiet.

There are a few types of under-carriage coating. some are basic for the function of anti-rust. Others have added benefit of noise insulation.

http://www.tuffi.com.sg/clad.html

Neutral Newbie

SRP is Autoglym's Super Resin Polish, the bottle with the red label that Jamesc attached in his posting before yours.

Many thanks Limpeh23. I still have a lot to learn.

↡ Advertisement