Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

talk to anyone from St Andrew's Jr School.

SAJS' former CKT still the best and we willing to pay $20 for a plate also cannot find owner anymore.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

i think number of good CKT in Singapore now is less than one palm (5 counting fingers)

sad.... maybe CKT will be the next local food to extinct after kok kok mee

the uncle has suffered a serious fall last year; he fell off his own roof while attempting to conduct some repairs, so he's now retired.

the stall is now run by his sister and his son. personally i can't tell the difference in quality, it's still the best in town, but there're some people who say it's not the same anymore.

here's a photo of him, from Tan Chuan-Jin's facebook. didn't think he would be wheelchair bound. :(

10152595_693451790697599_2088271023_n.jp

Turbocharged

During my time, when it came to Char Kway Teow, we only knew NUS Arts canteen.

Many years have passed, not sure if the stall is still there and the food is still eatable.

Beach road market 翠绿ckt.. Consistent taste all the time.. It's not bad, may not be the best bit never disappoint

Is this the Hill Street char kway teow at Bedok south?

yes located at bedok south now

i think number of good CKT in Singapore now is less than one palm (5 counting fingers)

sad.... maybe CKT will be the next local food to extinct after kok kok mee

Another will be red hill hawker centre. Old couple. Then the leafy vege CKT at pasir panjang.

Most of the good CKT stalls were ran by old uncles. I have to agree that it'll be one of the lost unique hawker culinary dishes in the near future.

Very sad.

• Praise 1

the uncle has suffered a serious fall last year; he fell off his own roof while attempting to conduct some repairs, so he's now retired.

the stall is now run by his sister and his son. personally i can't tell the difference in quality, it's still the best in town, but there're some people who say it's not the same anymore.

here's a photo of him, from Tan Chuan-Jin's facebook. didn't think he would be wheelchair bound. :(

10152595_693451790697599_2088271023_n.jp

You see or not, my friends? Fry CKT fry until can stay in bungalow!

If you are good, the money will come in.

If you are very very good, no need to say liao.

• Praise 3

During my time, when it came to Char Kway Teow, we only knew NUS Arts canteen.

Many years have passed, not sure if the stall is still there and the food is still eatable.

yes yes!!

very nice :)

I also wanna knw if still there?

• Praise 1