Honda Vezel

Hsiao

Hi everyone...

Just a quick question, has any bros tried off their CTBA and then switch off the engine and on it again, does the light for the CTBA comes on again as default or will it be off permanently?

Bro... CTBA is always turn on by default everytime u start ur engine.

↡ Advertisement

I always admire fellow Bro/Sis who can achieve so high FC..

Unfortunately, I only achieve 12-km/L.. 😧

Pls let me know I m not alone.. 😢

You never walk alone

post-65838-0-81138600-1423672115.jpg

• Praise 5

Hi Huskyboy,

Appreciate you could snapshot a copy of your vehicle info (pls blank out your personal particulars) to show the CEVS Rebate Status e.g A3 or A2 $10000 or $15000 .

Till now I have not seen any Vezel passed with CEVS A2 yet !

Thanks.

My Vezel was registered in late Dec 14 and had a CEVS of $15k. My PI was pushing for the higher CEVS and I had additional rebates. It could be due to the 0.92 coefficient. However, his recent batches of vezel did not manage to get the $15k CEVS.

So still unclear how this thing works.

• Praise 2

Any bro or sis have done paint protection other than ceramic pro? Thinking of getting it done but price is quite ex; wondering if there are good alternatives ?thanks a bunch

hello, i did $500 for 5 layers 9H Ceramic Coating, for whole car including rims..b4 coating is the whole works of detailing, washing claybar, cutting, polishing buffin shining..the works! Happy!!

am a staunch believer of using RON98 versus RON95, brand aside.

the drive is so much more responsive and ignition timing does not need to be retarded to account for the lower octane. this helps explains why you experience a better drive with RON98.

really depends on whether the car can handle it. i think nowadays most engines trying to push compression ratios higher for better efficiency, this requires higher octane, and we will definitely get good mileage and power. Some older cars that i have driven b4, pumping higher octane is a waste of money, engine makes a whole lot of noise but the power ain't being transferred to the wheels..i guess it's lost in transmission

also for all vezel owners, pls ask your workshop NOT to put w40 engine oil if you're looking at good FC. start/stop engine requires preferably w30 and w20 (it's on the manufacture vehicle user manual)..if you go for w20, you preferably need a higher grade oil for sludge and shear protection

The saving is not worth for only 1 year of warranty. Most PI should offer 3 year warranty as standard. U are already paying over 100k for a car, my opinion is dun compromise on warranty.

warranty nowadays is agar agar $600 for 1 yr 25000km, $1200 for 3 yrs 75000km. If savings are beyond those numbers, just buy your own warranty

I always admire fellow Bro/Sis who can achieve so high FC..

Unfortunately, I only achieve 12-km/L.. 😧

Pls let me know I m not alone.. 😢

bro, sorry if you have answered this b4, asking again...wat engine oil you use?

Edited by Rationalexuberance

Just pumped shell 98 as an experiment and am enjoying best FC to date. 17.3 kml after about 250 km.

Usually pump SPC 95 with FC of about 15 to 15.5 kml (rarely 16). Tyre pressure is 220 back 230 front. Any bros can advise if there is a diff between Shell 95 and Shell 98?

good practice, continue to feed it good petrol and be rewardedly adequately.

diff between 95 and 98 is the amount of octane added into the petrol for stability in the burn and ignition of the fuel in the chambers..

here's a good and easy read

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/question90.htm

enjoy!

WOW 105 pages !!

Am interested to get this ride, waiting to see KM prices. The only thing, coming from a 07' Jazz driver it is the CVT again. hopefully it wouldn't be a boring drive.

Thanks Bro,

But i'm just curious that Zion Auto's pricing for X & S models are generally $4000 to $10,000 lower than others.

I had called and asked, they seems providing most of the accessories that others also provides.

The only different is they only provide 1 years warranty.

Would like to know if they are the right PIs to go with:)

Anyone here has got their Vezel from them:)

Thanks.

1 thing to note about Zion is, theirs is a 4-bid guaranteed COE package BUT not without top-ups and their advertised price doesn't really state their COE cap or rebate.

They used to be 1-bid guaranteed without top-ups and only started doing this 4-bids thing over the past few weeks after the announcement of increased COE quota for this quarter, probably in anticipation of COE fluctuations.

What this means is, they could have based their (advertised) price on a low COE cap, and if they are not able to secure the COE for the customer after the 4-bids, the customer will have to top up to get his or her COE, and that can potentially wipe out any "discounts" you see right now.

Having said all this, Zion is also one of the guys I have in mind (that's why I know their recent change in COE package). I did a bit of homework and it seems to me that they are one of those no-gimmick companies, they know what they have to offer, they offer you what they have, you want it, you take it, you don't want it, no hard feelings either, hence the seemingly lower prices. But I won't dwell too deeply into what homework have I done or how, as this is something which every car buyer, at least those thinking to go for PIs, should do as ultimately you make your own choices and you should be the one responsible for them.

What I can say though, is that there are at least a couple of guys on that "collected / booked" list here that have successfully collected their rides from Zion, and that would be a good first step towards your research.

Just my $0.02. And good luck to you on your PI hunt. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Thanks Bro, that's a good reply and appreciate taking time for this. Been to two PI's still confused whether to go ahead or not. The initial payment of 40% worries me a bit... on another note .. seriously thinking whether to go for a 2nd hand or not... because i may be not be here for long ( probably another 3 years ) .

any bro's to suggest. As of now dont think anybody can predict the resale value of Vezel and if i go for a second hand car now ... then all the added risk of not knowing how the car is...cost of servicing/parts etc..

Another alternative you might want to consider is leasing; you don't have to pay anything upfront, servicing, road tax and insurance are taken care of, and you get a replacement car every time the car goes to the workshop. If you're not looking for anything fancy or brand new you can probably get something decent for about $1k~$1.3k a month, or less. That is about the same as what you would be paying for monthly installment if you buy a new car, after having already put down a hefty down payment.

Upside is the worry-and-hassle-free arrangement, downside is of course, when the lease is up, you return the car and don't get anything back.

1 thing to note about Zion is, theirs is a 4-bid guaranteed COE package BUT not without top-ups and their advertised price doesn't really state their COE cap or rebate.

They used to be 1-bid guaranteed without top-ups and only started doing this 4-bids thing over the past few weeks after the announcement of increased COE quota for this quarter, probably in anticipation of COE fluctuations.

What this means is, they could have based their (advertised) price on a low COE cap, and if they are not able to secure the COE for the customer after the 4-bids, the customer will have to top up to get his or her COE, and that can potentially wipe out any "discounts" you see right now.

Having said all this, Zion is also one of the guys I have in mind (that's why I know their recent change in COE package). I did a bit of homework and it seems to me that they are one of those no-gimmick companies, they know what they have to offer, they offer you what they have, you want it, you take it, you don't want it, no hard feelings either, hence the seemingly lower prices. But I won't dwell too deeply into what homework have I done or how, as this is something which every car buyer, at least those thinking to go for PIs, should do as ultimately you make your own choices and you should be the one responsible for them.

What I can say though, is that there are at least a couple of guys on that "collected / booked" list here that have successfully collected their rides from Zion, and that would be a good first step towards your research.

Please be careful with Zion Auto. What they told me over the phone was different from when I went down.

• Praise 3

Please be careful with Zion Auto. What they told me over the phone was different from when I went down.

Thanks Oxy, for the heads up.

Yup, caution is never wrong, especially when it involves big ticket items such as a car, that's why I have been on the hunt for months, and still yet to make a move; I've been threading really carefully and taking my time. [thumbsup]

Either that or I'm just an indecisive uncle. [:p]

Yup, caution is never wrong, especially when it involves big ticket items such as a car, that's why I have been on the hunt for months, and still yet to make a move; I've been threading really carefully and taking my time. [thumbsup]

Uncle,

You are not alone. Me too!

• Praise 1

Good to hunt slowly and find yourself a good deal. :D

Anyway I'm beginning to see quite a few more Vezels on the roads this week! So far, I've spotted a black vezel at the Holland Drive hawker centre carpark, saw one white one plying the Bukit Timah road when I drive to work in the morning (twice already) and another black one in Boon Lay yesterday.

Sure to see alot more in the coming days! It also seems alot bigger than when I saw it in the showroom, since there weren't really other cars to compare it against. In fact it's like a bit taller and wider than the Honda Stream since one of them I saw was parked beside Stream. [thumbsup]

Edited by Smeagol

Thanks for your analyse & explain bro :)) appreciate that:)

Are you one of the Vezel's owner?

X or S ?

How do you guys think if paying $3,000 more for getting a 1.5 S

(S = 17" sports rims, reflective black Side Skirts Body kits (instead of matt black on X), Paddle shifts, extra Chrome finishes on top, etc?)

Good day:)

Cheers!

efssc, on 12 Feb 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

If you look at the collected list, there is no doubt Hup Long is one of the more reliable ones. I hope they are not complacent and maintain their track record. But they are not cheap.

I am sure there are new PIs that is equally good if were given a chance.

Yes, everyone here to make money, but if their overheads is not as high as big PI probably they should be able to offer competitive pricing.

The important issue is delivery and not running away with your money.

If you can think of a way or to discuss with your PI on how to protect your deposit and how consumer and PI be binded by a contract, that would be an ideal situation.

This way new PI be given a chance to prove their worth and consumer will gain with competitive pricing.

Otherwise the big PI will monopolise this trade.

• Praise 2

X or S ?

How do you guys think if paying $3,000 more for getting a 1.5 S

(S = 17" sports rims, reflective black Side Skirts Body kits (instead of matt black on X), Paddle shifts, extra Chrome finishes on top, etc?)

Good day:)

Cheers!

I see it as $1500 for the additional upgrades from X.

Another $1500 is paid as ARF

X or S ?

Hi Daniel, no, I haven't made my move yet, my current COE is still good for 1 year + and I am praying for lower COE prices later this year. But the other friends here would be able to answer your query. That's why I come here so much, lots of useful questions and insightful answers (and of course, "deadly poisons"), and best of all, friendly and helpful people.

In fact, Rational just replied your query, I think he's one of the earliest ones from this thread to have gotten his Vezel, he would be able to offer some really great advice.

All the best man! [thumbsup]

Edited by efssc
↡ Advertisement