2014 X-Trail

Quantum

tested the xtrail this afternoon. didnt manage to really push the car but given my driving style (which is generally light footed), the feel that can has the power and relatively quiet. A lot of features, besides the usual keyless entry, daylight LED, leather seats, rear view camera, 2nd row aircon.......it has auto tail gate, all view cameria (360deg view), electronically adjustable seats, huge screen, sunroof.

BUT....the last row seats are really really small. Suitable for kids and adults for short journey. The entry to the last row is also pretty narrow as there is a limit how much the middle row can move forward.

If compared to Sorento, i would say Sorenta has more space on the 3rd row.

Was quoted 147,988 vs listed price of 149,988. Understand that at least 1 car already sold already. Not sure about the fuel economy.

Did u try the new qashqai to compare? I tested n find xtrail very sluggish during acceleration compared to qashqai. Tc sold many xtrail already. Depending on color, queue til jan for stock. Grey got immediate stock though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

didnt tried the Qashqai as it wasnt the car i am looking for, need a 7 seater or at least one that has a 2nd row big enough to handle 4 passenger occassionally. Given my driving style, I think it was ok. there was only a short stretch of road at the airport whereby the road was free to push the car.

personally, i think the car is very premium with all the features. But, i dont really need the sunroof but there is no option to choose one without.

didnt tried the Qashqai as it wasnt the car i am looking for, need a 7 seater or at least one that has a 2nd row big enough to handle 4 passenger occassionally. Given my driving style, I think it was ok. there was only a short stretch of road at the airport whereby the road was free to push the car.

personally, i think the car is very premium with all the features. But, i dont really need the sunroof but there is no option to choose one without.

Yes the price you were quoted is good! I would order xtrail if not for its sunroof i prefer qashqai moonroof as it opens up the roof fully n its rims. but i do like xtrail around viewcam n the auto tailgate. ENjoy your ride.

unfortunately, i cant enjoy the ride as i havent book yet! [rolleyes]

still looking around. personally, i think the moon or sunroof is not necessary for me. it makes the ceiling lower.

anyone booked the xtrail already?

any review and FC?

Neutral Newbie

Did u try the new qashqai to compare? I tested n find xtrail very sluggish during acceleration compared to qashqai. Tc sold many xtrail already. Depending on color, queue til jan for stock. Grey got immediate stock though.

Tested the new qashqai.

While entering the driver's seat, with my 1.78m tall frame, my head hit the slopping roof but not for x-trail or outlander.Comparing to others, qashqai has a lower roof.

However, overall trim for qashqai and x-trail is good class.

If we compare the 2 nissan models, power wise x-trail will definitely be lacking behind due to their sheer difference in size and weight. I was informed that x-trail in fact adopted the latest xtronic cvt than qashqai. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For x-trail, if you are looking for a emergency third row to fetch friends or visiting relatives occasionally, it comes in as a good package even though it is very cramp. Some critics said that it is meant for your in-laws!!! [lipsrsealed]

On the same note, I tested the outlander and found that the suspension is "float-y" and wobbly comparing to the x-trail, and the pick up tends to lack for about a second or more before it reached the desired speed . Of course, I did not load up both vehicles fully to try out their power but I feel that x-trail should not be so under power.

x-trail in comparison offers a better interior and finishing. Besides the badge is my main consideration for both Japanese car and for this, Nissan triumphs.

• Praise 1

Tested the new qashqai.

While entering the driver's seat, with my 1.78m tall frame, my head hit the slopping roof but not for x-trail or outlander.Comparing to others, qashqai has a lower roof.

However, overall trim for qashqai and x-trail is good class.

If we compare the 2 nissan models, power wise x-trail will definitely be lacking behind due to their sheer difference in size and weight. I was informed that x-trail in fact adopted the latest xtronic cvt than qashqai. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For x-trail, if you are looking for a emergency third row to fetch friends or visiting relatives occasionally, it comes in as a good package even though it is very cramp. Some critics said that it is meant for your in-laws!!! [lipsrsealed]

On the same note, I tested the outlander and found that the suspension is "float-y" and wobbly comparing to the x-trail, and the pick up tends to lack for about a second or more before it reached the desired speed . Of course, I did not load up both vehicles fully to try out their power but I feel that x-trail should not be so under power.

x-trail in comparison offers a better interior and finishing. Besides the badge is my main consideration for both Japanese car and for this, Nissan triumphs.

any plans to purchase? havent tested outlander yet. will do so.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yes indeed.

I penned down on the x-trail S&P last week prior to the 1st bid in Nov.

I was just informed that I got it !!!

Yes indeed.

congrats! i am tempted as well. original target was wish. however, after seeing xtrail, wish no fight in terms of equipment level although the 3rd row is superior to xtrail.

what colour did you choose? when will you be getting the car? do share your reviews and the FC as well.

Yes indeed.

[wave] Could you share what price did you get your x-trail? [thumbsup] I'm also very tempted.....

[wave] Could you share what price did you get your x-trail? [thumbsup] I'm also very tempted.....

Tc standard list price -1to2k depending on the power of ur se. Heheh

If u order silver now they got immediate stocj. The other colors i tink jan onwards.

Neutral Newbie

congrats! i am tempted as well. original target was wish. however, after seeing xtrail, wish no fight in terms of equipment level although the 3rd row is superior to xtrail.

what colour did you choose? when will you be getting the car? do share your reviews and the FC as well.

Thanks. I will inform once I get it.

Many years back I drove Wish. I got tired of its dashboard after a few months.

In my opinion so far, Toyota has always been an old school manufacturer with no breakthrough in their design whether on the exterior or interior, offering only basic trim with hard plastics and unimaginative design.

I chose Brilliant Silver for ready stock and should be getting it in 1-2 weeks' time.

I will report my new ride once available.

Hope that you get yours real soon.

Tc standard list price -1to2k depending on the power of ur se. Heheh

If u order silver now they got immediate stocj. The other colors i tink jan onwards.

Ordix is right.

My price is only around that was offered.

TC is very rigid with their offer.

Yes indeed.

Congrats on your new x-trail, i also like this car but no $ to buy haha.....

Neutral Newbie

Congrats on your new x-trail, i also like this car but no $ to buy haha.....

Haha, thanks.

Sometimes we just make unexplainable decision. [confused][smash]

So, I hope I made it right and enjoy it. [inlove]

Thanks. I will inform once I get it.

Many years back I drove Wish. I got tired of its dashboard after a few months.

In my opinion so far, Toyota has always been an old school manufacturer with no breakthrough in their design whether on the exterior or interior, offering only basic trim with hard plastics and unimaginative design.

I chose Brilliant Silver for ready stock and should be getting it in 1-2 weeks' time.

I will report my new ride once available.

Hope that you get yours real soon.

Ordix is right.

My price is only around that was offered.

TC is very rigid with their offer.

The more discount your tc give u, they will deduct from coe rebate. N if coe goes above expected value they wil ask u topup.

Btw this week xtrail price is real good. 148800. Coe rebate at 64k. Think ad expecting cat b to drop a few k.

Neutral Newbie

The more discount your tc give u, they will deduct from coe rebate. N if coe goes above expected value they wil ask u topup.

Btw this week xtrail price is real good. 148800. Coe rebate at 64k. Think ad expecting cat b to drop a few k.

You could be right about the ADs.

On the other hand, your existing car value will drop by an equivalent or more amount if you wait longer.

So, in my opinion, no difference. The equation always balance up.

Of course my thought of the COE remains.

With current government effort to control car growth, we can never see that same COE values that happened nearly 8 years ago.

Even if it does drop, it will just be marginal difference before they quickly prop it back to current or higher values.

you better to create a thread to compare Xtrail vs outlander vs Sorento, which are affordable full size SUV by middle-class

now many ppls who are indecision among this 3 models

Went to see xtrail and qashqai in showroom today. Xtrail is really nice shaped and has quality interior, like the very spacious second row legroom, Slidable and reclinable, one can cross legs easily in the second row. Also Like the auto tailgate and all view camera.

There are some drawbacks though when compared to qashqai: low roof in second row ( partly due to sunroof), a 1.8m tall person can head touch the roof when sit straight up. There is no boot cover when the last row is folded down, this means people can peep into the boot from window. Also the last row is suitable only for children below 6 I felt.

Qashqai wins on the beautiful whole glass moonroof, and more headroom on second row. Will watch Coe for the next few month.

• Praise 1