2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Tomica has come up with the 2014 X Trail model. Saw it at Toys R Us. Here's the pictures.

Today I followed a new X-Trail quite long time, looks very big and nice, only concern is 2.0L NA engine 142bhp maybe a bit underpower,

saw from China website, their X-Trail named '奇骏', very hot sell, exactly same exterior as Singapore one, but Engine is 2.5L NA 185bhp, reasonable power output

↡ Advertisement

you better to create a thread to compare Xtrail vs outlander vs Sorento, which are affordable full size SUV by middle-class

now many ppls who are indecision among this 3 models

X-trail is nice, if they get it TC, then will be superb

Sorento is nice, but price wise, cost more

Outlander ???......

I feel like they half way run out of budget during their R&D

The design just got a feeling that something is missing........

• Praise 1

Nowadays for SUV to be able to make it in the market, they just need to adhere to these conditions to cater for local needs;

1) Turbo / supercharged

2) Various engine option to tackle constant govt changes and ruling in COE (1L, 1.2L, 1.4L, 2.0L & 3.0L)

3) unlimited / 10yrs warranty

4) lifetime free servicing

5) competitive pricing

with these 5 factors, I believe any model will sell like hotcakes in the market.

your conditions are contradict, to meet condition 1 to 4, how can condition 5 be available? :D

let me calculate your ideal SUV price,

1. Turbo / supercharged engine: 50K more than NA engine

2. Various engine option: 30k more

3. unlimited / 10yrs warranty: 20k more

4. lifetime free servicing: 30k more

5. AWD/FWD selectable: 20k more

Totally 130k more +70k(COE) + native price & TAX 150k=350k,

Just nice to buy a X5, Q7, XC90, but in Singapore how many people affordable

• Praise 1

Any owners of the 2014 X-Trail care to share a brief write-up on daily use? Folks are looking to a 7 seater and this one is on the list, test drove it a few days back and my views are.

1. Car is packed with features mainly surround view cameras, panoramic sunroof, auto boot

2. Looks wise aggressive yet not overly so, mirrors are large enough to capture the traffic around

3. Pricing is attractive compared to various makes (sub 140)

4. Ride is somewhat rough at the back, took a few roads under construction and passengers found it quite bouncy (is this a SUV characteristic?)

5. Last row of seats is quite cramp, but if the middle row passengers compromised it can be fairly decent (bearable) in terms of the leg room

6. Power, on FWD mode the power seems decent enough to get up to speed, on 4WD mode the power becomes pretty much non existent. I do find the engine very revvy and there is unfortunately no ability for the driver to shift up.

7. Boot space - limited if all 7 seats are taken up.

Would like to know how actual owners find the car?

Any owners of the 2014 X-Trail care to share a brief write-up on daily use? Folks are looking to a 7 seater and this one is on the list, test drove it a few days back and my views are.

1. Car is packed with features mainly surround view cameras, panoramic sunroof, auto boot

2. Looks wise aggressive yet not overly so, mirrors are large enough to capture the traffic around

4. Ride is somewhat rough at the back, took a few roads under construction and passengers found it quite bouncy (is this a SUV characteristic?)

5. Last row of seats is quite cramp, but if the middle row passengers compromised it can be fairly decent (bearable) in terms of the leg room

6. Power, on FWD mode the power seems decent enough to get up to speed, on 4WD mode the power becomes pretty much non existent. I do find the engine very revvy and there is unfortunately no ability for the driver to shift up.

Last row cant really b used cos cant rest feet properly. Features r okvn sound system sound quality above avg.
  • Praise 1

Nice review.

How's the noise level in car cabin? Is it noisy when you revved up to >90km/h?

Thanks, just some brief areas.

Forgot to add the car comes with 5 years warranty unlimited mileage

The cabin noise is fairly audible according to my wife (I wasn't able to go past 90 am afraid), the engine noise was quite high as well when revved up to the 4K range. If you are not gentle on the pedal the car will stay till 4K ish on 2nd gear before switching.

Anyway my folks have decided to go ahead on the purchase (disregarding my opinion), I will be able to write a more thorough review year end. [shakehead][shakehead]

Nice review.

How's the noise level in car cabin? Is it noisy when you revved up to >90km/h?

• Praise 1

congrats!

I have been monitoring X trial since it was launched. How much did get if for and when is the stock arriving?

Am driving a wish now and deciding btw Xtrial and Wish. The delta is ~ $10k. If i let my mind decide, it will be a WISH. If i let my heart decide, it will be a XTRAIL.

Do share your review.

Thanks

I'll pm you the price details, the car comes around Sept which I thought was excessively long for a standard car but my folks were scrapping their car in Oct so were not overly concerned (if me I sure make noise)

The Wish is a good car and I can understand why you want to go back to it, my personal feel between the two is the material in the Xtrail feels better, and the excessive gadgets they throw in makes it a great family car (plus 5 year warranty etc).

Space wise likely not much difference between the two, Wish will likely be more comfy (Xtrail suspension is quite hard) for the passengers and easier to drive/park. Except for lack of power I would say the Xtrail is very drivable for an SUV.

But I will urge you to go down and take a test drive so at least you know what it feels like, also their recommended route is rubbish smooth roads no traffic I would suggest you plan your own route and at least you know how the car really feels like. Also changing a car type is not a bad idea, some variety can be [thumbsup]

congrats!

I have been monitoring X trial since it was launched. How much did get if for and when is the stock arriving?

Am driving a wish now and deciding btw Xtrial and Wish. The delta is ~ $10k. If i let my mind decide, it will be a WISH. If i let my heart decide, it will be a XTRAIL.

Do share your review.

X trail looks like a good choice for those who wanna a SUV and option of seating more then 5 pax , thought the last row is better off for kids

if need full time carrying 7 pax, better off to get MPV

2L engine, cheaper on the road tax

dashboard looks neat

Got load of features, plus points

I have owned sedan, MPV,

SUV haven't yet, so X trail will be a good choice for me if I wanna my next car to be a SUV

• Praise 2

X-Trail hybrid launched in Japan.. [thumbsup]

In Singapore accept hybrid still have long way to go,

1stly, Hybrid battery size big, eat too much boot space and payload,

2ndly, place to charge battery too less, and charge time too long

3rdly, Hybrid model list price too much higher than normal model, 10 years petrol saving cannot cover back

4thly, doubt battery lifespan and reliability, maintenance cost high if necessary

5thly, Government doesn't launch attractive green energy rebate

Edited by MQX87511

In Singapore accept hybrid still have long way to go,

1stly, Hybrid battery size big, eat too much boot space and payload,

2ndly, place to charge battery too less, and charge time too long

3rdly, Hybrid model list price too much higher than normal model, 10 years petrol saving cannot cover back

4thly, doubt battery lifespan and reliability, maintenance cost high if necessary

5thly, Government doesn't launch attractive green energy rebate

Your point 5 is true, but I feel the other points are not so clear cut. I drive the IS 300h and from my experience (albeit limited to only 1 model):

1 - For the IS, there is a difference between the 2 models of 30L or 6%, but it's not too big of an issue to me. They've redesigned it such that the battery rests under the boot floor and removed the need for a spare tyre by going with run-flats.

2 - For full EVs or plug-in hybrids, it may be an issue, but not for petrol-hybrids.

3 - I ran the numbers and, for my driving profile, the hybrid model's still worth it in the long run. This is also assuming the current price of petrol, and there is every possibility it will go back up.

4 - Not sure about other makes, but I've got a 10-year warranty on the battery from Borneo Motors.

I do agree with you that hybrids are still uncommon here but would encourage those interested to study the option further rather than rule it out conclusively. Personally, I love the quiet drive when on EV mode and the fact that I only fill up at the kiosk twice a month. I'm also quite interested in how the hybrid X-trail performs.

congrats!

Do share your review.

let your wallet decides.....

↡ Advertisement