2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Hi all

I just joined this forum. Been reading the car reviews for nissan xtrail and outlander as i wanted to get a 7 seater suv.

Over the past weeks, i have test drive xtrail and outlander and i have to admit that both have their pros n cons. Finally made up my mind, n signed the s&p agreement for xtrail last thur. Monitored the nail-bitting coe bidding yesterday n was confirmed by my se that i managed to secure coe!

Have been trying to see an xtrail on the road but to no avail. Are xtrails really so rare? Lol. Hope to see more activity on the xtrail thread so i can learn more from fefellow drivers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Congrats slowloris25!

As u mentioned, there are pros and cons for the xtrail and outlander.

Would you be able to share why you chose the Nissan please?

(edited)

Hi aukang

It was a tough choice. I even did a last test drive for outlander just before i went over to tc ubi to sign the s&p. Lol.

I like the outlander's exterior look as well as the value for money portion(was offered 138999). However, i prefer the xtrail interior. It blew me away. Xtrail is more furture ready for me. Moreover, i believe outlander has a facelift modelmodel coming in next yr.

Are u an xtrail-er?

Edited by slowloris25

Virgin post!

Got an x trail for my wife at the expo - car should be arriving in July

Secured COE yesterday

Why this car?

Wife wanted a taller car - so an SUV

Feature packed - especially like the all round camera/electric tailgate/panoramic roof

'Reasonable' price + 5 years warranty/ 2 years comprehensive servicing

Don't need the 2 extra seats at the back but it liberates lots of boot space

Hi aukang

It was a tough choice. I even did a last test drive for outlander just before i went over to tc ubi to sign the s&p. Lol.

I like the outlander's exterior look as well as the value for money portion(was offered 138999). However, i prefer the xtrail interior. It blew me away. Xtrail is more furture ready for me. Moreover, i believe outlander has a facelift modelmodel coming in next yr.

Are u an xtrail-er?

in this category, another rival is Sorento, performance, price (high OMV), interior space wise, Sorento excels,

why did you not select?

Hi all,received my x trail last week. Booked in December last year. Don't see this car much on the road.mileage so far is pretty decent, about 10.5km per litre. Pick up as expected is a little slow.cruises nicely on the highway. Don't like the antenna as it is sticking out too high. Changed it to a short one and the radio reception is compromised, so bought a visual garage shark fin antenna on the net.need about a month to arrive.

Virgin post!

Got an x trail for my wife at the expo - car should be arriving in July

Secured COE yesterday

Why this car?

Wife wanted a taller car - so an SUV

Feature packed - especially like the all round camera/electric tailgate/panoramic roof

'Reasonable' price + 5 years warranty/ 2 years comprehensive servicing

Don't need the 2 extra seats at the back but it liberates lots of boot space

why did not select Forester? c/w above features + powerful TC engine + AWD + lower price

in this category, another rival is Sorento, performance, price (high OMV), interior space wise, Sorento excels,

why did you not select?

mx87511 - I went over to KIA to check out the Sorento as well. Sorento is perfect, with the exception of the not-so-nice steering wheel, but Sorento is out of my budget. Also, I am inclined towards a japanese brand. The back row seats for Sorento is almost full size, very good. But since I am only using the back row seats during the weekends, I am fine with the xtrail.

Steelblue66 & teaspoons - Hope to see you guys on the road soon. my ride will only come in jul. fortunately, my road tax for my existing car is til end jul so no need waste money to extend the road tax!

really hope to see more xtrails on the road. its a gentle looking giant :)

• Praise 2

The feature, size and the price of the X-Trail looks very good to me as well. I did a test drive on it during the weekend. Coming from a Cefiro owner (230JM), here is my like & dislike:

Like :

- Good all around feature - GPS, bird's eye view camera, panoramic roof etc. Very feature rich

- suspension - good comfortable suspension. Does not have chance to drive it hard into a corner, so, corning is unknown

Dislike :

- steering is too light, no feeling at all (noted, I am using a Cefiro, not BMW)

- Engine too noisy. The engine is a bit underpower, when pushed, very noise

- size is BIG. A bit difficult to gauge the corners. But I guess it should improve when driving it daily.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Nice, take some pictures and post em

Hi all,received my x trail last week. Booked in December last year. Don't see this car much on the road.mileage so far is pretty decent, about 10.5km per litre. Pick up as expected is a little slow.cruises nicely on the highway. Don't like the antenna as it is sticking out too high. Changed it to a short one and the radio reception is compromised, so bought a visual garage shark fin antenna on the net.need about a month to arrive.

Actually the suspension is quite hard, if you take the TC bukit timah test route its hard to tell (very smooth) but you go thru some rocky terrain the passengers at the back will feel quite uncomfortable.

Agreed on your other points.

Bmw steering now is very light fyi not like before [grin]

The feature, size and the price of the X-Trail looks very good to me as well. I did a test drive on it during the weekend. Coming from a Cefiro owner (230JM), here is my like & dislike:

Like :

- Good all around feature - GPS, bird's eye view camera, panoramic roof etc. Very feature rich

- suspension - good comfortable suspension. Does not have chance to drive it hard into a corner, so, corning is unknown

Dislike :

- steering is too light, no feeling at all (noted, I am using a Cefiro, not BMW)

- Engine too noisy. The engine is a bit underpower, when pushed, very noise

- size is BIG. A bit difficult to gauge the corners. But I guess it should improve when driving it daily.

• Praise 2

Hi teaspoons, can u share ur shark fin antenna lobang? Wat color xtrail did u get? Also, i understand that our dashboard computer do nt have the digital speedo-is the dashboard com as outdated as the qq 2.0?the qq 1.2 has digital speedo tho.i am driving a civic n prefer to look at digital speedo. :)

Oh ya, wat abt the free in car camera? Is it gd?

Thanks slowloris25.

I'm currently hunting for a replacement for my 9 yr old car.

Looking at 7 seaters ...either suv or mpv...yes some will say different characteristics between suv and mpv...I agree. : )

I've looked at almost all the suvs and mpvs there are. .even the new honda jade hybrid.

Difficult decision cos it's a matter of needs vs wants. Need is just a 7 seater for the occasional outing with parents and wants are all the gadgets etc..rationality vs emotions.

No decision yet though. I am attending the MCF KIA gathering tomorrow. Will be sorely tempted if they make a good offer : )

• Praise 2

If you need 7 seats, I think X trail not so suitable because the last 2 seats have very little room

- getting in and out would also be a bit difficult

The best 7 seater I've owned is the Honda odyssey that my wife is driving now - and the one we are trading

in. Only because the mileage is piling up so it's time to change - and we no longer need 7 seats

Good luck in your hunt

I think prices for most cars went down a couple of grand for the upcoming round. Outlander and xtrail, came down by 2k. Not a bad time to biy if u really intend to.

Hi teaspoons, can u share ur shark fin antenna lobang? Wat color xtrail did u get? Also, i understand that our dashboard computer do nt have the digital speedo-is the dashboard com as outdated as the qq 2.0?the qq 1.2 has digital speedo tho.i am driving a civic n prefer to look at digital speedo. :)

Oh ya, wat abt the free in car camera? Is it gd?

Got the gun metal grey x trail, as for the antenna, it's around 130usd including shipping. It's a fully functional antenna unlike those u see at auto bacs which is just a dummy piece and it basically covers the old antenna. In car camera given by TC is bad. It's just a square unit place and looks quite cheapskate. This car doesn't have digital speedo but as the speedometer is big and the numbers are fairly placed far apart, Reading the speeds are not difficult with a quick glance. There are some speedometer that really need the digital display like the A class as it is very cluttered and makes reading it difficult with a glance.

• Praise 2

Mecury1, thks for sharing e vid. Really cool video tho. Hope the smart technology makes xtrail a safe car to drive!

Just learnt from bro ordix at the qq fhread that xtrail instrument panel is outdated and diff from the qq 1.2's. Not sure how big the diff are but i know xtrail is lacking the digital speedo. Sigh. Wat mode r u guys using while u drive?

↡ Advertisement