Chia Seeds

Matoonia

I am interested too....where can buy in Singapore ?

i will be getting from iherb

Will be getting this http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Chia-Seed-Black-12-oz-340-g/23976 or http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-White-Chia-Seed-12-oz-355-g/39042

If you are 1st time user, can use my referral code UPA983 [:p] and get $5 off.

If you prefer to get in SG, can get from Jason supermarket

http://girlygetsfit.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/where-to-buy-chia-seeds-in-singapore/

Supercharged

Bro, photoshooting in Oct leh

Wedding in Dec..

Ya Lah, eat fruits also can achieve that but I seldom eat nowadays.

I Just throw them into juicer..

I also not very fond of vegetable lately..

Maybe wife dunnoe how to cook vegetables..

Always overcook, like army style

Just exercise more, eat more fruits and take less sweet stuff, or fattening food. The effect is the same, and cheaper. :D

Supercharged

Just exercise more, eat more fruits and take less sweet stuff, or fattening food. The effect is the same, and cheaper. :D

i don't have the time.. having night classes again..

plus my knee injury, i try to exercise a lttle..

fruits, we don't eat, drink instead.

sweet stuff, not for us. no sweet tooth..

fattening food?

well, move to air fryer, more healthy..

also cut down on buffet.. use to go every 2 weeks, now.. once a month

chia seed is inexpensive lah

the seeds some got sand, anyone experienced that?

first time heard this, what brand is that?

or could it be the chia seed itself, it kinda chewy at times

Chia seeds are natural or get those organic ones, and is definitely cheaper than taking fruits. If you compare the fibre content of fruit vs chia seeds, chia seeds offers more for less.

And for those want to lose weight, note that most fruits are just sugar hanging on trees, and have high sugar too.

• Praise 1

We bought total 3 kg from Amazon.com in Oct2013, 1kg each from CHIA SEEDS, CHOSEN FOODS, HEALTHWORKS. With the consolidated shipment via Borderlinx, the price is about the same as some brands we saw in Singapore organic food stores.

We sprinkle 1 spoonful of the chia seeds into our oats cereals, rice, green bean soup.

Following Amazon reviews by other users, we stir the chia seeds in a bowl of hot water and they immediately form into "gel seeds", let it cool down while stirring occasionally to prevent clumps forming up, refrigerate in a sealable jar when cool. Use the "gel seeds" with lemonade, ribena, or try any other drinks.

• Praise 1

i will be getting from iherb

Will be getting this http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Chia-Seed-Black-12-oz-340-g/23976 or http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-White-Chia-Seed-12-oz-355-g/39042

If you are 1st time user, can use my referral code UPA983 [:p] and get $5 off.

If you prefer to get in SG, can get from Jason supermarket

http://girlygetsfit.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/where-to-buy-chia-seeds-in-singapore/

Thanks Bro, will go Jason supermarket and check it out.

• Praise 1

We bought total 3 kg from Amazon.com in Oct2013, 1kg each from CHIA SEEDS, CHOSEN FOODS, HEALTHWORKS. With the consolidated shipment via Borderlinx, the price is about the same as some brands we saw in Singapore organic food stores.

We sprinkle 1 spoonful of the chia seeds into our oats cereals, rice, green bean soup.

Following Amazon reviews by other users, we stir the chia seeds in a bowl of hot water and they immediately form into "gel seeds", let it cool down while stirring occasionally to prevent clumps forming up, refrigerate in a sealable jar when cool. Use the "gel seeds" with lemonade, ribena, or try any other drinks.

The chia seeds need to soak in water first? I thought just mix with juice, milk or drinks can liao. I intend to add a spoonful to my morning kopi c when my stock arrives

The chia seeds need to soak in water first? I thought just mix with juice, milk or drinks can liao. I intend to add a spoonful to my morning kopi c when my stock arrives

You can just mix/add to your juice, etc.......like you intended.

However, if you soak the chia seeds in water [preferrably hot], a layer of "gel" will form around every seed, almost like mini tadpole eggs. Make a large batch, and refrigerate when cool. We usually make a batch to last for 1 week. When cold, the chia seeds smell like freshly cut grass, that is fine. Take whatever amount to mix with cold drinks [eg. packet drinks, lemonade, ribena with squeeze lemon juice, etc.....].

Experiment how much chia seeds to add to water for your preferred consistency. Suggested to add more water, as the chia seeds continue to absorb water during refrigeration, and "grow" slightly bigger.

* when you stock arrive, place a few chia seeds in a spoon of water and see the result.

• Praise 3

You can just mix/add to your juice, etc.......like you intended.

However, if you soak the chia seeds in water [preferrably hot], a layer of "gel" will form around every seed, almost like mini tadpole eggs. Make a large batch, and refrigerate when cool. We usually make a batch to last for 1 week. When cold, the chia seeds smell like freshly cut grass, that is fine. Take whatever amount to mix with cold drinks [eg. packet drinks, lemonade, ribena with squeeze lemon juice, etc.....].

Experiment how much chia seeds to add to water for your preferred consistency. Suggested to add more water, as the chia seeds continue to absorb water during refrigeration, and "grow" slightly bigger.

* when you stock arrive, place a few chia seeds in a spoon of water and see the result.

Thks Bro for your recommendation. [thumbsup] I ordered on iherb, stock shd arrive next week

Just had my first taste of Chia seeds, or I shd say lack of taste.

I just scooped a spoonful into cup of apple juice, and drink after 15 mins. Don't feel much in terms of taste, feels like some tasteless toppings on the drink only.

post-68169-0-47413800-1400204774_thumb.jpg

Bro Kurty... if you want to cut down weigh fast... i suggest you cut down on carbohydrates + sugar and any processed food. Just stay off it for a while, and you can see the fats melt away.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2647027-exercising-without-a-gym/

There's a lot of debates about whether this is healthy or not, which i shall not go into. But for pure weight loss purposes, i guess you can try.

i don't have the time.. having night classes again..

plus my knee injury, i try to exercise a lttle..

fruits, we don't eat, drink instead.

sweet stuff, not for us. no sweet tooth..

fattening food?

well, move to air fryer, more healthy..

also cut down on buffet.. use to go every 2 weeks, now.. once a month

chia seed is inexpensive lah

first time heard this, what brand is that?

or could it be the chia seed itself, it kinda chewy at times

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1