Singapore Airlines Plane in trouble again

Dru8999

both Airbus and Boeing also Ang Mo makers. :D China maker one I don't dare to take.

I can only suspect Airbus is the alliance of UK, Germany and France aerospace industries. All are very proud people especially the French. Remembered reading a report, where the wires were too short when the tried to connect different body parts together. Anyone can shed light if A380 doors are French made?

Last time one French car maker also got door problem on one of their model with sliding door. The owner gave up after so many times tring to resolve with dealer. In the end, he has to live with it.

My French ride also has some door problem initially, but luckily dealer resolved it during warranty. The front driver door is self-opening; it popped out suddenly when going through speed regulating stripes on the aeroplane road in Changi.

I dun fly frequently, but those times i do, many airlines using Airbus, so not much choice .....

In the last case of the SIA A380 w door problem ( London to SG, divert to Baku ), the door vibration was very severe and suspected of causing pressure loss.

Wonder why no one ground this A380 series until this is settled ..... maybe ang mo maker?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

both Airbus and Boeing also Ang Mo makers. :D China maker one I don't dare to take.

- - -

http://travel.cnn.com/sydney/visit/tiger-airways-grounded-australia-and-its-future-air-175085

haha, then maybe Asian operator will be asked to lick the dust pronto .... one Ang Mo country speedily curtailed the wings of an asian operator...

happened in 2011

Tiger Airways is endangered.

All Australian domestic flights operated by Singapore Airline’s carrier have been grounded until July 31 due to safety concerns. The troubled airline’s future is uncertain after its most recent breach of safety standards.

I can only suspect Airbus is the alliance of UK, Germany and France aerospace industries. All are very proud people especially the French. Remembered reading a report, where the wires were too short when the tried to connect different body parts together. Anyone can shed light if A380 doors are French made?

Last time one French car maker also got door problem on one of their model with sliding door. The owner gave up after so many times tring to resolve with dealer. In the end, he has to live with it.

My French ride also has some door problem initially, but luckily dealer resolved it during warranty. The front driver door is self-opening; it popped out suddenly when going through speed regulating stripes on the aeroplane road in Changi.

Airbus is manufacture by France and Boeing is manufacture by British but after the manufacturer deliver the planes to the airlines, it's the job of the airlines to maintain and ensure the planes are in good condition. Maybe within a year or within certain air miles, can still claim to be manufacturing defects but after that, all responsibilities should be with the owner.

Just look at our MRT now, whose fault? Most of the companies don't care about preventive maintenance and know nuts about preventive maintenance. And don't tell me about the companies are ISO9000 Certified, it's just bull shit. ISO9000 cannot ensure product quality, the reliability of the products and service quality at all.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If possible, try to stick to B777.

providing it doesn't get lost somewhere in the indian ocean........ [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged

haha,so SIA is door abuser .... because this is not the first SIA A380 with door problem.

so, it is not a systemic problem of the maker.

Hypersonic

Airbus is manufacture by France and Boeing is manufacture by British but after the manufacturer deliver the planes to the airlines, it's the job of the airlines to maintain and ensure the planes are in good condition. Maybe within a year or within certain air miles, can still claim to be manufacturing defects but after that, all responsibilities should be with the owner.

Just look at our MRT now, whose fault? Most of the companies don't care about preventive maintenance and know nuts about preventive maintenance. And don't tell me about the companies are ISO9000 Certified, it's just bull shit. ISO9000 cannot ensure product quality, the reliability of the products and service quality at all.

Boeing is a US company and Airbus are a European consortium.

Yup maintenance is very important and ISO doesn't mean quality. Completely agree.

Quality is a function of management. Lousy management leads to lousy quality.

:D

• Praise 4

Yup maintenance is very important and ISO doesn't mean quality. Completely agree.

ISO can mean doing the wrong things consistently!

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

:o :o SQ866... that's the airplane I normally take to HK [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Mai kia mai kia.

I will write in to them to change to SQ888.

Singaporean very forgetful......

Given its financial performance, perhaps the title should be Singapore Airlines in troubles again....without the "A380".

I have been using Qantas, Cathay etc for my last few vacations... good luck to SQ!

finally find someone who think alike. :)

Hypersonic

Mai kia mai kia.

I will write in to them to change to SQ888.

Singaporean very forgetful......

[laugh] [laugh]

Good ah! SQ doesn't have flight number 888 yet. It can be the first.

Supersonic
(edited)

Good ah! SQ doesn't have flight number 888 yet. It can be the first.

I'd rather be on Flight 666. :D

post-52704-0-79302500-1399781270.jpg

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Airbus A380 has performed very well so far.

something like 128 A380 in service, Emirates has the most - 47, SIA 19.

so i still don't know - A380 has door problem or only SIA suay.

Hypersonic

ISO can mean doing the wrong things consistently!

ISO are just a lot of paper work and wayang during auditing only.

ISO are just a lot of paper work and wayang during auditing only.

ISO is just a total waste of time and money unless the top management and the people really put in effort to get things right.

Totally agree.