Singapore Airlines Plane in trouble again

Dru8999

Thankfully it was on ground and that no passengers on board, except for an engineer ... And luckily no injuries...

Hopefully a thorough investigation will shed some light on what is the main cause, and SIA can then rectify

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Its ok.

I think they have more than one.

:D

They have more than one A380. But to HK, there's only one A380. :XD:

Good luck @Enye. Contact me if you reach safely :D

• Praise 3

An engineer was on aboard the SIA plane doing some checks when it happened. So, it could be screwed up check. Press wrong button or some locks not in place before checks.

Expensive damage.

Something like this also happened to EVA....

EvaAir.jpg

This looks like boeing 747!

Not A380 but a smaller A330.

If you look at the pictures carefully, you can see that the aircraft door was also ripped out. I think the aero-bridge would have sustained some damage. Thankfully there were no injuries.

Not A380 but a smaller A330.

If you look at the pictures carefully, you can see that the aircraft door was also ripped out. I think the aero-bridge would have sustained some damage. Thankfully there were no injuries.

Front wheels allegedly retracted??

Is someone fiddling with the buttons? :D

Cat E which can be used for all vehicles will shoot high. Cat a & b safe.

hmmm you trying to say aeroplane also will need Cat E soon ?

Waa this KBW si beh KNS ! kekekeke

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Front wheels allegedly retracted??

Is someone fiddling with the buttons? :D

SIA has not issued any official statement.

The press reported that there was an engineer onboard the aircraft, performing some pre-flight engineering checks.

The nose wheel retraction is a fact. The pictures show it. The front nose retracted back into the aircraft and not collapsed.

The funny thing is how come the aircraft front wheel can retract even though the aircraft is on the ground. I am not an aircraft engineer but I would have thought there would be some safety mechanism such that even if the engineer or pilot pressed the wrong button, the wheels shouldn't retract while the plane is on the ground.

Or maybe it was a computer virus? :excl::excl:

SIA has not issued any official statement.

The press reported that there was an engineer onboard the aircraft, performing some pre-flight engineering checks.

The nose wheel retraction is a fact. The pictures show it. The front nose retracted back into the aircraft and not collapsed.

The funny thing is how come the aircraft front wheel can retract even though the aircraft is on the ground. I am not an aircraft engineer but I would have thought there would be some safety mechanism such that even if the engineer or pilot pressed the wrong button, the wheels shouldn't retract while the plane is on the ground.

Or maybe it was a computer virus? :excl::excl:

I am concerned about the structural integrity of the aircraft hull. Can fly again arnot or write off leow? [:p]

• Praise 1

I am concerned about the structural integrity of the aircraft hull. Can fly again arnot or write off leow? [:p]

I am not qualified to answer your question. Hopefully, SIA will address this when they finally say what happened.