6 series Gran Coupe vs CLS vs Panny vs A7

Wolfverine

I realized that there is no discussion thread on the above thus, thought of started one.

Anyone who had been through this thought process and care to share? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Not quite the exact cars but yes.

Was driving the old 6er some years ago, then change to CLS some years ago, thought of the Panamera and A7.

I like the driving feel of BMW more than Mercy.

But i truly enjoed the cruising feel of my CLS.

The Panamera feels like a heavier CLS although stiffer and the A7 i have never tried.

If you like city nimbleness and sports feel, the 6er is the winner here. If you like long lumpy cruisers, its probably the Mercy over the Rest as the former is bit more comfy and plush.

If you like an in between, then the Panamera will do.

A7 looks very good but i hv no experience with Audis.

In terms of cost of maintenance and servicing, i found the Mercy the easiest and least expensive of the lot.

Edited by Throttle2

Seems like you have been through 2 out of the 4!

Your feedback is spot on to how I perceived the 6GC vs CLS! My view on the appearance is that the 6GC is sportier while the CLS is more of a cruiser. Dropped the Panny as I do not want to spend that much while the A7, in my opinion, looks kind of weird especially from the back and side. Thus, between the 6 and the CLS, I'm more inclined with the 6GC as it can sit 2+1 behind whereas the CLS is strictly a 2 seater behind. Had a chance recently to be in one with white Individual trimmings (see pics) [thumbsup] but I can't imagine having white interior for my own car as the upkeep will be challenging!

Am I right also that the CLS is not a turbo but NA engine?

Was driving the old 6er some years ago, then change to CLS some years ago, thought of the Panamera and A7.

The Panamera feels like a heavier CLS although stiffer and the A7 i have never tried.

If you like city nimbleness and sports feel, the 6er is the winner here. If you like long lumpy cruisers, its probably the Mercy over the Rest as the former is bit more comfy and plush.

In terms of cost of maintenance and servicing, i found the Mercy the easiest and least expensive of the lot.

post-14331-0-74704000-1399962694_thumb.jpg

post-14331-0-32277500-1399962843_thumb.jpg

Agree with Throttle bro.

If it is btw 6er and CLS, prob go for 6er as sportier feel.

Unless if u r gg for the "sportier" siblings like M6 or CLS63, I would prefer the Merc [laugh]

cls is na v6...

gc is twin power turbo....

imo, cls is cruiser and sedate driving..

gc is sporty and spirited driving...u see their 0-100 u know alr..

a7 machiam sportback n backside like not proportionate..

To drive - 6er

To be driven - CLS

What do you want?

to be driven not cls liao..s class liao...i sit behind cls also quite tight, but i 1.8m and ups la

• Praise 1

y not setup a poll fer the 4 cars and let the people here vote?

I m inclined to the CLS

I realized that there is no discussion thread on the above thus, thought of started one.

Anyone who had been through this thought process and care to share? Thanks!

Sure thing; I dont believe I can start it on this thread now and as such, will create another one with the poll. Hopefully admin can merge the 2. Thanks!

y not setup a poll fer the 4 cars and let the people here vote?

I m inclined to the CLS

Neutral Newbie

Hi there, I am rather keen on the CLS as the next ride. Can anyone share as to whether reliability is any issue or is there any particular problem or issue with this car esp the new model? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks James p.s. I am also thinking whether the diesel version (CLS 250) is worth the consideration in term of overall refinement. Read that power but esp torque is ok but concern remains about overall refinement.

A7 out of league already, i reckon 6 series and cls are on equal par but it depend on personal preference. If me i would go for CLS as i don't quite like the back of 6 series

Supercharged

CLS very cramped lei , low head room . Why not consider the new S Coupe ( ex CL ) , should be coming into Singapore very soon .

A7 , I think abit waste of time .

Pana , over priced , under power and slow plus old model Liao .

6 GC , I think it's freaking ugly .

(edited)

The Panamera gives a luxurious ride but numb handling. Strictly 4 seater.

Suitable for those who drive for sake of driving.

My neighbor has his driven by a chauffeur. Lucky bugger- I meant the guy who got paid to drive it.

The 6er GC is nimble and exciting to drive but I prefer the previous model (E63) for it's looks.

Edited by TameDriver

CLS very cramped lei , low head room . Why not consider the new S Coupe ( ex CL ) , should be coming into Singapore very soon .

A7 , I think abit waste of time .

Pana , over priced , under power and slow plus old model Liao .

6 GC , I think it's freaking ugly .

I agree with your comments above except that I think 6 GC looks sleek and has a commanding presence at the same time. Also, CLS is not enjoyable to drive.

Eh... based on your comments, none of the above 4 is a good idea?! So what do you recommend for this segment? Go back to the conventional S-class, A8 and 7-series? XJ? Not in the same league, I think.

↡ Advertisement