Stupid china kids.

Little_prince

chuhanli.jpg

A group of Chinese students caused a stir online when they allegedly ordered "cooked sushi" at arguably the world's greatest sushi restaurant, Sukiyabashi Jiro. When the staff refused, one of them, surnamed Lin, ranted online about their "poor service," hoping her countrymen would sympathize. They did not. RocketNews24 reports:

As most people know, the vast majority of sushi toppings include raw fish, clams or some other form of edible goodness from the sea. Lin’s friends found the Japanese delicacy incredibly hard to swallow, and after testing their limits with two pieces of fishy sushi, apparently exited the restaurant to fill their bellies with deep-fried pork cutlets at a nearby establishment.

The remaining entourage then cancelled all the items on their pre-ordered course and asked to switch to “cooked sushi” … to go.

In response to the unusual request, the sushi master enquired, “Is sushi served cooked in your country? If you can’t handle raw food, you should have informed us when you made the reservation!” Possibly feeling humiliated for being questioned, Lin then retorted, “Who knew!? I didn’t make the reservation!” Lin expressed her outrage in her post, writing, “If we were Abe! If we were Obama! Would he dare to show such an attitude?”

Because how could she possibly know the world's most famous sushi restaurant, and the subject of hit film Jiro Dreams of Sushi, actually served sushi, right? Also, we assume neither Abe or Obama ordered "cooked sushi." We're glad seats at a restaurant that requires you to make a reservation a year or more in advance were wasted on this group.

Lin's online rant was recently taken down after she was bombarded with (rightfully) scathing netizen comments. Here's a screenshot:

linchuhan.png

At 2:45 p.m., I brought my food to the restaurant again right after it closed. I've received criticism and suggestions from from many people. I stood at the door and said sorry. The person who answered the door was the head of the restaurant. I asked him if he could remember me. He beamed and said yes...

He asked why I didn't eat raw food but still went to a Sushi restaurant.

I said it was because of work. I didn't choose which restaurant we ate at.

He asked why I didn't say sorry for being 40 minutes late.

I said it was my fault. Forgetting to say sorry was my fault too. It's my problem.

He asked why I talked to the staff about having the sushi cooked.

I said because at that moment, I...

probably from the same ilk that expect singaporean not to cook curry in our own house. kaoz

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Okay mah. She accept her mistake. She go back and apologize. Very good Liao. Singaporean kid?? Likely say it's gahmen fault.

Edited by Joseph22
  • Praise 6

(edited)

Request for Cooked sushi seems still logical as she could be asking for Tomago, if she asked for cooked sashimi, then ought to be shot.

Maybe the one asking for steak in a vegetarian menu is her friend [laugh]

Probably 1-in-6 of the complaints would be from Chinese given they account for 1/6 of the total human population.

Probably more given their odd sense of thinking.

http://news.yahoo.com/sea-too-blue-waiter-too-handsome-oddest-hotel-203526139.html

London (AFP) - An overly-handsome waiter, a snoring girlfriend and the sea being too blue are among some of the bizarre complaints made to hotel staff, according to a survey published Monday.

Travel search engine Skyscanner quizzed 400 international hotel workers to draw up a list of the top ten unusual grumbles and diva-like demands.

Other complaints included sheets being too white, ice cream being too cold, the bath being too big and no steak on a vegetarian menu.

One customer asked for a discount after his sleep was disturbed by his snoring girlfriend, while another asked for a refund as his dog had had an unhappy stay.

Staff in a hotel in London's Mayfair were taken aback when a client bemoaned the lack of an ocean view.

Equally eyebrow raising are some of the requests, including one for a dead mouse.

One guest asked for a bowl of crocodile soup, another for a bath of honey while one hungry punter demanded 15 cucumbers a day.

Most unusual complaints revealed by hotel staff:

1) The sheets are too white

2) The sea was too blue

3) Ice cream too cold

4) Bath was too big

5) Girlfriend's snoring kept guest awake

6) Guest's dog didn’t enjoy his stay

7) Hotel had no ocean view (in Mayfair, London)

8) There was no steak on vegetarian menu

9) Waiter was too handsome

10) Mother of groom wasn't given the honeymoon suite

Most unusual hotel requests revealed by hotel staff:

1) One glass of water on the hour every hour, throughout the night

2) 15 cucumbers a day

3) Toilet to be filled with mineral water

4) Bath of honey

5) Sound of goat bells to aid sleep

6) Only the right legs of a chicken

7) A dead mouse

8) Bath of chocolate milk

9) 16 pillows (for single guest)

10) Crocodile soup

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Mange to find the a more balance article.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/05/12/chinese-student-asks-for-cooked-sushi-at-sukibayashi-jiro-gets-flamed-by-chinese-netizens/

aren’t particularly friendly towards foreign customers, and it’s highly recommended to have a local or someone who can speak Japanese in company on your visit as the staff only speak minimal English. That being said, we doubt that sushi experts jump into an argument with their foreign visitors for no reason.

In the page-long rant on the 23-year-old Chinese student Chuhan Lin’s Weibo account, what started the first spark was a line that mentioned that Lin and her four friends, all Chinese, turned up at the restaurant in Roppongi (a two-star branch managed by Master Jiro’s son, Takashi) 40 minutes late and didn’t even utter a word of apology, reasoning that they were too rushed.

▼ Chuhan Lin
49b2ea91jw1efeys9epk0j20dc0hsgoi.jpg?w=8

More trouble ensued when one of Lin’s friends attempted to open the common locker within the restaurant – which also held other patrons’ belongings – to retrieve her wallet without seeking assistance or permission from the staff. She was apparently told off for doing so, and, whether or not the language barrier was partly to blame, the incident ended up with both parties decidedly irked.

The trouble didn’t quite end there, though. It turns out that two of Lin’s friends could not stomach raw food.

As most people know, the vast majority of sushi toppings include raw fish, clams or some other form of edible goodness from the sea. Lin’s friends found the Japanese delicacy incredibly hard to swallow, and after testing their limits with two pieces of fishy sushi, apparently exited the restaurant to fill their bellies with deep-fried pork cutlets at a nearby establishment.

The remaining entourage then cancelled all the items on their pre-ordered course and asked to switch to “cooked sushi” … to go.

jiro_sushi-6.jpg?w=873&h=582

In response to the unusual request, the sushi master enquired, “Is sushi served cooked in your country? If you can’t handle raw food, you should have informed us when you made the reservation!” Possibly feeling humiliated for being questioned, Lin then retorted, “Who knew!? I didn’t make the reservation!” Lin expressed her outrage in her post, writing, “If we were Abe! If we were Obama! Would he dare to show such an attitude?”

What started off as a rage rant on Weibo soon escalated to public shaming, however, with legions of netizens flaming Lin and calling her a “national disgrace.” It wasn’t long before she took down the post due to the aggressive comments.

▼ Chuhan Lin’s follow-up posts on Weibo.linchuhan.png?w=873&h=818

On 27 April, Lin posted an update on Weibo to address several questions from netizens. She explained that she only went to the sushi bar as it was part of her job and that it wasn’t her choice of restaurant, though she admitted that she was in the wrong for arriving 40 minutes late and not apologizing. She also mentioned that the request to change their items to sushi made with cooked ingredients was in an attempt to minimize food wastage, and has not expected her request to cause further miscommunication and misunderstanding. Lin also admitted that she deleted her previous rant post because “the whole world is scolding me.”

The next day, the Chinese student wrote that after reading through all the comments and responses to her previous post, she visited the sushi bar in Roppongi again to apologize for her earlier behavior.

In her post, she also mentioned that the sushi master explained that they prepare the ingredients according to the number of guests they are expecting daily in order to ensure that each and every diner would be able to enjoy the freshest delicacies. After ironing out their cultural differences and understanding Lin’s circumstances, he smiled and kindly told her to visit them again when she has acquired a taste for sushi.

As the old saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. It might be difficult to completely understand and adapt to cultural habits, be it in Japan, Rome, or anywhere else, but just as we wouldn’t appreciate foreign visitors doing outrageous things in our homeland, it wouldn’t hurt to do a little research before visiting other countries to avoid doing anything out of line in foreign lands.

When in doubt, it’s always a good idea to ask. Or, read a certain Tokyo-based news site regularly to load up on some information about Japan from a foreigner’s persepective!

Edited by Joseph22

Hypersonic

The photo of Lin looks quite chio :D

If she said sorry in a "teh" way, any guy especially the Jap chef would just gladly accept :)

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If she said sorry in a "teh" way, any guy especially the Jap chef would just gladly accept :)

You wanna teh her neh neh huh?... Hehehe..

Like a younger Lin Zhiling.. [gorgeous]

(edited)

wah.....the girl jin faps leh.....

look like younger days 吴倩莲...

* pew pew pew *

Edited by Nightkids

Turbocharged

Yah I think so... Jap guys are well-known very tiko one... [laugh]

Hypersonic

Xmm...(or xmm look)...i like... [sly]

sexy legs

914663_264506110389004_404008355_n.jpgbcd1dbae.jpg

8baa7be3.jpg

Too bad her FB closed already, if not sure has many pics... :wub:

Alamak, that's fast !

If not, can see more photos :)

Mai tu liao :D